Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 160 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, I've been considering watching Brazil especially. Btw, if you want something that's occasionally weird and trippy, but in all the right places, I'd think you'd enjoy the UK original version of Life on Mars. I say this mainly because, like me and Jean, you loved Withnail and I, and Life on Mars is a show so wonderfully crafted that Jean absolutely loved it. I think you'd enjoy it, too. Just finished watching the finale again, and it still hasn't lost any of its power. Jean's reaction the first time seeing it was "OMG OMG OMG" (a phrase I'd never thought I'd see Jean use, if I'm honest!). And you know what? Despite having seen it many, many times before, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, like Withnail and I, and around the same, i watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Just had a hard time finding reliable quality streaming links.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Jean's reaction the first time seeing it was "OMG OMG OMG" (a phrase I'd never thought I'd see Jean use, if I'm honest!).
    it is the first, and up to date the only, time in my life that I've used it.

Will post the review in 5 minutes

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Looking forward to reading it, Jean!

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

posted

My Mood
    Yeehaw

and discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    Actually, like Withnail and I, and around the same, i watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Just had a hard time finding reliable quality streaming links.
    Oh, glad you did enjoy it. Well, if you can't find it online, and you see it cheap on dvd, get it, as the series maintains the high quality set in the first episode throughout, i think, and demands repeated viewings.

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Doctor who is on in 2 hours

and guess who has to go out and party **piffle** <-- not happy at all, why could we not have gone out at 8.30pm????? hmmmmmmm

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I hate it when that happens. I was expecting to watch Harry Brown tonight with the parents and grandad, but fortunatly that's been moved to next week, so i don't have to worry about missing the first new ep in months, thankfully.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate it when that happens. I was expecting to watch Harry Brown tonight with the parents and grandad, but fortunatly that's been moved to next week, so i don't have to worry about missing the first new ep in months, thankfully.
    Lucky... I was all excited to watch in an hour, then I looked to my usual source for the streaming link....and they are not posting one. They are just going to put up a download link 30 min. after the episode airs. So I might have a wait a while....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I believe the spanish have a word that: bastardos!!!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Or, alternatively....Los pollos diablos!

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Soo stoked that the good Doctor is back on television, after what feels like an eternity. Also watching Bones, which I've really started to get into. Hoping that this fall there will also be another series of Sherlock Holmes....those first three were magnificent.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm afraid Sherlock - Series 2 won't be appearing on our screens until early next year, according to the BBC. Sorry about that, STG! Bloody Freeman going to work on the Hobbit to delay it! I'm sure it'll be as bloody amazing as the last 3 eps.

Watching Right Now: Dead Man's Shoes, another film by This Is England director Shane Meadows. Really keen to watch it and any others by Meadows. Especially considering how amazing both TIE and TIE'86 were!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: "Welcome to fucking Deadwood!" Finally got myself series 2!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick, I am watching Pontypool - 20 minutes in - it's awesome. I don't know how much of a horror movie it is going to be, but it is a very good film already

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, now that I've finished the book. Seems to be a pretty faithful adaptation so far. It's ridiculous that a remake is already being released this year, barely 2 years after the Swedish adaptation. Still, one reason to look forward to it, at least, is of course David Fincher. Hopefully, it'll be less of a straight forward remake of the film I'm currently watching and more a fresh adaptation of the original work, if that makes sense.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: Ashes to Ashes - Series 1, Episode 1.

Because, no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I've got to watch, I can never stay away from the world of Gene Hunt for too long. Mostly because of the fact that it has Gene Hunt in it!

"Today, my friend...your diary entry will read, "I took a prossy hostage, and was shot by three armed bastards!'"

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

as the Ghost (writer) said to the GPS navigation device, "All right, you win".

Will start looking for Ashes NOW.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Whilst I highly doubt you'll love it as much as Life on Mars, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it a lot more than the remake.

Oh and btw Jean: guess what I'm watching right now?

Spoiler:
    You were supposed to guess!

Spoiler:
    Alright, alright, it's The Bridge on the River Kwai. I'm only up to the part with the the rather memorable whistling, but I can certainly see why you love it so much, based on the rather memorable and natural dialogue alone!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Whilst I highly doubt you'll love it as much as Life on Mars, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it a lot more than the remake.
    the same must be true for any other series ever made. Most everything must fit in between.

Oh and btw Jean: guess what I'm watching right now?
    I guessed!!!

well... I didn't really, because you said in another thread you were going to watch it.

I so hope you'll like it!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The end of Stargate Universe, its a shame it got so much better and then got cancelled
    (still don't like Rush, but I think its more a lack of character development)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's something that'll make Pond happy: currently watching Supernatural, Season 1, Episode 1.

EDIT: just watched the first episode, here's what I like so far.

First of, it lives up to its title, which is the supernatural: for once, it makes it very clear that it's not going to even try to offer a clever, rational scientific explanation because there is no explanation. This is a true monster show, for a better word, one that delves into ghosts, demons, hell, and other nasty shit. At the end of the day, it sets out to be an entertaining horror series, with no attempt at trying to be anything more. So for that much, I'm grateful.

Second of all, it's a nice new spin on it. Well, not new, exactly: the story of two brothers, one following his father's footsteps in the family business while the other tries to make his own life, is a bit of an old one, but in this instance, it's a seriously fucking cool take on it, so I'm grateful for that too.

The dialogue can get a little cliched at times, but not always in a bad way. "I swore I was done hunting!" Now this...this is the kind of dialogue I can not only forgive, but adore. It's the kind of dialogue where the writers actually know what kind of show they're writing - a really geeky show that's going to be watched by geeks who've seen this kind of thing before and also enjoyed this kind of thing before. It's not aiming to be hyper realistic here and instead leaves you wondering, "Seriously: who the fuck in real life would say something like that?!" So again, liking it.

Oh, one more thing: Dean and his cassette collection? Seriously: both beyond fucking awesome, the cassette collection especially!

I'm not quite loving this series yet, but I've gotta say, I don't think it's gonna take much more for me to love it. If it keeps on with the cool dialogue, the awesome soundtrack and increases the horror just a little bit more, then this may become one of my favourite shows. That's a promise!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It does get cheesy, yes. I'm afraid that continues throughout the first few seasons...but I think you nailed it when you said it is completely intentional in most cases.
    As far as an increase in horror goes, there a few eps coming up (on the second disc, I think) that have some pretty nasty things, so hopefully those will help out
    Just be warned...Bugs in an episode you will get to soon. It's so cliched, and not in a good way. But it's the only one of the season that's like it....and soon after that one is Asylum, which is thoroughly creepy and one of my personal favorites!

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah Dodge. Welcome to the great tale of the Winchesters. Supernatural is to me what Dr. Who is to you. It is hands down my favorite television show of all time. Season 1 is full of great episodes with very few weak ones. And the soundtrack is one of the things that makes the show fucking awesome.

Scarecrow, Shadow, and Hell House are my favorite episodes from that season. Glad your on the train and enjoy your stay
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, I've been considerably enjoying it, Pond. I'm also kind of glad that the intentional cheesiness continues throughout the following seasons.

Watching Right Now: Brass Eye: episode 1 - Animals. I'm loving this already and, if it keeps up this level of "WTF?!?"ness, I think i'll prefer it even more than Morris's earlier satire, The Day Today. I never expected to hear the story of an elephant sticking its trunchion up its anus delivered with such seriousness. Or to see celebrities like Britt Ekland and Paul Daniels actually making appeals to get the trunk out of this elephant's anus! Don't these celebrities ever think about what the fuck they're reading?!?

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 160 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast