+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : Merlin1958

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

Put out to pasture"!!! Living in Magaritaville!!!!
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Shelf #7: Hearts in Atlantis Proof, Black House S/L US/UK Firsts

Shelf #8: Gift Edition Lisey's Story, US/UK Firsts

That's about it. I have quite a few signed Comics (Jae Lee, Robin Furth) and the "special" issues, but I stopped collecting the individual comic books for my collection and am sticking to the HC's w/slipcase, which I normally get from Dave at the overlookconnection.

I got a few more pics to take, mostly of the Tolkien books, which sorry Mr. King, but LOTR is my favorite book all-time and therefore my most precious.

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Black House S/L by King, Straub and Berry

Dark Tower VII AE: M. Whelan

"Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" I don't really know the deal with this one. Its kinda cool though. Supposedly signed by King as both Reardon & Pearson, and he purposely altered his signature to make it more authentic. I guess along the lines of the "checks" signed by Bachman, but I have no provenance other than what you see. If any one knows anything about this I would sure love to know more!!

Edit: Thanks to Mulleins I now know the complete provenance for this book. Signed by Ridley Pearson (Author) as Joyce Reardon. Ridley is a friend of Sai King's and a published author in his own right, and was commissioned to write this as part of the Marketing for "Rose Red". He was inspired by the screenplay to write it as a diary.

Spoiler:
    In 2000, two years before the miniseries aired, the producers contracted with author Ridley Pearson to write a tie-in novel, The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red, under the pseudonym "Dr. Joyce Reardon" (one of the main characters of the miniseries).[3] The novel presented itself as nonfiction, and claimed to be the actual diary of Ellen Rimbauer (wife of the builder of Rose Red). The work was originally intended to be an architectural book featuring photos and drawings of the fictional Rose Red house with the supernatural elements subtly woven into the text and photos, but Pearson (building on several references to a diary in King's script) wrote it as Ellen Rimbauer's diary instead.

Thanks, Ralph, You Da' Man!!
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 04-01-2011 at 05:08 PM.

My Collection:

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a name known to all Stockerlone is a name known to all Stockerlone is a name known to all Stockerlone is a name known to all Stockerlone is a name known to all Stockerlone is a name known to all Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE NICE Collection

My collection
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...on-Stockerlone

GERMANY-FIFA Worldchampion 2014

SALE
    Stephen King promo telefon card
    Desperation/Regulator Flip-over ARC Leseexemplar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Complete Concordance by Robin Furth
    Very nicely done book

Insomnia, Ziesing

The "Lord of the Rings" 2nd U.S. Edition (1964), 8th Printing w/Custom Slipcase.
    I'd probably have to sell the house for a U.K. First Edition!!!! LOL I'm thinking of having Dolso do a wooden display case for these and use the SC for the 14th printing copies I have.

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed & Slipcased "Dead Zone"

Chap Books

American Short Stories: 2007, Signed. Wrapped so well I just took pic of COA LOL. Acquired right here on DT.com during Haven 2009 Fundraiser!!!! I think it was Patrick that donated it.

Stupid little globe that came with "The Mist" DVD. Don't exactly know why, but I kinda like it and its great for holding down pages when taking pictures!!! LOL

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

By Request

The Silmarillion, JRR Tolkien
    U.S. First Edition

Bilbo's Last Song, by JRR Tolkien
    First UK Edition, Childrens chap-book produced really well with very nice illustartions by Pauline Baynes. Quirky Collector Item!! LOL

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay I am officially hooked on this whole Picture hosting/posting thing!!!!!!!

LOL

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

This Pic is for Brice. Hope you like it!!!

MLB Certified copy of the original line-up card and of course the famous photo

My Collection:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't know about Brice.... but I like it a LOT!

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Front

Back

The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien, Collector Edition

The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien - Leatherbound Collectors Edition in Shrink-wrap

The Hobbit, 50th Anniversary Collectors Edition

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Mist" Movie Script, signed by Mr. King

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to all who posted kind words. It's more than greatly appreciated!!!!!

I am now officially a Picture Posting Whore!!!!

Anyone wanna see Ron Wood/Roger Dean Art Pieces?

My Collection:

Roont Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

MLB Certified copy of the original line-up card and of course the famous photo
    Awesome! Thank you!

Thanks to all who posted kind words. It's more than greatly appreciated!!!!!

I am now officially a Picture Posting Whore!!!!

Anyone wanna see Ron Wood/Roger Dean Art Pieces?
    Even though I'm unfamiliar with them I do.

My roommate has those collector's editions of the Tolkien books...and I am just a bit jealous. They are really nice.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Roger Dean is the Artist responsible for all the album art for "Yes", "Uriah Heep" and "Asia" He's in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Ron Wood is also in the Hall. He's a Guitarist with "The Rolling Stones" formerly of "Rod Stewart and The Faces"

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Pensive: Kieth Richards
    by Ron Wood
    I haven't framed this yet

Floating Water
    by Roger Dean (Signed)

"Sgt. Pepper Cover"
    Signed by John, Paul, George & Ringo
    Ltd 2426/9800

"Sympathy for the Devil"
    by Ron Wood
    Signed Artist Proof xx1/xxx

Edit Apr. 2012: Sold for $22,500.00

"Philadelphia 1981"
    by Ron Wood
    S/L #148/160
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 05-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.

My Collection:

Roont Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay I know them both then. These are great.

Pensive: Kieth Richards
    by Ron Wood
    I haven't framed this yet

Floating Water
    by Roger Dean (Signed)

"Sgt. Pepper Cover"
    Signed by John, Paul, George & Ringo
    Ltd 2426/9800

"Sympathy for the Devil"
    by Ron Wood
    Signed Artist Proof xx1/xxx

"Philadelphia 1981"
    by Ron Wood
    S/L #148/160
    Send me the signed Beatles one and I'll just have my bosses forward my paychecks to you for life. I'll throw in my soul too. I don't need it much.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

"Eric Clapton III"
    by Ron Wood
    S/L 35/150

"Eric Clapton: Crossroads"
    by Ron Wood
    S/L 249/249

" Tales from Topographical Oceans"
    by Roger Dean
    Signed: Best Wishes, Roger Dean

"Yes Logo"
    by Roger Dean
    Signed
    The Pic on my wall is tough to photo as it hangs in a hall. I don't like to take them down. Therefore due to my lack of Photo skills I inserted some Thumbnails sent to me by the gallery prior to purchase as better representations of the actual pieces. Certificates are in my safe deposit box.

"Pete Townsend & Kieth Moon"
    by Ron Wood
    S/L 86/375

All the pieces were purchased through the San Francisco Art Exchange, on Geary St in S.F. I've met Mr. Dean and have a crap-load of other signed pieces from him, when he heard I couldn't make it to a showing in S.F. due to illness. He had just gotten back from a dedication at the Rock n Roll HOF. I just haven't gotten around to framing it all and frankly I'm running out of wall space!!! Stuff is almost as expensive to frame as to buy!!! LOL

I also have a room dedicated to my Disney Cels, sericels and art. I also have a Leroy Nieman hanging over my bed "America's Cup' I think is the name, but the wife is sleeping so I'll have to wait on that one!!!

Edit: I did better then I expected photographing the actual pics on the wall so I deleted the thumbnails and inserted actual pics of the individual pieces. Now you can make out sigs and numbers. Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 07-27-2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: New Pictures

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to take a moment and say THANKS to all!!!!!

This Collection forum is so COOL!!!

I'm sure that I am like most other collectors who tend to get the things they want to collect and then immediately put them on the shelf NEVER to be touched. Taking photo's and reminiscing about the purchases is really invigorating and gets the juices going again as well as looking at all you other folks magnificent collections!!!

I don't know, Its just real cool and I want to thank all the members here, moderators etc who make this site possible for allowing me to share the things I hold so dear from over the years. Unfortunately, a lot of the folks that you meet and greet with on a daily basis just don't share the passions (or OCD!!!) the same way and its nice to share them with like individuals who really appreciate the items you hold so dear.

As I think Mulleins said in his collection thread "It really is a labor of Love".

Ok enough gushing!!!!!

LOL

My Collection:

Guardian of the Beam frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So much wonderful stuff!
    Love - love - LOVE your Tolkien collection!

sk

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    So much wonderful stuff!
    Love - love - LOVE your Tolkien collection!

sk
    Hey Thanks!! I've seen your collection so.........

I'm a bit diversified. Wait till I get the Disney & Yankee stuff up here!!

I Just LOVE LOTR's my favorite. Read it in 3 days in HS. Teacher couln't get me the books fast enough!!! I'm like Christopher Plummer, I read it every year like a ritual. Wish I could afford more!!!! Like First UK Editions!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL

My Collection:

Guardian of the Beam frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well....I'm about to post some of my magazine collection here....

sk

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Well....I'm about to post some of my magazine collection here....

sk
    Cool!! Love to see it!!!!

But of course you only get 'em for the articles, right? LOL

My Collection:

Country
    Country Flag

Haha....wrong collection....

sk

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Very cool.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

ďIím always on the Batman rule, sir.Ē - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Roger Dean is the Artist responsible for all the album art for "Yes", "Uriah Heep" and "Asia" He's in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
    What about that first Uriah Heep album? It had an evil looking caterpillar type thing. I always thought it was Virgil Finlay art but there wasn't any credit given that I could find.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast