Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Booo on Scott Pilgrim

I just watched Fantastic Planet and Synecdoche, New York and both are mutli-layered and very intelligent movies.

As for TV I've recently watched both Dexter Season 4 and In Treatment Season 2. With Darabont's The Walking Dead coming on AMC in October, at least I'll have a new show to watch.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Still, Scott Pilgrim's out later this month, so maybe that can finally match TDK's standards!
    I will pretend you never said that. That's like,

Spoiler:
    Twilight>Doctor Who
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Still, Scott Pilgrim's out later this month, so maybe that can finally match TDK's standards!

Spoiler:
    Twilight>Doctor Who
    Except that Twilight's not directed by Edgar Wright. The same director who did:

Spaced
    Shaun of the Dead
    Hot Fuzz

Although if Edgar Wright did direct Twilight, he'd probably actually turn that into something ridiculously awesome, too!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really wasn't a fan of Shaun of the Dead. I just didn't think it was funny.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman Begins. It's funny that I've had this on dvd for a while now, and yet as brilliant as I thought of it as a fantastic Batman adaptation the first time I saw it, I've only watched it a few times on dvd, which is nothing compared to how many times I've watched The Dark Knight. But then, after watching The Dark Knight, it's kinda hard not just for any Batman adaptation to match up, but for any comic book movie at all to match up to it.

i'm in the 'very' small group that prefers Batman Begins, i love the whole - this is how the legend started. gives me goosebumps

now i want to watch it again

Spoiler:
    Twilight>Doctor Who
    harsh ricky harsh

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think The Dark Knight will be toppled as king of the comic book movies for a long time.

Country
    Country Flag

....at least until Batman 3 in 2012.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It won't be as good as TDK, but I'm positive that Batman 3 will cement Nolan's Batman universe as one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I don't think The Dark Knight will be toppled as king of the comic book movies for a long time.
    Very likely not, but from everything I've seen so far of Scott Pilgrim, and being a fan of the first 3 volumes so far, the movie looks like it'll very likely strike the perfect balance between being faithful to the spirit of the comic and what made it work, whilst being an awesome film in its own right. Have I said anywhere that it'll be a better film than the Dark Knight? Absolutely not, even I can't deny that TDK is easily one of the best comic book movies ever, but I do believe that Scott Pilgrim will work incredibly well as both a fan pleaser and a fucking great comedy film. With OTT, video game fight scenes!

I really wasn't a fan of Shaun of the Dead. I just didn't think it was funny.
    ...What? Maybe you didn't find it funny, but you can't deny that it's a fantastic tribute to the George Romero classics! Every classic element of those great zombie movies are there: a group joining together, believing they'll be safe where they are (even if it is in Dawn's case a mall or in Shaun's case, a pub), until the group breaks down and the zombies come in their hundreds anyway. The fact that there was a romantic comedy plot about a man finally learning to grow up was just a bonus, but the real comedy of it came from something of a classic American sub-genre being told in a British setting, where important things to the plot like fighting back with guns is made considerably more difficult for the characters. It's a particular skill of Edgar Wright to always make that kind of story work, but it is one reason why I believe Scott Pilgrim may not be quite as good as Shaun and Spaced: that key element of American genre in England is taken away entirely for Scott Pilgrim, but since the comics are so awesome, it'll still be pretty good, if Edgar Wright applies his rather unique style to it. I still think it's gonna be one of the best comedy films of the year, anyway!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

...What? Maybe you didn't find it funny, but you can't deny that it's a fantastic tribute to the George Romero classics! Every classic element of those great zombie movies are there: a group joining together, believing they'll be safe where they are (even if it is in Dawn's case a mall or in Shaun's case, a pub), until the group breaks down and the zombies come in their hundreds anyway.
    Nope, that's not it. I just thought it was stupid. I didn't find it funny at all. To me, it's just another "spoof" movie in an already beat-to-death genre. I'm not a fan of British humor anyway, so that's a good part of it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Wow. An American who doesn't like Shaun of the Dead. Well that's gotta be a first! It's like hearing from someone that Inception wasn't a complex movie!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently watching: Sherlock - A Study in Pink. Guys out of the UK, you have no idea what you're missing! Not until October, anyway!

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

watching SG1 ( i miss them)

series finale for series 6

Spoiler:
    goodbye Jonas

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching Lost: The Beginning of the End. Heather19 and Ricky, you can thank me later. Actually Ricky, you can thank me now by going onto Netflix and watching Blink. Right now. Or I won't watch anything more of Lost (after season 4, anyway) until you do!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sounds like a fair trade to me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Why is everyone ganging up on me?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Because you ganged up on me for not watching Lost until now! No, let me rephrase that: you ganged up on me for only having watched the first 3 fucking seasons!

One episode, Ricky! That's all we're asking! Why you haven't watched Blink yet to shut us up is beyond me!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch it tomorrow. Then you're gonna shut your face.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fair enough! I'll most likely be watching Lost for the next couple of days, anyway. But if you've still not watched at least Blink by the point I've finished season 4, you do know I'm gonna have to go super saiyan on your ass, right? Because we all know how many times I've mentioned that you should watch Dr Who and how many times you've mentioned I should watch Lost season 4, right?

Spoiler:
    It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll watch it tomorrow. Then you're gonna shut your face.
    You're gonna love it! I promise.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    But...you only have 710 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You're gonna love it! I promise.
    Your track record is pretty good so far, so I trust you.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Spoiler:
    But...you only have 710 posts.
    I know, but can I help it if I have to make a reference to Dragonball Z?

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone watching Rubicon?
    if so, what do you think?

I'm also watching Whale Wars

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Robot Chicken.

I wanted to watch Rubicon but was on vacation....that's James Badge Dale in it, is it not?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching: Dr.Strangelove

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast