Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terrence Malick

0 0%
  • Paul Thomas Anderson

4 17.39%
  • Darren Aronofsky

1 4.35%
  • Frank Darabont

18 78.26%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group M

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group M

Terrence Malick's IMDB Page
    Notable films: The Thin Red Line, Days of Heaven, The New World, Badlands

Paul Thomas Anderson's IMDB Page

Notable films: There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights, Punch-Drunk Love, Magnolia, Hard Eight

Darren Aronofsky's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Pi, The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain

Frank Darabont's IMDB Page
    Notable Films: The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Majestic, The Mist
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul Thomas Anderson.

There Will Be Blood and Magnolia are two of my all time favorite films, and he seems to get better with each subsequent film he directs.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

darabont or anderson

i'll come back
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Darabont is fantastic but I have to give the nod to Paul Thomas Anderson. The Wrestler is amazing but haven't seen any of Aranofsky's other movies to judge.

Paul Thomas Anderson wins simply because he does what I want to do. He writes and he directs. He literally creates the movie. Darabont is great but he adapts other peoples work to perfection. Anderson is the better filmmaker. Punch Drunk Love is one of my favourite movies. Still have to see Boogie Nights and There Will Be Blood though.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Went with Darabont. Did not like There will be Blood. (or rather There will be a tiny miniscule amount of blood at the end of this incredibly boring film about nothing) Did not like Boogie Nights or Punch Drunk Love.
    Thought the Wrestler and Thin Red Line were ok, but havent seen anymore of the movies from Arnofsky or Malick.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I didn't think this thread would be this lopsided, and especially not in favor of Darabont ... but then again , he did direct movies based off of SK novels, so I shouldn't be that surprised

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's not because of King movies that I voted for him (liked only Shawshank, and not that much), but for the Majestic, which is the biggest tear-jerker of all times, and bears like it... once in a while

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Darabont, but Aranofsky would have had my vote otherwise.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Anderson
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, apart from Shawshank and The Mist, Darabont really hasn't wowed me at all. Now, PTA... man, there's a genius!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Sorry, apart from Shawshank and The Mist, Darabont really hasn't wowed me at all. Now, PTA... man, there's a genius!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Pft. Meh.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not a single vote for Aronofsky or Malick? Someone did nominate them, didn't they?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have voted Aranofsky if I hadn't voted as I did.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Darabont doesn't win this one, this just isn't any kind of King fan site.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If Darabont doesn't win this one, this just isn't any kind of King fan site.
    This was precisely the point I was alluding to in my earlier post, voting for Darabont out of a knee-jerk reaction to his SK based films. For me, both Anderson and Aronofsky have a much richer filmography.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

this poll is closing today !

Country
    Country Flag

Malick and Aronofsky still at zero...

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Glad I could make it here before the poll is closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Malick and Aronofsky still at zero...
    Not anymore. I see why Aronofsky doesn't have a chance against Darabont. But ''Pi'' is a masterpiece. I am not even going to tell about my obsession for ''The Fountain''.

Country
    Country Flag

actually, I wouldn't mind listening... bears are all ears (maybe in some constant movie thread, like General Discussion or something)

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    actually, I wouldn't mind listening... bears are all ears (maybe in some constant movie thread, like General Discussion or something)
    We have a thread for the movie here: Death is the road to awe. - The Fountain
    I am waiting you there.

Country
    Country Flag

thank you sweetheart!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Darabont and Anderson advance !

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Glad I could make it here before the poll is closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Forgive me?

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread