Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I have no idea what is going on ITT.

Also, got to episode 5 of Firefly last night. Damn good.
    Awesome, Fernando! The sooner you get done with Firefly, the sooner you can get back to Who!

Spoiler:
    Well, I wish, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm pretty sure from Upstairs, Downstairs. That's a show, right?

-Googling-

Yep, I thought so.
    never heard of it. Oh well

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I have no idea what is going on ITT.

Also, got to episode 5 of Firefly last night. Damn good.
    Awesome, Fernando! The sooner you get done with Firefly, the sooner you can get back to Who!

Spoiler:
    Well, I wish, anyway.
    I mean to dude, I mean to! It's just way too easy for me to get sidetracked :/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, I definitely know what you mean there. It's like me trying to catch up on and balance out Breaking Bad, The Wire, and A Song of Ice and Fire while mixing in with the occasional amount of, oh, I don't know, maybe studying.

- Melike

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Watching Merlin.
    Spoiler:
    Lancelot's back, aww shit!
    Also, Trailer Park Boys. I've seen every episode at least ten times. Just watched the episode with Rush last night. Incredible. That's one show that still holds up.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI if you or someone you know is watching Dexter for the first time, don't google "Dexter Rita" to find the name of the actress unless you want to see what I can only assume was one serious spoiler. Fuck.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Better set a bookmark straight to IMDB search for stuff like that.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, I'm usually super careful about that stuff too. Oh well. On a related note, Dexter is amazing. I'm halfway through season 3 and found myself getting just slightly bored with the last 2 episodes, but over all I'm hooked.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    FYI if you or someone you know is watching Dexter for the first time, don't google "Dexter Rita" to find the name of the actress unless you want to see what I can only assume was one serious spoiler. Fuck.
    Or was it?! DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Ugh, I'm usually super careful about that stuff too. Oh well. On a related note, Dexter is amazing. I'm halfway through season 3 and found myself getting just slightly bored with the last 2 episodes, but over all I'm hooked.
    Season 3 is one of my least favorite seasons (that and season 5). Glad you're liking it overall, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

John F. Kennedy greenhorn1 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Yes! Season 4 of Justified started last night. Anyone else watch this show? I just now realized that Raylan acts quite a bit like a gunslinger in the show. Anyway, it's one of the few shows I watch and I'm glad it's back.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I only saw a little of a couple, but I immediately realized that Raylan acts quite a bit like a gunslinger in the show, lol.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Just watched Downton Abbey on PBS... yes, I'm one of about five people who didn't download it while it aired on BBC.

Spoiler:
    Mrs. Hughes is going to die. No way they're just going to let her recover like Mrs. Patmore, it would be too predictable. I wish Matthew would just take the fucking money. Nobody's impressed with your nonsense, Matthew. Also... did Bates do it?! I think he might have. Poor Anna.

I don't see why everyone's so pissy about Edith marrying Sir Anthony. Don't aristocrats marry their daughters off to old people for money all the time? Like they said, they let Sybil marry a butler but some guy who's a little older is for some reason ridiculous. Wtf.

I also hate how they air spoilers for next week as teasers. Those weren't teasers if we know what's going to happen.
    I'll join you in the thread once I catch the new ep!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Nah, I think it's supposed to be Lark Rise to Upstairs then Downstairs in Downton Abbey, Cranford.
    You just reminded me how much I miss Lark Rise. Also I think I still need to watch the last two eps And I need to check out Upstairs, Downstairs. It's been on my list forever.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: Dredd. Again. I just adore this movie. Just watched the "Choke on that!" sequence! Still simultaneously painful and twistedly hysterical to watch!

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I only watched the first 5-10 minutes of that movie (because we had technical difficulties) but I felt like it was the exact same movie as The Watchmen. Does it go in a different direction later?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a completely different movie.

I'd elaborate, but I'm sure James will do a much better job of it in about 3, 2, 1 ...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I only watched the first 5-10 minutes of that movie (because we had technical difficulties) but I felt like it was the exact same movie as The Watchmen. Does it go in a different direction later?
    Completely. There's really no comparison other than the violence (and even there, I'd say Dredd exceeds the level of violence that was in Watchmen, albeit barely). Whereas Watchmen was about being a mature look at superheroes in the real world, Dredd's a more typical fascist cop in a future that has really cool guns for those fascist cops. It's also a lot more focused on telling a straight up sci-fi action movie with, honestly, not that much plot to it. But I love the characters of Dredd and rookie Judge Anderson, and the film is worth watching for the cinematography alone. It's also one of the few films which has slow-motion but completely avoids making it suck.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Told you

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey, a comparison to Watchmen is better than a comparison to the Schneider movie, at least!

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys crack me up.

Well the thing is, it starts out with a monologue in a raspy voice over the images of a dystopian future, the guy doesn't show his face, and they talk about a group of people with immense resources who fight crime. Can you see where I'm coming from, at least?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Haha, I guess so. But yeah, the Judges in Dredd are definitely not super-heroes, no matter how badass their gear is. But yeah, story wise, they really are completely different in a lot of aspects.

WRN: Utopia, a new conspiracy drama. It's looking pretty, erm, different so far. Think I like it.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watchmen is a deconstruction of the entire comic book - super hero genre. Moore's intentions were for the viewer to ponder 'Would I really want someone like Comedian or Rorschach - two unstable individuals prone to paroxysms of rage - policing the streets? Or a demi god who believes that there is little difference between a living body and a rotting corpse because they both contain virtually the same amount of particles?'

Dredd is more of a commentary on the dangers of a state in which the governing body has assumed complete control. In this case the avatars of that system are the Judges, able to place a sentence and carry it out on the spot (usually in the form of a bullet to the head) and the kinds of conflicts that arise because of it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Perfectly stated with both (and so glad that I'm not the only one who appreciates the subtle themes in Dredd. They're not the main focus of the film, but I did like how they were there - the "meat grinder" speech especially is a great bit of dialogue that makes you think a lot more about all the violence the film presents).

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'll give it another shot.

On another note, the only part of Dredd's face you can see reminds me of Grumpy Cat.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe I'll give it another shot.

On another note, the only part of Dredd's face you can see reminds me of Grumpy Cat.
    Don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Spoiler:

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Now THAT is a movie I'd watch.

Edit: Here's another:
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast