Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Oh, and I'm watching The Office right now.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    watching: Macbeth (1948, by Orson Welles)
    And?!?!?! I still haven't seen any of his Shakespeare films.
    Well....... I'll get around to commenting on the 1971 Macbeth sooner or later (when I finish my Cul-de-Sac article, that is), and I think I'll make a comparative review. Welles' is impressive, if you like the theatrical stuff in movies, like, everyone walks about on stilts (metaphorically speaking) and recites their lines... visually good, though, - the theatrical black-and-white kind of good, looking somewhat avant-garde in a movie - but very static.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Excellent! I'll have to watch it soon, and I'll have to check out Polanski's version as well.
    And I look forward to your Cul-de-sac review
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

If you all have the time, Laurence Olivier's Hamlet from 1948 is wondeful. Just ... wonderful.

Now watching ... true crime stuff on Investigation Discovery.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

About to watch Mystic River ... for the first time.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching O Brother, Where Art Thou...this is such a fun, odd movie.
    The best part is the soundtrack

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

OBWAT is a great movie, as is expected of the Coens. Favorite George Clooney performance, hands down.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    If you all have the time, Laurence Olivier's Hamlet from 1948 is wondeful. Just ... wonderful.
    Bears love it, too!

and they adore O Brother, Where Art Thou

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I love Hamlet - 1948. I'm probably biased because I love Laurence Olivier more than life itself, but I definitely recommend that to anyone who's interested in Shakespeare movies. I don't know if I've ever met someone who's seen that before.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now watching some of my guy friends playing Halo...not exactly interesting. I hate shooting games...

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

supernatural series2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which episode are you at, Candy? Season 2 was pretty good....you have some interesting episodes in there.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Finished watching Doctor Who: Series 2 earlier, now taking a break to watch...Torchwood: Series One. Ok, so not much of a break then, considering it is still set in the Whoniverse with a cliffhanger leading into a certain ep in Who, but it's the first time I'm going to watch every ep of TW series 1 since it was on tv. First ep: Everything Changes!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently watching: Him & Her

Kept forgetting about this series, and only now am I bothering to watch it on demand when the final ep's on tonight. Which sucks, because i laughed my arse off from the first line! Knew i should've watched this sooner!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching: The New Earth - Doctor Who, series 2.

I'm a bit further than this in my current viewing process, but that episode took me about two days initially to finish due to interruptions. So I'm watching it again. It makes a bit more sense now, honestly

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not one of my favourite eps, but nice that they began the series in a light hearted manner again, really refreshing after all the drama and darkness and seriousness we had in the series 1 finale!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah. I can see why it wouldn't be your favorite. But it's hardly the worst hour of television I've seen. But it is fun. "They need a shop..."

God, he wanted a shop there...funny.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, it's far from the worst i've ever seen, in fact it's a pretty good light hearted comedy ep, i'm just saying it's pretty low down on my list of favourites when compared to greats like Dalek, the Parting of the Ways, and Human Nature.

Oh, you haven't seen that one yet, have you? Just wait. One of my favourite Doctor Who stories ever, that one!

Also, love the irony in New Earth of the Doctor, of all the people in the universe, not liking hospitals!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, I caught that. And, when in Ward 26, announcing he is the Doctor to the Head Nurse. Not hilarious, but it was a nice little addition.
    I totally understand his aversion, though! They are creepy...and they smell weird. Like a combination of sickness and disinfectant...the latter trying to cover up the former. I don't like it...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For most of the day, I've been watching the rescue of the Chilean miners, switching between Fox News and CNN. Fascinating LIVE drama!

John

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Rise of the Cybermen" - Doctor Who, Series 2, episode 6

Country
    Country Flag

re-watching: Cul-de-Sac

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Impossible Planet" - Doctor Who, Series 2, episode 9

Country
    Country Flag

Watching: 'Tess': From Novel to Screen (2004 documentary); Il était une fois... Tess (2007 documentary)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast