Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Challenge

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

as I said, I have to re-watch it to discuss consistently the scene that made me laugh out loud, it was something about someone who was supposed to (maybe sent?) to kill him, and something happened that I can't clearly remember now, but that was ridiculous. Now I think I maybe have to watch it again, there seems to be a lot of Gladiator fans around and I probably owe you a more detailed explanation of my position.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Well don't go to any lengthy effort on my behalf, I was just curious why you didn't like it.

I like it just fine for both of us.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Day 18 - A movie that you wish more people would’ve seen

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    The Pianist

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Day 17 - A movie that disappointed you
    Gladiator
    it seemed to me historically inaccurate (blatantly so), logically preposterous (ditto), psychologically weak, and all other kinds of faults I usually find in a movie I don't like. I don't remember it now well enough to go into the details, I can either unearth a big letter I wrote to my student while the memories were still fresh, or, if you want to discuss it further, I'll try to watch it again.
    Jean, thank you. I thought I was the only one.

The Station Agent
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    it seemed to me historically inaccurate (blatantly so), logically preposterous (ditto), psychologically weak, and all other kinds of faults I usually find in a movie I don't like. I don't remember it now well enough to go into the details, I can either unearth a big letter I wrote to my student while the memories were still fresh, or, if you want to discuss it further, I'll try to watch it again.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Frog Dreaming, or The Quest, or The Go Kids.

All the same movie, just three different titles. As a kid I loved that movie and haven't been able to find it now that I'm grown. However, before I found the title of it last week, I had tried to describe it to people who looked at me like I was high. LOL
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    You're more gracious than I, though, bear, because someone would probably have to pay me to get me to watch it again!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

well, I felt some relief after Brother John said he didn't really want such a sacrifice

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm not gonna make you watch a movie you didn't like for the sake of argument, I'm not THAT evil.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Speaking of which, I've often wondered if Brits buy James Marster's British on Buffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    To answer your question JB: abso-fucking-lutely. Tbh, for the longest time I actually thought he was British, that's how good his accent really was. Hell, a lot of my mates thought the same, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    must say i agree, the accent was tiptop. and he never faltered with it which was surprising
    Are you kidding?! I thought his accent was awful He was like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins!

That being said, Spike was probably my favourite character along with Faith, so I forgave him.

My Mood
    Breezy

interesting, 2 out of 3 brits agree James Marsters is a believable Brit.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Legend. not I am Legend, or Legend of Billy Jean(but then again that one would be on there too...lol)

Legend with a very young Tom Cruise.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Fall

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post

Legend. not I am Legend, or Legend of Billy Jean(but then again that one would be on there too...lol)

Legend with a very young Tom Cruise.
    This movie almost made me throw up in my mouth.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The Gods Must Be Crazy

I grew up watching this movie and I think it's awesome the way it so accurately depicts human nature in such a simple way.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought his basic British accent was ok, but he kept trying to speak in a cockney accent which is where he went wrong. Plus, the type of affluent young man he was before he got vamped, he would have had an upper class accent anyway...and then considering on top of that that he'd been in America so long he'd have an American accent anyway - like Angel, who completely lost his Irish accent.

But y'know, not that I take Buffy seriously or anything...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Repo! The Genetic Opera

It's just so odd and fun! What's not to love about a rock opera chronicling the journey of a repo man who repossesses peoples' organs?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Rebecca
    When it comes to Hitchcock films, I feel like this one always gets overlooked. But it's such a beautiful film.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

The Fall
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

The Gods Must Be Crazy

I grew up watching this movie and I think it's awesome the way it so accurately depicts human nature in such a simple way.
    I have them both. I think they're beautiful, clean, funny movies. Which is pretty impossible to find, nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought his basic British accent was ok, but he kept trying to speak in a cockney accent which is where he went wrong. Plus, the type of affluent young man he was before he got vamped, he would have had an upper class accent anyway...and then considering on top of that that he'd been in America so long he'd have an American accent anyway - like Angel, who completely lost his Irish accent.

But y'know, not that I take Buffy seriously or anything...
    yeah, you're SO not obsessed with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

The Fall
    For a second there I thought you said Fallen, and I was all like "squee!" and then I read it again and I was all like, "awww."

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This should come as no surprise to my friends from the Horror thread:

Trick 'r Treat
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In Bruges.

I too love Gladiator. Sure, it has its faults, but it's just a movie. Its main objective is to entertain, not teach.

Although I can see where certain things could prohibit a person from being entertained.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

The Gods Must Be Crazy

I have them both. I think they're beautiful, clean, funny movies. Which is pretty impossible to find, nowadays.

Awesome.
    You're seriously the second person outside of my family who has known about this movie. (As far as I know, of course.)
    I own both of them, but haven't watched the second one in years. Still, the original is a classic, IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Rebecca
    When it comes to Hitchcock films, I feel like this one always gets overlooked. But it's such a beautiful film.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast