Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Watching right now: Almost Famous. Love that film!
    It's one of my favorites!!!!!!

Do you have the extended version?!??? That is super awesome!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, i'm just watching it on tv right now! My sister introduced me to it ages ago and, along with Withnail and I and 500 Days of Summer, it's one of those rare films that both me and her agree on being brilliant!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Gay

No, i'm just watching it on tv right now! My sister introduced me to it ages ago and, along with Withnail and I and 500 Days of Summer, it's one of those rare films that both me and her agree on being brilliant!
    Dude. Go Get The Director's Cut Version. NOW !! It's awesome. Not to mention that the director's commentary is priceless.

The extended version has more stuff about Penny Lane, and the story is just ... if you can imagine, even better!!

Sincerely. It's worth the money to buy the extended version on DVD, even if you have the original.

I wrote a review of the Director's Cut on Amazon. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Almost-Famous-Directors-Two-Disc-Special/dp/B00005OM4Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1280706970&sr=8-2]Check It Out[/ame]. It's the first review of the set.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Dude. Go Get The Director's Cut Version. NOW !! It's awesome. Not to mention that the director's commentary is priceless.

The extended version has more stuff about Penny Lane, and the story is just ... if you can imagine, even better!!

Sincerely. It's worth the money to buy the extended version on DVD, even if you have the original.

I wrote a review of the Director's Cut on Amazon. Check It Out. It's the first review of the set.
    Shit, Pam. Just when it seems my respect of you as a fellow film lover couldn't get any higher, you show me a fantastic review that makes me want to get the Director's Cut immediately. And trust me, normally I would get myself a copy right after I read a review like that! (Also, it helps to know that you've got great taste and you prefer the original version of the Office, so I always trust your opinion! )

It's just such a shame I just spent a shitload of money on getting another Doctor Who collector's edition set! Ah well. Next week, when I get some money, I'm gonna look up online and get it.

It seems that every film I've seen with Zooey Deschanel in it, whether she's the lead or just a background character, it's usually fucking awesome. Have you seen 500 Days of Summer, Pam? That's what made me take notice of her in the first place, really.

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks very much, DD.

Oh, and yeah - I love Zooey.

Anita Miller: FECK YOU!
    Elaine Miller: HEY!
    Anita Miller: This is a house of lies!
    Elaine Miller: Well there it is, your sister used the "F" word.
    Young William: I think she said "feck."
    Elaine Miller: What's the difference?
    Young William: The letter "u."

Ever seen Eulogy w/ Zooey? The movie is pretty bad, but she's awesome in it ( no surprise there ).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Thanks very much, DD.

Oh, and yeah - I love Zooey.

Anita Miller: FECK YOU!
    Elaine Miller: HEY!
    Anita Miller: This is a house of lies!
    Elaine Miller: Well there it is, your sister used the "F" word.
    Young William: I think she said "feck."
    Elaine Miller: What's the difference?
    Young William: The letter "u."

Ever seen Eulogy w/ Zooey? The movie is pretty bad, but she's awesome in it ( no surprise there ).
    No, but i wanna check it out now just because she's in it! Also, I'm definitely with ya on the loving her part! Great actress, great singer and gorgeous: what's not to love?

Oh, and slightly off topic, but since you do have such fantastic taste: have you ever seen Spaced? Because that's easily one of my favourite British sitcoms (I could say "Britcom", but it just sounds too tacky to me) ever. I'm just asking because I think you've got a good enough sense of humour to enjoy it. Even it if it is fuckall like the Office!

- Melike

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At the moment - nothing.
    But I'm waiting for my seventh Dark Shadows DVD collection.
    Fun series!

sk

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching another Dr Who episode, The Brink of Disaster. Love the really early eps: cheap, slow, but fantastic characters!

And I've never watched Dark Shadows frik, mainly because I don't think any channel shows it over here, but I do know of the Big Finish audio series, and their standard is usually of a high quality, so I might have to find a way to check the tv series out sometime. With all the old scifi and horror series I've enjoyed before, it does sound my cup of tea.

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's one that I've been meaning to get into as well. I've only caught a random episode here and there. I heard rumors that Tim Burton's working on a film version.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Trouble is, I'd have to import it: no region 2 release dvd available yet. Still, if Tim Burton is working on a film version, I could just wait a long while: there's always the possibility that to cash on a film release, there'd finally be a market for a UK release!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I'm not sure how true the rumors are. I haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Currently watching, some episode of Spaced

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Currently watching, some episode of Spaced
    It's times like this I so wish this site had a "Like" button like on Facebook!

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Shadows was a great little show. I love it. I wish I had the whole series on dvd.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching Scream Queens on vh1. It's kind of...bad. Kind of like trainwreck, but I can't look away.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I'm watching Fanboys...a hilarious movie! I grew up watching Star Wars, so I get all the jokes - I am most definitely the target audience for that movie

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trouble is, I'd have to import it: no region 2 release dvd available yet.
    I doubt there ever will be. But, living in The Netherlands, I'm in the same boat you are but I've been ordering the DS sets for awhile now. The dollar isn't worth that much these days, so a complete set, including s/h, is affordable (strictly speaking for myself).
    I'd say, go for it!!

Of course, you do need a region-free DVD-player....But also those are very affordable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Dark Shadows was a great little show. I love it. I wish I had the whole series on dvd.
    You do know it's out there, don't you??

sk

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just about to watch one of the episodes from season 1 of "Bones" during lunch break

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Trouble is, I'd have to import it: no region 2 release dvd available yet.
    I doubt there ever will be. But, living in The Netherlands, I'm in the same boat you are but I've been ordering the DS sets for awhile now. The dollar isn't worth that much these days, so a complete set, including s/h, is affordable (strictly speaking for myself).
    I'd say, go for it!!

Of course, you do need a region-free DVD-player....But also those are very affordable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You do know it's out there, don't you??

sk
    Yes, unfortunately there is much more out there that I want than I have $s to pay for. At some point I may pick it up.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

OT but a hint for region free ... I use my laptop for watching UK DVDs and my PS3 for the US one's. That way - it doesn't cost me anything extra. My laptop software ( can't recall right now - I'm at work so can't check, sorry ) allows you to change the region up to three times. So I can switch back and forth a couple of times, but never have.

Doctor Who - Season 5 ep 12 The Pandorica Opens

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Doctor Who - Season 5 ep 12 The Pandorica Opens
    DoctorDodge likes this.

- Melike

Now watching: Doctor Who - Season 5 ep 13

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Regarding the awesomeness of that finale Heather, I expect a PM pretty soon!

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

death of the universe. (its very good and most informative - better than the bermuda triangle mystery that was on before it)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Batman Begins. It's funny that I've had this on dvd for a while now, and yet as brilliant as I thought of it as a fantastic Batman adaptation the first time I saw it, I've only watched it a few times on dvd, which is nothing compared to how many times I've watched The Dark Knight. But then, after watching The Dark Knight, it's kinda hard not just for any Batman adaptation to match up, but for any comic book movie at all to match up to it.

Still, Scott Pilgrim's out later this month, so maybe that can finally match TDK's standards!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast