Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 160 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Young Justice. Totally geeking out
    If you love me then love me..

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little OCD about keeping track of what I watch, just wanted to let ya'll in on my "Currently Watching TV Shows" section of my Movie List spreadsheet ... That is section TWELVE in case anyone was curious, lol. I'm a little bit behind on some shows ... Like, for example, I know Alphas episode five just came out and I've only seen the first one so far. But I have everything downloaded, just waiting for some free time, lol.

Alphas: Season 1 - watched 1
    Big Brother: Season 13 - watched 14
    Falling Skies: Season 1 - watched 6
    Fool Us: Season 1 - watched 7
    Hell's Kitchen (US): Season 9 - watched 6
    Jersey Shore: Season 4 - watched 1
    Love Bites: Season 1 - watched 6
    Love In The Wild: Season 1 - watched 6
    MasterChef: Season 2 - watched 11
    Mortal Kombat: Legacy: Season 1 - watched 9 - waiting on final episode to be released
    Pretty Little Liars: Season 2 - watched 5
    Suits: Season 1 - watched 2
    True Blood: Season 4 - watched 7
    Wilfred (UK): Season 1 - watched 1
    Wilfred (US): Season 1 - watched 6

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Shannon, psst - i've just looked Wilfred up, as I had never heard of it, and it's Australian, not UK!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heroes - season 4
    Too bad this series was cancelled; I'd loved to have seen a fifth season.

sk

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Town called eureka (its back yeah)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: french horror Haute Tension, which apparently translates to Switchblade Romance in English! Think that's gonna be the only laugh I'm gonna have for the next 90 minutes though, if this lives up to the hype!

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Double D, that makes perfect sense! I was wondering why I kept thinking their accents were a little non-Englishy! lol. I didn't even know they owned televisions in Australia, lol!

It seems to follow the same story, slightly different, but the basic premise is there ... The same guy plays the dog in both also. But go ahead and start the US version, it's brand new, only a handful of episodes into it, Elijah Wood plays the main character, and it is FUNNY. One of the better comedies on television in a long while.

Oh, and also, High Tension kicks ass! Great movie up until a horrible twist, in which case it becomes one of the best worst movies ever.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Agreed on High Tension. I do think the twist could've worked, but it was so poorly thought out that ruined it for me. Well, only the last 10 minutes or so. The rest of the film I greatly enjoyed.

I really don't watch that much television these days. I have enjoyed Australian comedies before, especially Summer Heights High and Angry Boys, so I might check out the original if ever it gets shown over here on BBC3 or something like that. Maybe the remake if i catch it, but i'm not going to look too hard for it. I'm just incredibly wary of US remakes. Life on Mars was not only one of the best British shows of the past decade, but in my opinion one of the best shows made period, with a wonderfully deep and emotional ending to boot. By contrast, the abc version, whilst being ok at best, not only lacked the depth and psychological complexity of the original, but had a seriously dumb ending. Ever since then, I've been wary of any Americanised versions of British or foreign shows, really. The US version of The Office wasn't so bad, and I enjoyed it at first, but it's gone on for too long, I think.

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't have much TV to watch until next month really. Other than Dr. Who, nothing comes on this month I really need to watch.
    If you love me then love me..

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am still wading through my planner

I am behind on ......

Torchwood
    V
    Falling skies
    Dr Who (series 6 part 1 rewtch)

and tons of films.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently watching: Doctor Who: The Seeds of Doom - Part One.

Rather like a lot of stories from the time, it's basically a steal of a popular horror movie (in this case The Thing from Another World), only with a shit budget and Tom Baker. Naturally, it makes for cracking entertainment! Particularly Tom Baker in the role of the Doctor, and the script that makes the whole thing work. So many great quotes.

"And remember: no touch pod. Could be very dangerous."
    [In the most casual way possible] "Professor, what you have done may result in the destruction of all life on this planet."
    "If you don't destroy that pod before it germinates, it'll destroy everything! Everything, do you understand, even your pension!"

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

sounds like one I would love, James! I wouldn't mind another Tom Baker story, after Talons...have any suggestions? Beyond City of Death, that is...I know that one is fantastic!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Basically, any stories from his first three years of the role (with the exceptions of Robot and Revenge of the Cybermen from his first year). Stories to recommend in particular though are The Ark in Space, Genesis of the Daleks, Pyramids of Mars, The Brain of Morbius, The Hand of Fear, The Deadly Assassin, and The Robots of Death. And yes, there really are that many classic stories from his first 3 years! Weakest may be The Hand of Fear, but it does have the rather moving scene of Sarah Jane Smith leaving the Doctor.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bachelor Pad Season 2 just started, such a great reality show, lol. Every male and female is sexy, emotional, sneaky, and slutty. It's awesome, lol. Oh, and they all have past histories with each other. Love it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Currently watching: Doctor Who: The Seeds of Doom - Part One.

Rather like a lot of stories from the time, it's basically a steal of a popular horror movie (in this case The Thing from Another World), only with a shit budget and Tom Baker. Naturally, it makes for cracking entertainment! Particularly Tom Baker in the role of the Doctor, and the script that makes the whole thing work. So many great quotes.

"And remember: no touch pod. Could be very dangerous."
    [In the most casual way possible] "Professor, what you have done may result in the destruction of all life on this planet."
    "If you don't destroy that pod before it germinates, it'll destroy everything! Everything, do you understand, even your pension!"

Sounds good, I just added it to the top of my list!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I still think you should get round to watching either Withnail & I or better yet Sherlock to watch an adaptation that's actually brilliant, but it's still Doctor Who, so I guess I can't complain!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm about to start rewatching Torchwood Children of Earth so that I can hopefully start the new series soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather... I gathered from DD's post that you haven't seen Withnail?!... I refuse to believe it. It's one of the extremely rare films I'm considering to go and amend my Top Fifty movies for.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Listen to bears, Heather. It's not my favourite film ever for no reason, you know!

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and bears. Have. At last. Got. Life on Mars - the whole of season 1. In English - not in Russian, not in Italian, not in Polish. With English (not French, not Spanish, not Hebrew) subtitles they are going to switch on when necessary. And now. They will. Start with episode 1 and go on... on... and on...

why the fuck is it only 8 episodes?!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

At least the second series is 8 eps more, Jean! And really glad you're still greatly enjoying it, too! Means that, I expect, I'll eventually be having some meaty discussion with you on the psychological and humourous aspects on the show in the Life on Mars thread.

Or maybe just a discussion on why Gene Hunt is one of the best characters ever written for television. That works, too!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

bears look forward to either discussion - or both

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Life on Mars (for about the billionth time): Series 1, Episode 1, before commencing onto Dogtooth later.

I don't think it's even been 6 months since I last watched it, but Jean's relatively newfound adoration of it reminded me of just how fucking amazing it is!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Right Now: Dogtooth. Very strange, I must say. Not quite as strange as, say, the music video for Flash Delirium by MGMT, but still very strange. And funny.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Finished ep 6 of Torchwood, now back to Life on Mars again. Episode 3, beginning with a truly marvellous scene with Ballroom Blitz in the soundtrack.

Ballroom Blitz. Do I really need to say more?

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 160 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast