Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're in for a treat my friend.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I watched most of the episodes last year, but not all. Think I missed most of the first one and the last two. But yes, you're right, it was good, from what I remember.

EDIT: Oh, and it's still weird seeing a posh Brit play a redneck sheriff!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol I didn't know he was British until I saw an interview with him on that Talking Dead show. Funny, lol.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I caught him in a comedy/drama called Teachers about ten years back. Well, it's nice to know he's convincing as a yank, and it's not just me or my British ignorance!

- Melike

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Sometimes the way he speaks is a little off for a redneck sheriff from Georgia (my husband is from Georgia and I'm used to his accent) but he doesn't ever sound British, so that part is good at least.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think in general British actors are better at American accents than other British accents. You only need to watch The Prestige for that (yes, I'm still shocked at how awful Bale's mockney accent was)!

And I'm still waiting for the post that says "now watching Doctor Who" from you, Joan!

- Melike

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Amazon has been reminding me to buy it via email. It'll happen eventually. I have some work from home days coming up this winter (I'm sure there will be several due to snowfall) so plan on taking advantage of them by watching Doctor Who and working at the same time.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice! Well, fingers crossed, I should be starting Carnivale soon. I just need to send Brazil back to Lovefilm and I can watch the first disc of the first season. I'm looking forward to it: Heather's been going on at me to watch it for ages! I've been more wary of her recommendations though ever since she didn't enjoy Life on Mars half as much as I did, or since I didn't enjoy Zombie's remake of Halloween half as much as she did!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Started watching the 5th Doctor story The Caves of Androzani yesterday. I love it so far! I'm really excited to keep watching...when I can find a time when the roommates are gone, at least! 2 of them aren't huge fans of Sci-fi, and with the older stories, the graphics/special effects were....not good. Not that I mind, but I really am trying to avoid listening to them critique it horribly. I hate it when that happens.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yeah! There was a funny story I heard on comedian Toby Hadoke's autobiographical story for radio, about how Doctor Who has always been important across his entire life. He said he tried to get a few of his mates from uni interested in it by showing them Androzani. However, when one of them heard the line,

"He could be sent on a deep penetration mission,"

the natural response was, "Did you hear that? He said 'penetration'!" This was, of course, during the dark days when Doctor Who was deemed long dead and something of a joke. So I can definitely relate to that problem of not showing anything from classic Who to your mates in fear of really bad criticism!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Nice! Well, fingers crossed, I should be starting Carnivale soon. I just need to send Brazil back to Lovefilm and I can watch the first disc of the first season. I'm looking forward to it: Heather's been going on at me to watch it for ages! I've been more wary of her recommendations though ever since she didn't enjoy Life on Mars half as much as I did, or since I didn't enjoy Zombie's remake of Halloween half as much as she did!
    Finally!
    And we agree on almost all over tv with that one exception, no? Dead Like Me, Doctor Who, Lost, Torchwood...
    And I did warn you I didn't like shows with cops
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Neither do I, Heather! How many times have I told you this?!

And we have partially disagreed on Torchwood. Specifically, Miracle Day. I'm surprised you've had difficulty with the slow pace of old Who eps, considering how slow the plot of MD went for the first 6 episodes!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Maybe that was a bad example
    But you're the only other person I know that has watched (and loved) Dead Like Me, so you get points just for that!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If it is of any interest to you, I adored Dead Like Me! So you can add me to the (very short) list of fans of awesome tv

I don't know why more people haven't watched it. It's such a great show.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that the show with the grim reaper on the cover blowing bubble gum ?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching: Carnage. In atrocious quality (CamRip), and in Italian, for God's sake! but I couldn't wait any longer...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    Is that the show with the grim reaper on the cover blowing bubble gum ?
    Yes, the one that I keep telling you to watch!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

But you forget Heather: he's too busy catching up on Who atm!

Spoiler:

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching Right Now: this week's ep of Psych. This one is really funny!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hocus Pocus. This is a must-watch every year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched some of British teen soap Hollyoaks on the telly. Jesus Christ, is it always this fucking hilarious? "I've been having an affair...with your dad." Probably not the smartest thing to say down the wedding aisle!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night, one of my roommates actually asked if we could bake cookies and watch some Doctor Who! She's seen a few eps before (Midnight, The Lodger, and Amy's Choice) and I think she is starting to like them....I picked Vincent and the Doctor for last night, given that she is art student. She really liked it! I think I may be in the process of converting a new fan

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    I don't know why more people haven't watched it. It's such a great show.
    Hey I want a hug too! Love Dead Like Me. So sad it's gone...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

watching: Inception.

13 minutes in. If it goes on like this, I am afraid I will have to drop it. So far it has been incredibly boring. I do not lose hope, though, since a lot of people whose opinions matter to me said it was good. I will try another half-hour.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast