Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Velvet Underground

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Velvet Underground

I discovered these guys months ago and now are one of my favourite bands. In my eyes, the original grunge band, though they expand into other genres as well.

My two favourite albums are Velvet Underground and Niko and VU.

Favourite songs are: Heroin, Pale Blue Eyes, All Tomorrows Parties, Stephanie Says, I'm Waiting For The Man, Femme Fatale, Ocean, Rock and Roll, Foggy Notion and I'm Beginning To See The Light
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Lou Reed.....you only just discovered them?

<-------envious of hearing this stuff fresh.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've been exploring the classics one band at a time for a year or so. Been going through Beatles, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, The Guess Who, Mamas and the Papas, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd and some others. Unsure of who to go through next, heard good stuff about The Band but also interested in Wings and The Who.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

It's getting easier to hear someone say "the classics" when discribing the soundtrack of my youth. That's a terrific line up, Play them all, ya really can't go wrong.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, The Velvet Underground. I love them.

Is it just me, or is Lou Reed one of the best lyricists ever?
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I definitely agree.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like Lou Reed's solo stuff, too. And i need to check out some John Cale.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Just here to say that they are my all time favorite band. Impossible for me to outgrow them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, mattrick, do you have White Light/White Heat?

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    I think that last smiley face is supposed to be Lou Reed.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Also, mattrick, do you have White Light/White Heat?
    I've got it all. VU and VU and Niko are my favourites atm. Loaded is alright what I've listened to it so far.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good. I really think that all their records are brilliant, but WL/WH is probably tied with VU and Nico as my favorite.