Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christopher Nolan

25 78.13%
  • George Lucas

7 21.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: TGDT - Round 2 - Christopher Nolan vs George Lucas

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    At his top as a director, yes... but I still can't give it 3 whole loves, lol.
    I'm a nostalgia nut, though, so that movie is packed with awesome for me.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Yes.

Now that I am halfway through The Prestige, I have to suppose American Graffity has to be really fucking good to compete.
    I'm not really sure what you'll think of it Jean. It is a very... American film. What I mean is that I think it plays really well to a generation and even to the generation after that (people in their 30's and 40's now) but I think it is also a cultural film as well that may not translate over very well into other cultural areas of the world.

Either way, American Graffiti is certainly a better film and better story than The Prestige. As a magician, I found The Prestige interesting, unrealistic, and disappointing all at the same time. As a film watcher, I found it decent the first time around, but boring on the second watching.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven’t seen Following yet either.

I voted for Nolan. Then again, in order to stay friends with Feev, I’m contractually obligated to vote for Nolan every round.

I enjoyed The Prestige. I’ve noticed that there are two kinds of people. Those that prefer The Prestige and those that prefer The Illusionist.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer The Illusionist.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I've not seen The Illusionist yet.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I voted for Nolan. Then again, in order to stay friends with Feev, I’m contractually obligated to vote for Nolan every round.
    You bet your ass you are !

I enjoyed The Prestige. I’ve noticed that there are two kinds of people. Those that prefer The Prestige and those that prefer The Illusionist.
    The Prestige is light years ahead of The Illusionist.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Illusionist sucked. If it wasn't for Paul Giamatti and his awesomeness, the movie would have been a total write off.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

I'm not really sure what you'll think of it Jean. It is a very... American film. What I mean is that I think it plays really well to a generation and even to the generation after that (people in their 30's and 40's now) but I think it is also a cultural film as well that may not translate over very well into other cultural areas of the world.

Either way, American Graffiti is certainly a better film and better story than The Prestige. As a magician, I found The Prestige interesting, unrealistic, and disappointing all at the same time. As a film watcher, I found it decent the first time around, but boring on the second watching.
    I am going to see American Graffiti, then, as soon as I can. Something went wrong with my source today.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    You bet your ass you are !
    I am going to vote for Nolan every round in which he faces Spielberg or Tarantino.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Christopher Nolan advances !

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I also preferred The Illusionist.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Christopher Nolan advances !

good

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I regret to say, it didn't. I mean, I watched about one third and realized I just couldn't go on.

Either way, American Graffiti is certainly a better film and better story than The Prestige.
    Well, no.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought virtually everything about American Graffiti was better than The Prestige. The acting is the only thing that was rougher, and that's because quite a few of the actors were in the beginning of their careers. Everything else was better, IMO. It doesn't matter though since this poll is over and Nolan advances. He deserves it because he really is the better director of the two.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Well, I regret to say, it didn't. I mean, I watched about one third and realized I just couldn't go on.
    Aww. I guess I will survive, though. Big Dog doesn't like Grease.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4