Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 160 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Now watching: Cracker - The Mad Woman in the Attic

I've been meaning to watch this for some time. Everything I'd heard about it sounded fantastic: Robbie Coltrane playing a chain-smoking, alcoholic, gambling addict expert psychologist out to catch criminals. Only a few minutes in, but let me tell ya something: there are some films (and yes, I think I'll use this word here, as it really look, sound and feel like a film at times) where you know you're gonna absolutely fucking love it from the very first moment. This is one of those.

"I'd prefer you not to smoke."
    "Tough."
    "It's been scientifically proven that I inhale 20% of what you smoke."
    "You get it for nothing though, don't you?"

Jean, I think I just found our new favourite show!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Three episodes in ... The Playboy Club has been cancelled. Not enough viewers.

I've only caught up on the first episode, but it was VERY good. Such a shame. More cancellations to come soon, I think.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

After 3 eps? Haven't watched it myself, but the rate of cancellations that US network tv makes are ridiculous. They hardly give them the chance to find an audience before quickly pulling the plug.

There are things I do enjoy about UK tv: whilst our series are ridiculously short a lot of the time, in storytelling terms, it really does help. A lot of series over here aren't made one ep at a time, but instead are commissioned at 6 eps in advance if they're a sitcom, sometimes 13 if they're a drama, before transmitting them months later. Jekyll was a fantastic series even at only 6 eps, because it had a story with a clear beginning, middle and ending, something that too few shows have these days, imo. I think Peep Show is one of the best examples of why cancelling series based purely on ratings alone can be a bad thing: I think with practically every series, Peep Show gets ridiculously low ratings, mostly because of the unusual way it's filmed, which is through the eyes of the characters. Literally, you only see what characters in that scene see from their eyes. It's now had seven series made though because, when each series is released on dvd, the dvd sales are always quite high. Strange, I know, but I'm glad it's a method that works: Peep Show is easily one of the best comedies of the past ten years, imo.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know; I could name any number of U.S. shows which deserved to be allowed to develop... but "The Playboy Club" is one that never should have gone on at all, IMO. That's the other side of it -- the good stuff is often not popular, but they do try lots of junk.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, and although we do have a lot of great programmes over here, we also have our fair share of crap. The family sitcom "My Family" springs to mind. The only funny moments of that show were usually with the oldest, dim witted son, and he left a couple of series in anyway, so we pretty much had nothing but crap from that show for about ten years. So glad to hear that the BBC finally pulled the plug on it recently.

I am worried about Who, though. There's been so much stuff in the press about how it's gotten too complicated, how families can't follow it and how it's only getting a pitiful 6 million viewers an ep. They're gonna cancel it any day now!

Spoiler:

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

pathoftheturtle, did you watch any episodes of The Playboy Club? I saw the preview and didn't think it would be decent at all. But, I figured "Hell, I'm only watching 30+ shows at the moment, why not try one more?" lol. The first episode was VERY good.

There's no way I would direct/produce/make a tv show and not have it in the CONTRACT that it gets a certain number of episodes on air. It screws over everybody, most of all the FANS.

"I could name any number of U.S. shows which deserved to be allowed to develop ..." Yeah, FIREFLY, anyone? lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Which they aired in the wrong order, if I heard right Shannon? Although, with that dvd sales were actually taken into account when Universal did the film. Not much, I know, but at least a continuation was made. So although it's rare, it's nice to know that with a few really good US shows at least, some shows are given a 2nd chance.

Now what to replace that current gap with, Shannon...?
    Spoiler:
    Only joking: the show that we both know I'm talking about finished it's 6th/32nd season last Saturday on an epic finale, and season 7/33 doesn't begin until autumn next year. Still, gives you a bit of time to catch up, at least!

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the station (I forget which one at the moment) aired the episodes out of order! Fucking idiots, lol. The movie wasn't half-bad, it summed up some things, and it had some GREAT fight scenes.

What do you mean its 6th/32nd season? They're doing prequel seasons? So confused, lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I mean the 6th season of Who since it's revival in 2005, but it's 32nd overall. The revival is basically the same series, albeit set years after the original, so i prefer to go by the larger number myself, even if the dvd box sets say otherwise!

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol gotcha. I thought you meant they just finished the 6th out of 32nd season. One day one day!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was actually disappointed in The Playboy Club. Not that I was really expecting much from it, but I thought the premiere was pretty bad. That's the only one I watched so I don't know if it got any better. But based off of that I wasn't surprised in the least to hear it got cancelled right away. Although that is one thing that drives me crazy with tv over here, they cancel shows so easily, sometimes after one episode. Which just seems silly, regardless of how many viewers it has, you think they would at least give it a fair shot.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else catch "American Horror Story"? A little corny so far, but I kind of enjoyed it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Downloaded, haven't watched it yet. Tonight. Looking forward to it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I completely forgot that was on. I'll have to see if I can find it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Amber and I just watched American Horror Story. We both liked it a lot. I personally liked how DIFFERENT it was. It wasn't generic, wasn't predictable, was just ... WEIRD. Reminded me a little bit of Twin Peaks. And man oh man was that maid sexy ... lol

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Anyone else catch "American Horror Story"? A little corny so far, but I kind of enjoyed it.
    We DVR'd it and just watched it last night. I liked the experience, the lack of transitioning between scenes, but I don't know if I'll keep watching it.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Pandorica Opens, now on to the Big Bang, with awesome conversation/discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    We DVR'd it and just watched it last night. I liked the experience, the lack of transitioning between scenes, but I don't know if I'll keep watching it.
    They finally put it up on ondemand. Watched it last night, I really enjoyed it. And I agree I loved the way it was shot, definitely added a creepy/uneasy feel to the whole thing.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I thought the way it was shot was the best part about it. It was a very unique experience, very unlike anything that's on tv right now. That being said, I'm not a big fan of horror/ghost stories, which is probably the only reason why I might not keep watching it. I did think it was good though ... more of a personal preference than that I thought it was bad.
    Last edited by Hannah; 10-08-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typos and stuff. that's what you get for letting your four year old "help" you type.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

And I always gravitate towards those types of shows

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Started reading Salem's Lot. Just because of Callahan. (I am absolutely not into vampire stories.)

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was a little underwhelmed by 'Salem's Lot. BUT ... it's a classic. It's a classic and it's a MUST READ King book. And a lot of people like it, so ... Enjoy.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    I was a little underwhelmed by 'Salem's Lot. BUT ... it's a classic. It's a classic and it's a MUST READ King book. And a lot of people like it, so ... Enjoy.
    Yeah, many people recommended it so I am really interested in it by now.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Amber and I just watched American Horror Story. We both liked it a lot. I personally liked how DIFFERENT it was. It wasn't generic, wasn't predictable, was just ... WEIRD. Reminded me a little bit of Twin Peaks. And man oh man was that maid sexy ... lol
    I agree. Totally. It could be really, really good if the rough spots clear up as production goes on.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now watching: YOU
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 160 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast