Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round ?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sergio Leone

6 30.00%
  • Cecil B. Demille

0 0%
  • Alfred Hitchcock

13 65.00%
  • Lars Von Trier

1 5.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group J

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group J

Sergio Leone's IMDB Page

Notable films : A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, Once Upon A Time in the West, Once Upon A Time in America

Cecil B. Demille's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, Sign of the Cross, The Greatest Show on Earth

Alfred Hitchcock's IMDB Page

Notable films : Vertigo, Psycho, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Rebecca

Lars Von Trier's IMDB Page

Notable films : Europa, Dancer in the Dark, Antichrist, Dogville, The Kingdom

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hitchcock, of course!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

hitch
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whether I like his films or not, I cannot deny that Hitchcock has had a profound effet on the film industry. Hitchcock get my vote.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I respect Hitchcock as a true auteur of the medium, and what his films mean to cinema ... but Leone's films mean so much more to me, and he is both highly-influential and legendary in his own right. My vote goes to Leone.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hitchcock!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so far, so good

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I know Hitchcock is a legendary director, a classic. I shamefully have seen only a couple of works of him, because Heather had recommended them. Of course, I loved all.

But... Lars Von Trier is an older in my experiece in movieland. He is the classic of my life.

Dogville, Manderlay and Antichrist are my favorites of his precious works. I believe he is one bold director who has an extraordinary ability about telling his stories in a marginal way from different perspectives. He makes you think, feel anger and passion at the same time till you feel like your head is going to blow up because of the fired up and fighting ideas.

Maybe I will be the only one who voted for Lars Von Trier. *sigh*
    At least I try.

Country
    Country Flag

Melike, while I might vote for Trier against Spielberg or Lukas, I can't vote for him against Hitchcock.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Melike - shamefully I have never seen any of Von Trier's work, although I suspect that will change by the time this tournament is over (one of the many reasons I love hosting these things ).

Where would you recommend I start ?

Country
    Country Flag

Dogville

(yes, before someone asks, I know that I am not Melike.)

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Melike - shamefully I have never seen any of Von Trier's work, although I suspect that will change by the time this tournament is over (one of the many reasons I love hosting these things ).

Where would you recommend I start ?
    Jean is right Shizzie. Definitely Dogville. And then Manderlay.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I respect Hitchcock as a true auteur of the medium, and what his films mean to cinema ... but Leone's films mean so much more to me, and he is both highly-influential and legendary in his own right. My vote goes to Leone.
    My thoughts exactly, feev!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    I know Hitchcock is a legendary director, a classic. I shamefully have seen only a couple of works of him, because Heather had recommended them. Of course, I loved all.

But... Lars Von Trier is an older in my experiece in movieland. He is the classic of my life.

Dogville, Manderlay and Antichrist are my favorites of his precious works. I believe he is one bold director who has an extraordinary ability about telling his stories in a marginal way from different perspectives. He makes you think, feel anger and passion at the same time till you feel like your head is going to blow up because of the fired up and fighting ideas.

At least I try.
    You should go watch EVERY Hitchcock movie. I'll change your vote for you when you're done. :couple;

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    My thoughts exactly, feev!
    And not to mention how important his films are/were to the creating of the Dark Tower seres !

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hitchcock.

He also happens to be my favorite to win the whole thing.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hitchcock.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post

At least I try.
    You should go watch EVERY Hitchcock movie. I'll change your vote for you when you're done. :couple;
    Well then, per Lars Von Trier movie you watch, I am going to see two Hitchcock films. Ok?

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, I suggest you get on with it. I want Melikey to watch as much Hitchcock as possible. I already made up a list in the Hitchcock thread.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, then I suppose I need a list Of Lars Von trier films. I mean of which I must watch most.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

another excuse for procrastination, eh? have you already watched Dogville?

(can't outcheat a cheater, brice...)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I wouldn't have been able to see any between asking which I should watch first and receiving an answer due to the fact that all we have by him as far as I know is The Kingdom. In this singular instance I wasn't cheating. I know....shocking, eh?

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    No, I wouldn't have been able to see any between asking which I should watch first and receiving an answer due to the fact that all we have by him as far as I know is The Kingdom. In this singular instance I wasn't cheating. I know....shocking, eh?
    I promise to reply to this post no later than by Xmas.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be waiting right here.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

... making up that list of horror books, I presume?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast