Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

we should do an organized re-watch - after we've discussed W&I in the club, and have had the Macbeth festival

by that time, we must recruit more people and animals. They just don't know what they are missing

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the two minute intro clip to Life On Mars. Not really feeling the sheer magic, my friend.

Reminded me of Lost/Flash-Forward/any other movie or tv show that starts you off right after something big has happened.

Hey, trailer for a new movie called Chronicle came out a little while ago. Check it out. I think it looks damn good.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2464325145

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shannon - watch the first episode of Life on Mars, ok? Then you will know for sure whether the rest is worth it or not.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What Alfred said, Shannon. You really do need to watch the first episode to have that clip in context. Yes, it does have a 'mystery' element to it, but it's very, very small compared to those other shows. It's more about the main character Sam's journey and how he deals with living in the world he's stuck in.

Well that, and fast car chases, dodgy cops and the occasional punch-up, of course!

EDIT: and i've just realised that you took my words of "very beginning" as rather literal, Shannon. There's actually 10 minutes of build up in the present day before we actually do see the accident and the clip I posted. It's closer to The Walking Dead than either of those shows you mentioned in that we see a tiny bit of the character's ordinary life before something strange happens to him.

Watched that Chronicle trailer. Looks ok, but it kinda reminded me of Misfits, only not quite as funny. "Why do we keep killing our probation worker?!" Honestly cannot wait for series 3 to start, actually.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, we definitely need to do the Macbeth festival sometime soon

And Shannon, I just came across that trailer the other day, looks really good!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I can't remember Swan, have you watched Misfits yet? Because I absolutely adore that show. So looking forward to the new series on Sunday! If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a british take on the "superpower" genre, but this time happening to a bunch of young offenders. Watch it, if you can! (With subtitles, ideally. Especially when Kelly the chav's talking.)

"Maybe we're supposed to be...superheroes."
    "Superheroes? You lot? I'm sorry, but in what kind of fucked up world would that be allowed to happen?"

Or, even better:
    "Do you think this has affected the whole city?"
    "No. That only ever happens in America."

- Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

That new Once Upon a Time show seems promising based on the first episode. It reminds me a lot of the comic Fables in certain aspects.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    I can't remember Swan, have you watched Misfits yet? Because I absolutely adore that show. So looking forward to the new series on Sunday! If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a british take on the "superpower" genre, but this time happening to a bunch of young offenders. Watch it, if you can! (With subtitles, ideally. Especially when Kelly the chav's talking.)

"Superheroes? You lot? I'm sorry, but in what kind of fucked up world would that be allowed to happen?"

Or, even better:

We had a funny superpower show called Misfits of Science back in the 80s.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I remember hearing about that. Think it might've been Pond who described it. I'd never heard of it, myself. May have to check it out if I can.

Although I've got strong money that "monkey slut" was never used as a password in the show, am I right?

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Or, even better:

I haven't. I've heard you mention it before, but had no idea what it was about. I'll see if I can find it somewhere. I was thinking of checking out that League of Gentlemen show when I finish Psychoville. I think they finally have most if not all of season 2 up on ondemand, so maybe after I finish those 2.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, series 3 is starting on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it. And I need to rewatch series 2, it had the best line in a christmas special ever:

"What are you gonna do?"
    "I'm gonna kill Jesus!"

Well, either that or, "It's afterbirth, you dickhead!"

Oh, and I guess you won't be joining us for the Life on Mars rewatch?

- Melike

Yeah, I might have to pass on that. Unless they've changed the show and its no longer about cops

Country
    Country Flag

it is not about cops. It is about people. About times changing, about human essential values, about home[lessness] in every aspect of the concept, about right and wrong, true and false and, ultimately, about brilliant writing, acting and directing.

... and it is a thoroughly human film... unlike the one I've just had the misfortune to watch, namely Inception

I know, I'm just teasing DD. I really wish I could have enjoyed it, as I really like the concept of it. But honestly all the cop scenes just bored me to death. I cant explain it. I wish it centered around people of a different occupation then I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed it more.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember hearing about that. Think it might've been Pond who described it. I'd never heard of it, myself. May have to check it out if I can.

Although I've got strong money that "monkey slut" was never used as a password in the show, am I right?
    Nah, I'm not really saying that it was a GOOD funny superpower show, just an 80s funny superpower show. Interesting fact, but don't worry about it too much. Your recommendation sounds worth looking up, tho, thx.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    it is not about cops. It is about people. About times changing, about human essential values, about home[lessness] in every aspect of the concept, about right and wrong, true and false and, ultimately, about brilliant writing, acting and directing.
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    I know, I'm just teasing DD. I really wish I could have enjoyed it, as I really like the concept of it. But honestly all the cop scenes just bored me to death. I cant explain it. I wish it centered around people of a different occupation then I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed it more.
    Pfft, you just would've preffered it if it was on island!

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Nah, I'm not really saying that it was a GOOD funny superpower show, just an 80s funny superpower show. Interesting fact, but don't worry about it too much. Your recommendation sounds worth looking up, tho, thx.
    No worries. Most British teen drama* I can't stand, but this is a very original take on a couple of very different genres, so I hope you enjoy it.

*When I say "teen drama", I don't mean the kind in American language, with rich people moaning about their rich lives, having serious major issues with drugs, and being very dull, I mean it in the UK sense: a show full of sex scenes, strong violence and really strong language. Sometimes, it's just gratuitous, but in Misfits's case, it surprisingly works!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Your husband betrayed you on October 4th. Oh, and congratulations on the new baby....yeah, you're spiking it...great. Fuckety-bye!"

Finally watching In the Loop in full. I loved The Thick of It, and this looks to be equally as good, thankfully. Peter Capaldi is a fucking legend as Malcolm Tucker!

- Melike

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wrapping up the original "The Bad Seed"...this is excellent so far.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"It is not about cops. It is about people." lol, that is going into my signature ASAP.

I'll give it a watch, not right now, lol oh lord no, but eventually. What is your opinion of the American version? It has the lead from Terra Nova as the lead, Jason O'Mara.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Don't get me and bears started on the US version, Shannon. In our eyes it is a very, very pale version of the original. And the ending of the remake completely pisses on the original. It tries to give an "oh, that's clever" kind of twist and just ends up being stupid. The ending to the original is one of the greatest endings to a tv series that I have ever watched. Then again, the entire series is one of the greatest tv shows I have ever watched. The remake has, as a result, actually put me off anything Jason O'Mara is in. Watch the original with subtitles, that's my recommendation, Shannon. Join us when we eventually have the organised rewatch for the first ep at least, that's my recommendation.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Shannon: DD once gave an extremely graphic allegory regarding the comparison between the two versions. If I can't find the post, I'll try to reconstruct it verbatim. I don't have anything to add to that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here it is bears. I think I must've typed this up after watching so much of the Thick of It. After I mentioned that the UK version is a much stronger show than the abc remake:

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    a much stronger show? Like a seven-course dinner at Maxim's in Paris is a much tastier hamburger...
    Well, actually Jean, the comparison I'd use (which, oddly enough, I've been thinking of using for a while), is that watching the BBC original is like having the finest prepared meal at the highest quality restaurant you've been to.

Whereas the abc version is where you discover, after going outside for a quick cigarette, you discover that not only has some bastard taken your meal, but has already given it back to you. Digested, of course. Twice.

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

... So then you like the remake a lot?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yes Brice, I enjoy Kietel's lame version of Hunt a lot!

What about you, have you watched either version?

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but then i so seldom make exceptions to my no tv policy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast