Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Closer

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Closer

Am I the only one here who likes The Closer? Neither of my kids nor my wife like this show--mainly because of Brenda Lee's (Kyra Sedgewick) nutiness and hangups, but I REALLY enjoy it.

Luckily, I'm retired, because TNT has started showing the old episodes at 2pm EDT each weekday. I don't remember watching these (even though I know I did) so it's like watching new episodes each day!

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I both really enjoy this program as well. Brenda is about as quirky as my wife, so I'm kinda used to it, but don't tell her I said that.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I haven't seen some of the earliest seasons either, but I've been watching it for at least three years now and never miss it. I'm also enjoying the new show that follows it, Rizzoli and Isles, based on the novels of Tess Gerritsen. It has some problems, but it's not a bad follow-up to The Closer.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't say I like Rizzoli and Isles. I found it to be somewhat borgin and tedious. My wife found in somewhat unbelievable that (as happened in the pilot episode) someone who had been abducted by a crazed killer once before would get into the back of a black van with no one around, even IF they thought they were identifying someone they knew who had been killed.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I love the Provenza and Flynn episodes!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

True! They are ALWAYS good for a laugh!

John

Provenza: What else could possibly go wrong?

Flynn (looking out front window): Uh, isn't that your car?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the episode where they find a dead body in a storage unit, then decide go to a ball game first and call in the body later because they don't want to miss the game? As you can imagine, the fit hits the shan when they return to the storage unit and discover the body is no longer there.

Yep -- another Keystone Kops Klassic!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A great episode!

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Big upset at the Emmy Awards last night.... Kyra Sedgwick takes Best Actress in a Drama for The Closer!!!

You go, Kyra !!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I was thrilled !!!

Not that I dislike Glenn Close or Julianna Margulies, who were the big favorites to win, but Kyra is just wonderful as Brenda Lee Johnson. I mean, under the radar good ... so it's nice to see her pop up on the radar again!!!

<insert a Chief Johnson "thank you" right here>

Since I can't find the mash-up of "Thank You"s I was looking for... this will have to do :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-F4Gwor1ao"]YouTube- The Closer - Provenza mimics Brenda[/ame]
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on tonight's ending. I'm of two minds. The first one says "What the fuck was that???!!??!??! What the hell were you thinking Brenda and who actually made that call??? WELL??"

The second one has much less to say. It says "Justice can be a real bitch huh mother fucker."

I think this week's episode was one of the best of the season. I expected T-ball to fold and get in the car again.

Country
    Country Flag

So did I Bev.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As did I. I can't help wonder what was going through his head as he walked toward his house.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching some of the teases for the upcoming season, it appears that T-ball's mother is suing the department for causing her son's death. Going to be interesting!

John

This is the final season, but I hear they're planning a spinoff using Mary McDonnell's character, Captain Raydor: Major Crimes. Not sure that I'm thrilled by that prospect.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I don't find her character so interesting that she warrants a series of her own. We'll see.

I hadn't heard that this will be The Closer's final season. I'm definitely not happy about that.

John

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch on the days that I am off. Her quirks are what make the show for me. They started showing the first episodes recently and I was like whoa what did she do to piss those two off, then realized it was the first episodes....lol.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the newest episode of he season last night and loved it! The ending (and no spoilers here) was a complete surprise to me. I can't wait to see what happens next!

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is the final season, but I hear they're planning a spinoff using Mary McDonnell's character, Captain Raydor: Major Crimes. Not sure that I'm thrilled by that prospect.
    I cant stand Mary McDonnells character. I would NOT watch any spinoff with her as the main. However, I do like her as an actress...

Looking forward to watching it and Rizzoli and Isles. It seems like I rarely watch any live TV any more. It's all on DVR.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast