Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And with a soundtrack that awesome, I really don't blame ya in the slightest!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Since the series 5 box set is out in a few weeks, would it surprise you to know that currently I'm working my way through all the series of new Who from the start? Don't worry though guys: you can expect a mega long review of each series from me somewhere on this board in no time!

Just watched series one opener Rose, now onto The End of the World! (There's not many shows out there that has a title as big as that for the second episode and actually lives up to it!)

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And here I was hoping that you'd be embracing The Twilight Zone for a bit longer...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh don't worry Heather, I'll still be watching Twilight Zone from time to time. I just like to watch it one at a time than having mini-marathon sessions like with Doctor Who. Just finished The Unquiet Dead, and that's a lot better than I remembered it. I think it's to do with the fact that I watched it in the middle of the night rather than the brightness of a saturday evening at 7pm in spring: ghosts, zombies, Charles Dickens, all set against the lovely backdrop of a snowy night on xmas eve. Wonderful stuff!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching the series 1 finale of Doctor Who. I must admit that even I thought that was quicker than expected! I had forgotten just how awesome it was!

Now for the mega-long recommendation...

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished with a new episode of Castle, and now on to Family Guy. It's not my favorite but it's better than the news...

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching the Bears-Packers game on MNF. Right now I'm watching Legends & Lyrics-they have Nancy Griffin and Kris Kristofferson, and the guy from Alabama.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Venture Brothers.
    Im re-watching season 2, with the rest of the series on deck after that
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Raw which was entertaining.

Going to watch Raging Bull for the first time soon.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shane.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Traveler jrminvt is on a distinguished road

saturday night live...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watching right now: my new Doctor Who: Revisitations set. Specifically, 50-minute documentary the Seven Year Hitch, covering why it took so long for an American movie of Doctor Who to get made. Before this set was released, I did begin to wonder if it was worth getting a set of three stories on dvd that I owned already, just with brand new bonus features. Well, judging by the first extra: if half of the new features are as exhaustive and fascinating as this little documentary, then it's worth every penny!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Right now: The Empty Child - Episode 9, Series 1 of Doctor Who. Great stuff

So the new DVDs finally came out, DD? Awesome

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yes, and judging the special features so far, it was totally worth getting! Especially the tv movie: it's very far from being a classic, but it's interesting to judge it retrospectively as the only proper Doctor Who story on tv during the 16 years where no series was made. Too sad that I grew up as a fan of Who during that time, really!

And the Empty Child is a classic. Moffat's first story for Doctor Who. Ended up being amongst the top 10 stories in a poll of how fans ranked every one of the 200 stories ever made last year! (With number 4 being Talons of Weng-Chiang and number 1 The Caves of Androzani, the other two stories in the set and shows just why every fan would want a nice extra special edition of each!)

Also, first ever appearance of Captain Jack Harkness! Brilliant!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I'm on to "The Doctor Dances". This is quite a good episode set But, gods..those kids are creepy....it's easy to see why these ones ranked so high!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know! It's wonderfully creepy stuff! Especially in Empty Child when you saw Doctor Constantine's
    Spoiler:
    face turns into a gas mask! That was pretty fucked up how it was done, for a family show at least! Especially how the mouthpiece came up through the mouth! Makes me feel sick just thinking about it!

But I also love the story because of how hysterical it is. Especially when Jack asks what the Doctor has when surrounded by gas mask zombies! Funniest moment in Who ever!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The mouth thing didn't creep me out so much....it was the eyes that morphed that grossed me out the most!

That was hilarious, yes! And don't forget his apparent obsession with bananas
    And going with this series in particular, I've wanted to bring up, in The Unquiet Dead, when
    Spoiler:
    Charles Dickens walks in and exclaims "What the Shakespeare is going on in here?" That cracked me up!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am watching The Electric Company on PBS.kids. After this I will probably be forced to watch another Disney movie. I HATE HAVING KIDS! I never get to watch grown-up TV anymore!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    The mouth thing didn't creep me out so much....it was the eyes that morphed that grossed me out the most!

That was hilarious, yes! And don't forget his apparent obsession with bananas
    And going with this series in particular, I've wanted to bring up, in The Unquiet Dead, when
    Spoiler:
    Charles Dickens walks in and exclaims "What the Shakespeare is going on in here?" That cracked me up!
    Oh that is great stuff! So many great episodes from the first series, and the fact something like the Unquiet Dead isn't among the best of the series shows just how good the best of Who really is!

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I am watching The Electric Company on PBS.kids. After this I will probably be forced to watch another Disney movie. I HATE HAVING KIDS! I never get to watch grown-up TV anymore!
    Hmmm, sounds like you have a conundrum, pixie. If only there was an incredibly awesome show out there that could appeal to both kids with monsters and adults with great plots. I'm racking my brains for a show like that, but nope, can't think of any!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Right now: The Empty Child - Episode 9, Series 1 of Doctor Who. Great stuff
    Love that one. One of my favorites from the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Also, first ever appearance of Captain Jack Harkness! Brilliant!
    Yes! Easily one of my favorite characters

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

watching: Macbeth (1948, by Orson Welles)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching: The Seventh Continent (Haneke)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    watching: Macbeth (1948, by Orson Welles)
    And?!?!?! I still haven't seen any of his Shakespeare films.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How I Met Your Mother

I actually never watched it until about a week ago...but I like it. It's pretty funny. Plus...how can you go wrong with Neil Patrick Harris?

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    Venture Brothers.
    Im re-watching season 2, with the rest of the series on deck after that
    YES!

Venture Bros. rules
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast