Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • George Cukor

2 11.76%
  • Carl Theodor Dreyer, Jr.

0 0%
  • Frank Capra

9 52.94%
  • Orson Welles

6 35.29%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group K

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group K

George Cukor's IMDB Page

Notable films: My Fair Lady, A Star is Born, The Philadelphia Story, The Women, Gaslight

Carl Theodor Dreyer Jr's IMDB Page

Notable films: The Passion of Joan of Arc, Ordet, Day of Wrath, Gertrud

Frank Capra's IMDB Page

Notable films: It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It Happened One Night, Arsenic and Old Lace

Orson Welles IMDB Page

Notable Films: Citizen Kane, Touch of Evil, Mr. Arkadin, Othello, The Magnificent Ambersons
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Capra
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A tight race between Capra and Welles for me, but ultimately I went with the latter.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Capra
    Capra, what? I can see only one vote for Capra, and it is mine.

feve... this one was cruel... but Capra was my nominee, so I had to sacrifice Cukor and Welles...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Simple...I typed Capra before Heather even had a chance to put the poll up.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh, good

now I do see two votes

hope they'll multiply

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Orson Welles. He has created some of the most amazing scenes I have ever seen
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Capra
    This one was easy for me.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted so bad to vote for Cukor... very sad that he still has 0... this contest not as fun as I expected.

Orson Welles

Country
    Country Flag

yes, and now, with all them Capra and Welles, Cukor is at 0 votes

gr
    gr
    grrrrrrrr..............

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Capra or Welles Wow, that's a REALLY hard pick.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Capra
    This one was easy for me.

Welles is great, but this waseasy for me too.

If you rescue me

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, this was NOT easy.

Went with Cukor because of Philadelphia Story and Gaslight. If you haven't seen both, then you should before you vote for someone else.

Also ... if you think you know Cukor's films ... click his IMDB page before you vote ... it's nothing short of amazing.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

right... It was an excruciating bracket, feverish. Very, very mean of you...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, this was NOT easy.

Went with Cukor because of Philadelphia Story and Gaslight. If you haven't seen both, then you should before you vote for someone else.

Also ... if you think you know Cukor's films ... click his IMDB page before you vote ... it's nothing short of amazing.
    I know, I know... ...but, come on: Orson Welles.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, this was NOT easy.

I know, I know... ...but, come on: Orson Welles.
    Oh, I do love Orson Welles. Sincerely. He's amazing. However, given a choice between sitting through Orson's catalog and sitting through Cukor's ... I'd rather sit through all of Cukor's.

They're both incredibly talented, but Cukor has the humor that I think is mostly missing in all of Welles' work.

( and for those Welles fans ... you better have seen The Magnificent Ambersons!! )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Capra
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank Capra and Orson Welles advance !

Country
    Country Flag

... while Cukor is left behind......

+ Reply to Thread