Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frank Capra

14 56.00%
  • Sergio Leone

11 44.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDGT - Round 2 - Frank Capra vs Sergio Leone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDGT - Round 2 - Frank Capra vs Sergio Leone

Frank Capra's IMDB Page
    Notable films: It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It Happened One Night, Arsenic and Old Lace

Sergio Leone's IMDB Page
    Notable films : A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, Once Upon A Time in the West, Once Upon A Time in America

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Capra.

(my nominee, by the way. I'm glad he made it to this round)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sergio Leone

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Capra is bears' favorite American director.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooooooh this is hard.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

bears know what my vote is already.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Capra.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

not hard... Capra
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty close race so far ...

Country
    Country Flag

Guys. There's no American movie better than It's a Wonderful Life. Really. Even Mr.Smith Goes to Washington only comes as a close second...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Vote for Leone, he gave us The Good , The Bad, & The Ugly. We wouldn't have The Dark Tower series otherwise

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Capra.
    Leone is good, but too one dimentional to beat Capra.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Capra

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

ITT : Feev's heart breaking.

Country
    Country Flag

bears don't want feev's heart to break

can bears do something?

bears advise you to watch more Hitchcock. You'll see that there's no cause for grief.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears advise you to watch more Hitchcock. You'll see that there's no cause for grief.
    I agree. Rear Window? I fear you have forgotten
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

that's what I meant

I found out some time ago that Hitchcock is great if you need consolation. I will try to develop this later.

or, for that matter, watch some Capra, feve! You'll see that he is the greatest of all Americans (I've never considered Hitchcock an American, of course), so, again, there's no cause for grief!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen every Capra film on that list except Old Lace, but I still vastly prefer Leone.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh.

Oh.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I've seen every Capra film on that list except Old Lace, but I still vastly prefer Leone.

Aww! I understand your sadness. I'd be sad too if I preferred Leone to Capra.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Leone was highly innovative visually.

I think we often regard Capra's films as standard fare just because his work has been around for so long.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

After much soul-searching I finally voted for....
    Spoiler:
    Capra.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Country
    Country Flag

You have pleased the old bears immensely...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast