Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you guys rank those types of movies? Speaking here mostly about British films of course, of which I've seen 3 big ones. This is England, Withnail & I, and Quadrophenia. I feel like I'm missing out on something...because Quadrophenia is easily 3rd on that list. I'm just not as big of a fan of it...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Da-yamn. Really difficult to say. Withnail & I would come out on top, but barely. Quadrophenia I'd probably place 2nd. For me, it was kinda like watching The Godfather for the first time - after hearing so much hype about it, (I don't know about the rest of England, but with everyone I know, especially every single one of my family, it's a film you just have to watch), you expect to be disappointed by it, when it actually does the opposite and exceeds your expectations. This Is England is just about 3rd place, and you know how much I love everything about This Is England, including the tv series. But yeah, Quadrophenia just about beats it - that last half hour as Jimmy's life just keeps on crashing down is absolutely powerful to watch.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I may need to rewatch it, then. There certainly does seem to be appeal. But maybe I didn't watch it in the right setting, or something? Who knows? Because I would love to love it as much as, say This is England.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe. It may be one of those films that simply doesn't have as much appeal for you as W&I and TIE, but if ever you do find the time to re-watch it and your thoughts have changed, I'd love to hear more on 'em.

As for my original thoughts on what I loved about it when I first watched it, here's a review from a couple of years back: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post541170

Re-reading this though, I think I need to do another review for it, as there's a lot that I missed even the first time, particularly how truly clear and unambiguous the ending really is upon rewatch.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: Wall Street.

- Melike

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Community!!!! That's one of my all-time favorite shows that nobody knows about
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I don't always LOL watching "Community," but when I do, I LMAO!
    It's so good. I'm on season 2, I heard though that Dan Harmon is not involved in season 4...which is ridiculous! Is that out over there yet...is it the same?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In regards to season 4, we've had 2 episodes air already and it's good. Not amazing, but good...you can tell that Harmon is no longer with it. I watch and just keep thinking "Dan Harmon wouldn't have liked that joke. Harmon would have edited this differently" and stuff along those lines. It just has a different feel about it. And while it is still funny, I don't actually laugh nearly as much. Most things merely elicit a chuckle. But since it as been almost a year since season 3 aired, at least it's better than no Community! (is what I keep telling myself...)

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WRN: "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" I find myself holding my breath during this movie many times for many reasons.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    As for my original thoughts on what I loved about it when I first watched it, here's a review from a couple of years back: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post541170
    Do! I want to re-watch it, and I need a pretext.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching: Twin Peaks. This has been on my list for a while now, and I have a few free hours...so far, so good.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember adoring it. A long, long time ago...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first season online a year or two ago and really didn't have any interest to continue past that point. I was kind of underwhelmed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

O.o Not hooked by the 1st season of "Twin Peaks"...? o.O

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched the first season online a year or two ago and really didn't have any interest to continue past that point. I was kind of underwhelmed.
    oh, now I might be, too. But it was twenty years ago... right after the Communism collapsed... it was so - I don't know - extraordinary! I really really loved it at that time

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In regards to season 4, we've had 2 episodes air already and it's good. Not amazing, but good...you can tell that Harmon is no longer with it. I watch and just keep thinking "Dan Harmon wouldn't have liked that joke. Harmon would have edited this differently" and stuff along those lines. It just has a different feel about it. And while it is still funny, I don't actually laugh nearly as much. Most things merely elicit a chuckle. But since it as been almost a year since season 3 aired, at least it's better than no Community! (is what I keep telling myself...)
    I thought that might be the case I might actually just watch season 3 and leave it at that. As you and Mike have both said, it's proper laugh out loud writing, even my eldest came home the other night (as I was watching it) and said, "You never laugh at tv like that!"

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    oh, now I might be, too. But it was twenty years ago... right after the Communism collapsed... it was so - I don't know - extraordinary! I really really loved it at that time

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to watch Twin Peaks soon, it's been on my to-do list forever.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought that might be the case I might actually just watch season 3 and leave it at that. As you and Mike have both said, it's proper laugh out loud writing, even my eldest came home the other night (as I was watching it) and said, "You never laugh at tv like that!"
    If it were me, just get to the end of season 3 and decide from there. It all depends on if you think that ending is a good ending. Because what we have now is still better than most shows. It's just...not up to par with the first 3 seasons.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched the blanket fort ep...I kinda just want to blanket fort the entire house!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I need to watch Twin Peaks soon, it's been on my to-do list forever.
    Do it!
    I love Twin Peaks.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Finished latest ep of Black Mirror. Anyone not watching this is seriously missing out: one of the darkest, disturbing and twisted satires/anthologies I've watched for quite a while. For the longest time, I thought tonight's ep was going to turn out to be weak, then it ended and I thought it was brilliant. I think tonight's ep is definitely going to get better on rewatch. Only one more to go, unfortunately. Might be time I rewatch series 1 again, I think.

- Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got Black Mirror on my list once I finish Community. I haven't seen either of them, but they're both on 4oD I think.

Last ep of Utopia tonight!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Damn, missed the last 2 eps, first due to studying, 2nd because I was catching up on everything else. Might watch the rest of the series when it's out on dvd, possibly. Right now, need to catch up more on A Clash of Kings in time for the blu ray release of Game of Thrones: Season 2 in a couple of weeks.

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Following

The Americans
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: El secreto de sus ojos (The Secret in their eyes)

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast