Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 160 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm about to start rewatching Torchwood Children of Earth so that I can hopefully start the new series soon.
    I adore this series.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I'm about to start rewatching Torchwood Children of Earth so that I can hopefully start the new series soon.
    I adore this series.
    Me too, candy. Much more so than Miracle Day, if I'm honest. Interesting story, just moves too slowly to match the highs of Children of Earth.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not listening...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I'll make it easier for you, Jean: while I enjoy Torchwood: Children of Earth, from a scifi geek point of view, I'm telling you now that it won't have half as much impact for you as Life on Mars had, even if you did enjoy it. Although to be honest, I can say that about a lot of my favourite shows. Life on Mars is just that kind of show that appealed to me through a fairly scifi-ish premise and became my other favourite show of all time because of so much more, as you know. Don't worry, it's gonna be a long while before I recommend you any other show to check out (even Who) - for now, I'm just gonna let the sheer awesomeness of Mars sink in for ya!

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just finished my rewatch of Children of Earth. Forgot just how depressing it was. Now off to find the new series!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished my rewatch of Children of Earth. Forgot just how depressing it was. Now off to find the new series!
    I know! I was watching it the 2nd time, thinking, "Ok, it's not that miserable, and hey, it's still a rollicking good story," before reaching the final ep and thinking, "Hello? Will to live? Can I just ask, will you be back soon?"

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I know! I was watching it the 2nd time, thinking, "Ok, it's not that miserable, and hey, it's still a rollicking good story," before reaching the final ep and thinking, "Hello? Will to live? Can I just ask, will you be back soon?"
    My thoughts exactly!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ok so it was slightly depressing, (I need to get it out of storage and re-watch it) but it has a fab story line and went along at a cracking pace (which as DD said is sadly lacking in miracle day) and they really raised the bar with their acting I thought.

Just wish I could get into Miracle Day more

I'm going to start Miracle Day today!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd react with a "YAY!", but...well, I hope you get some enjoyment out of it, Heather.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

since it would be improper to sacrifice my whole life to watching Life on Mars, I can't start the re-watch right away. So, I'm staring at DD's signature.

I'd react with a "YAY!", but...well, I hope you get some enjoyment out of it, Heather.
    I hope so! At least I have Captain Jack to look forward too

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    since it would be improper to sacrifice my whole life to watching Life on Mars, I can't start the re-watch right away. So, I'm staring at DD's signature.
    I believe there's a word for that, Jean: WIN.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, and Heather: that's kinda the point. He's still kinda one of the main characters of the show, but not nearly as much as he should be. You'll see what I mean.

- Melike

Oh, and Heather: that's kinda the point. He's still kinda one of the main characters of the show, but not nearly as much as he should be. You'll see what I mean.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And I'm someone who prefers him as a secondary character instead of a leader, or at least, as far as Who is concerned! But not in his own show, please!

- Melike

I just watched the first episode, and really enjoyed it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Re-watching Life on Mars: series 2, ep 3.

"He shouldn't be here. He's got PTSD."
    "He's a bloody hero, and you're accusing him of having the clap?"

Have I mentioned how much I love this show, yet?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

well, you might have, in passing, but I wasn't paying much attention. You can do it now.

: installs comfortably, all ears :

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, Jean, i'll be honest with ya. I don't think it's one of the best British shows around, or even one of the best cop shows.

I know it's one of the best shows ever made, and anyone who hasn't seen it yet needs to do so asafp.

Good enough description, Jean?

Oh, btw: currently watching ep 4 of series 2. "Would you stop sniffing that poor woman?"

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Hang in there, Sam. Soon as we can, we'll get you out of here.

"Bring you back home."

Just finished the penultimate episode, now onto the greatest finale to a tv series ever. So glad I got the tissues ready. Even though I've watched it a million times, this still reduces me to tears. "TYLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Shit, this series is over way, way too quickly!

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Criterion Collection fans here? Seems we have a nice amount of film buffs here, and obviously collectors. I have a meager collection of Criterions, i'm looking for the Withnail and I one at the moment, but it's out of print.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    Any Criterion Collection fans here? Seems we have a nice amount of film buffs here, and obviously collectors. I have a meager collection of Criterions, i'm looking for the Withnail and I one at the moment, but it's out of print.
    This makes me sad.

As for your films, I don't think I've seen any, other than The Blob. I think I watched some of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, but I really don't remember much of it: my girlfriend at the time had given me a rum and coke that was basically half rum and half coke. Wasn't long before I was incredibly pissed and queasy, and the "WTF?!?"ness of the film didn't exactly help! I'll keep an eye out for all of them, though! Especially If..., since you recommended it!

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by deadohsky View Post
    This makes me sad.

As for your films, I don't think I've seen any, other than The Blob. I think I watched some of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, but I really don't remember much of it: my girlfriend at the time had given me a rum and coke that was basically half rum and half coke. Wasn't long before I was incredibly pissed and queasy, and the "WTF?!?"ness of the film didn't exactly help! I'll keep an eye out for all of them, though! Especially If..., since you recommended it!

Fear and Loathing is definitely one you need to be somewhat sober to watch lol. There is a lot of weirdness going on. In addition to If..., i'd highly recommend Brazil (fantastically weird film), Naked Lunch (also fantastically weird), Man Bites Dog (very black comedy, a mockumentary about a camera crew following a serial killer around and slowly becoming involved), and Two-Lane Blacktop is a great road film.

The Withnail and I criterion is available through sellers on amazon, i'm just a little hesitant, but as i'd love to have it and any version of that film is not available where i live, i'll probably take the risk.

One thing i enjoy about criterion is it has introduced me to films i wouldn't have otherwise seen (i.e. Brazil, Naked Lunch, Two-Lane Blacktop, etc).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 160 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast