Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I can definitely appreciate the influence (Monty Python) had on many of my favourite shows, at least.
    Exactly -- remembered for being so creative. I thought that was what you were getting at, sort of: out of our comfort zones, expanded horizons... all of that jazz.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a movie, but...

I'm watching the 1990 Treasure Island with Christian Bale, Christopher Lee and Charlton Heston. I love it just about until they get to the island, and then I lose all interest. However, it does have young Jeor Mormont and Grand Maester Pycelle from Game of Thrones, plus Bale and Lee, so that is awesome.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I fell asleep before the premiere on Monday (at 9:30. Lame, I know) so still haven't seen it. Hopefully tonight, though!
    Just watched it. Very good. I can't wait until Monday.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I still have the first ep sitting on my dvr waiting to be watched. I'll have to watch it tonight when I get home before the new episode.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I ended up watching the first three eps of Parks and Recreation the other day, as I finally put BBC iplayer on my phone. I can't figure out if I like them or if they irritate me...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I found that Parks and Rec got notably better after the first season. Stick with it...if you are even tempted to keep watching, please do! Or, if anything, skip to season 2. I didn't like it at first, but it does get really funny.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I can't figure out if I like them or if they irritate me...
    So the plan worked.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just got caught up on the first two episodes of Bates Motel. I'm liking it

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How was the second episode? I haven't gotten to it yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

It was really good. I actually had no idea Vera was in it, so that was a nice surprise. And Freddie is really good as Norman. He's a little odd and creepy. Oh and the guy that plays the cop will be playing Barbie in Under the Dome.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

After the confirmation that there's gonna be no sequel, re-watching Dredd again. To remind me of the awesomeness I do have on film, at least. Be catching up on 2000AD afterwards to remind me of the huge amount of awesomeness I can look forward to in the comics, at least.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if this has been talked about before but I've been watching Revolution and I've noticed several references to SK's The Stand throughout the series. Some rather obvious and others more subtle.

1. Miles sarcastically says, "I'm Stu Redman and this is Frannie."
    2. Early on a mysterious character is revealed only as 'Randall.' Later it's Randall Flynn.
    3. There's an episode called, 'The Stand.'

There are other King references too like mentioning taking A Long Walk. Characters names like Charlie [McGee] and Danny [Torrance]. Miles said, "Let's Shawshank our way out of here." Obviously, the writers/creators are major King fans.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

IIRC the producers of the show officially cited The Stand as a heavy inspiration for Revolution. I wish I had the article handy.

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone watch last night? Miles & Co. stopped in a new town and the library had a whole section of Stephen King novels. There was even a sign.

I saw DTVI and The Stand, but no other specific ones.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Apologies to Fernando, but...

WRN: Pusher (UK remake)

Couldn't resist a film that's got the underrated Richard Coyle in a leading role. Will get round to watching the original trilogy.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I am watching Chopped...and am getting very hungry

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Apologies to Fernando, but...

WRN: Pusher (UK remake)

Couldn't resist a film that's got the underrated Richard Coyle in a leading role. Will get round to watching the original trilogy.
    I wish you knew how disappointed I am with you right now.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Having watched the film, probably as disappointed as I was with Coyle. He can definitely do better.

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Late to the game, but started watching The Walking Dead on Netflix. I'm through episode 5.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Late to the game, but started watching The Walking Dead on Netflix. I'm through episode 5.
    Just in case you were tempted - don't read the TWD thread.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Just in case you were tempted - don't read the TWD thread.
    Thanks, I hate spoilers

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It was really good. I actually had no idea Vera was in it, so that was a nice surprise. And Freddie is really good as Norman. He's a little odd and creepy. Oh and the guy that plays the cop will be playing Barbie in Under the Dome.
    I really liked the first two episodes. I was a little bummed that the show was taking place in the present day, but it's growing on me. The cast is very strong. I've loved Vera Farmiga since she was on a short lived USA show called Touching Evil with Jeffrey Donovan. Also, I'm loving Nestor Carbonell as the cop. I loved him on Lost. I thought he was always one of the more underrated characters on that show.

Should be interesting to see where they take it from here.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Did anyone watch last night? Miles & Co. stopped in a new town and the library had a whole section of Stephen King novels. There was even a sign.

I saw DTVI and The Stand, but no other specific ones.

"Enjoy this one, it's about the end of the world."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love all the King references in Revolution. Now they're heading towards "the tower".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast