Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I hope you stick it out Jean, and I do hope you enjoy it in the end
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    watching: Inception.

13 minutes in. If it goes on like this, I am afraid I will have to drop it. So far it has been incredibly boring. I do not lose hope, though, since a lot of people whose opinions matter to me said it was good. I will try another half-hour.
    The last time I watched it, I came across a fault that made me think it wouldn't be your kind of film, Jean. Specifically, the one dimensional characters and lack of humour. Not quite total lack, but still. The first time I watched it, at the cinema, I must admit I really enjoyed it. Now? I appreciate the ideas, hell, I love films that make me think, but beyond that...I like it, but I do know it's not exactly Life on Mars in how it handles the blurring between dreaming and reality.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Inception, boring? No way. Not that I don't think you're allowed to your opinion or anything, lol, but ... are you watching the right movie? lol Inception jumped into my top thirty list with EASE after I first saw it.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yet you didn't rate Withnail & I very highly, Shannon, and that's my alltime favourite movie. So I can understand the different tastes more than anyone. Inception is a really clever film, but, as far as sci-fi stories centered around dreaming are concerned, I think the Who 2 parter of of Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead remains my favourite, as that also fucks around with time travel too. Not to mention it's hilarious.

"So, what you're telling me is...this isn't the real me...this isn't my real body...

"But I've been dieting!"

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, touche! I really have to jump on Doctor Who ... maybe when my 40+ tv shows are over (and after I re-watch Sparacus with my girlfriend (she's never seen it)) I will start Doctor Who.

MAYBE! lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've only watched bits and pieces of Spartacus. I may check it out myself sometime. (Once I watch Carnivale, which I promised Heather I'd watch! (Even if I'm doubting her taste more day by day...))

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh no! Maybe I should have waiting till you watched Carnivale before I broke your heart with Withnail & I

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    Oh no! Maybe I should have waiting till you watched Carnivale before I broke your heart with Withnail & I
    Carnivale, had a forced and bitter/sweet ending. You did the right thing. Not that it isn't worth watching, but it leaves much to speculation
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

First my joint favourite show, now my favourite movie ever.

(I was kinda hoping i'd find a vid where Matt Berry said it in The IT Crowd, but this will do for now! )

- Melike

And that reminds me I need to finish Garth Marenghi's Darkplace!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great, great Movie!!!!!!

"Just don't lie to me Carlo. It insults my intelligence".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And that reminds me I need to finish Garth Marenghi's Darkplace!
    Good point! Now watching ep 3 of Darkplace.

Oh, and Swan? This will cover Jean's reaction:

(The line at 0.33, not the conversation around it.

Spoiler:
    Or the fight!
    )

- Melike

Although you should have used this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r8LnJTMqZ8

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, I shouldn't! After all, Matt Berry's great for any situation! Such as when you have one of those...awkward moments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L4eic-bGXU

- Melike

But, but.... It's James Dean

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes...but it's Matt Berry! Actor/singer/advertiser who could sell cheese to a hardcore vegan, the guy's a legend! And he does have the most amazing voice ever! 3 of them, actually: his comedy voice, his singing voice, and his normal voice. All awesome. So yes, Berry trumps all!

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Rebel Without A Cause. A little dated, but a decent movie. YOU'RE TEARING ME APART! lol

Carnivale was cancelled at the last minute, and they didn't get a chance to do the ending they wanted. They just finished the season. If you want to know what was GONNA happen in season three, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charact...haracter_fates

Interesting, I never knew they had said anything since. I really wish it had continued longer. It was such a great series.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Brother Bears, I must ask: were you able to finish Inception? And was there any of it that you at all enjoyed? (Also, was I right about why you found it so boring when you posted earlier about it?)

If you didn't like it, I'll promise I'll make up for it by watching Wag the Dog this week! (I would've watched it sooner, but I wanted to leave it a while after watching so much excellent satire on my Armando Iannucci set, first with The Day Today, and then with the near perfect The Thick of It, so it did set the bar unbelieveably high.) Also, I'll try to watch a film by Argento this week.

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had to go to bed so I left off at some place I am not sure I will be able to find now. I will give it another try tonight. I hate this type of editing, and I do not believe in movies which require mental effort to merely understand what is happening.

Did I earn a Wag the Dog watch already, or do I have to finish the movie? And if I suddenly like it, does it mean that you will procrastinate indefinitely?

And, DD, you will love Carnage! Can't wait for it to be officially released.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, either way, I'm going to watch WtD this week. Tonight, if possible.

And just looked up Carnage, and you're right, it does sound like my kind of thing. Also, since you reminded me of Wag the Dog, I'll just remind you to check out either Four Lions, one of my favourite films of last year, or The Thick of It, which is a tv series, but there's very, very few eps so far, sadly. I think you would enjoy either greatly.

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DD: re-post it in the Recommendations thread, ok? I have gotten used to relying on your taste in films, so I wouldn't like to miss anything.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Why? The crisis."
    "What crisis?"
    "I'm working on that."

As you guessed Jean, I'm watching Wag the Dog, and you're right, I'm really, really liking the look of it so far, especially De Niro as the US equivalent of a spin doctor. And I am now 100% certain that you will enjoy The Thick of It, especially Peter Capaldi giving one hell of a performance of the master of pure evil that is Malcolm Tucker.

"We're going into lockdown!"
    "Lockdown? Why are you saying lockdown? This isn't a prison drama!"
    "Actually, it is a prison drama. It's the Shawshank Redemption. Only more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption!"

Which reminds me, I need to see In the Loop, as that's basically Malcolm Tucker in America, and he's really not liking it too much!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No matter how many times I watch it, the very beginning of Life on Mars is nothing but sheer fucking magic.

I think me, Pond and bears (and hopefully others?) need to sort out a rewatch soon.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched that last night, Zagreus. Funny how that happens...great mind, and whatnot, you know? I even found a cheap set on Amazon.co.uk, so I might have to buy it if we were to plan a rewatch...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast