+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102
Results 2,526 to 2,539 of 2539

Thread: Book Collection : Merlin1958

Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a glorious beacon of light TCCBodhi is a glorious beacon of light TCCBodhi is a glorious beacon of light TCCBodhi is a glorious beacon of light TCCBodhi is a glorious beacon of light TCCBodhi is a glorious beacon of light TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. I'm so disheartened by this!I would think that anything in service of raising money/obtaining items for worthy fundraising would be valued. I guess we'll see start to see the impact of this before many more months go by, unless other sources are able to step up with the same appeal.

Motion Picture Extraordinaire T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks!!!

So, I tried to raise some funds for the "Shriners Childrens Hospitals" but TPTB have shut me down. I contribute thousands of dollars to the site approved charities, but when I try to raise funds for other meaningful charities, I am sut down despite what others have been able to do on behalf of their worthy charities. Something is terribly wrong here and I, for one am getting very tired of it all. I do not like to tout what I have done in the way of charity, but I feel I no longer have a choice. I have donated "Thousands" over the years to the site fund raiser, but when I try to start an alternate fund raiser, which in no way impacts the site's version, my thread is closed and my services disbanded.

Jerome, arbitrarily decided I was "retired" from charity works. I really have no idea WTF he is thinking. Shut down programs that may benefit others? WTF? This place has definitely gone to hell and a hand basket.
    WTF! That is absolutely crazy!!!!

Guardian of the Beam ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I will make no comment on this. Oh wait! I think I just did!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I tried to raise some funds for the "Shriners Childrens Hospitals" but TPTB have shut me down.

Jerome, arbitrarily decided I was "retired" from charity works. I really have no idea WTF he is thinking. Shut down programs that may benefit others? WTF? This place has definitely gone to hell and a hand basket.

Bill, you started a standalone thread to raise money for a charity without checking with me in advance. Had you simply been courteous enough to ask, I likely would have given the go-ahead. Other people on the site have asked for people to donate to different charities, and they were courteous enough to ask in advance.
    I did not retire you from charity works. You retired yourself.

If you are not happy with the site, then I suggest you find a site you are more pleased with.

This is a collection thread, not a venting thread. Whatever problems you have with me should be discussed with me in private.

Back on topic please.

Iím not a clown Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Here's a picture of Bill's Night Shift First Edition in complete jacket and custom traycase:

So, I tried to raise some funds for the "Shriners Childrens Hospitals" but TPTB have shut me down. I contribute thousands of dollars to the site approved charities, but when I try to raise funds for other meaningful charities, I am sut down despite what others have been able to do on behalf of their worthy charities. Something is terribly wrong here and I, for one am getting very tired of it all. I do not like to tout what I have done in the way of charity, but I feel I no longer have a choice. I have donated "Thousands" over the years to the site fund raiser, but when I try to start an alternate fund raiser, which in no way impacts the site's version, my thread is closed and my services disbanded.

Congrats on the 1st of Night Shift! If looks like a very nice copy.

I know that you are one of the biggest personalities here (which is saying a lot!) and have a big heart. When I first found this site you and Jerome (and many others) made me feel at home and welcome. Over the years you have become a good friend to me. From an outsider to the workings of the fundraiser your spirit and enthusiasm for it has been a benefit and when I could it made me want to support the fundraiser even more.

Regardless of anything else I want to thank you for being you.

In regards to Shriners I can say from personal experience that they are a wonderful group and perform such acts of kindness for people in need that they deserve all the help they can get. They treated my daughter and helped us through a time of crisis with class and dignity. They provided a much needed positive impact to our life and my daughters life.
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

Put out to pasture"!!! Living in Magaritaville!!!!
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Here's a picture of Bill's Night Shift First Edition in complete jacket and custom traycase:

Congrats on the 1st of Night Shift! If looks like a very nice copy.

I know that you are one of the biggest personalities here (which is saying a lot!) and have a big heart. When I first found this site you and Jerome (and many others) made me feel at home and welcome. Over the years you have become a good friend to me. From an outsider to the workings of the fundraiser your spirit and enthusiasm for it has been a benefit and when I could it made me want to support the fundraiser even more.

Regardless of anything else I want to thank you for being you.

In regards to Shriners I can say from personal experience that they are a wonderful group and perform such acts of kindness for people in need that they deserve all the help they can get. They treated my daughter and helped us through a time of crisis with class and dignity. They provided a much needed positive impact to our life and my daughters life.
    Indeed they do and they do not just help "other Shriner' families. Only children in need. They are a great organization and it's a real shame that my thread beat my PM by a few minutes. Due to my lack of form some children may suffer. I'll do what I can anyway on my own.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, but I do what I can, when I can and for those I can. Nothing more, nothing less.

That edition of "Night Shift" I got from, Ralph well, even his great pics do not do it justice. It needs to be held. He gave me a truly awesome deal on it as well!!!

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

So, I tried to raise some funds for the "Shriners Childrens Hospitals" but TPTB have shut me down.

Bill, you started a standalone thread to raise money for a charity without checking with me in advance. Had you simply been courteous enough to ask, I likely would have given the go-ahead. Other people on the site have asked for people to donate to different charities, and they were courteous enough to ask in advance.
    I did not retire you from charity works. You retired yourself.

If you are not happy with the site, then I suggest you find a site you are more pleased with.

This is a collection thread, not a venting thread. Whatever problems you have with me should be discussed with me in private.

Back on topic please.
    Umm, yeah okay, but exactly why and how I am to be "On/Off Topic" in my own collection thread? I have the most replied to thread on the site (last I looked) so, I must have an "On topic" thing going on, no? How about that remarqued, "Wastelands" by Ned Dameron?

My Collection:

Citizen of Gilead St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...exactly why and how I am to be "On/Off Topic" in my own collection thread?
    Yup - good goddamn question.
    The hurt in your eyes, I know you know that I pray
    for the phone call that takes me away...

Guardian of the Beam ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here is another totally unsolicited reply on your site.

BTW - thanks for the bribe, and don't worry I'll keep it under my hat as soon as I buy one.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

"had you asked me I would have said ok, but you didn't so it's not ok"

Wtf.

Why penalize a charity over ego???

Maerlyn's Imp ladysai is a name known to all ladysai is a name known to all ladysai is a name known to all ladysai is a name known to all ladysai is a name known to all ladysai is a name known to all ladysai's Avatar

I get my first paycheck from my new job on 9/15.
    I'll be sending a PP donation to your fundraiser when the check clears.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    -Jimi Hendrix

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I get my first paycheck from my new job on 9/15.
    I'll be sending a PP donation to your fundraiser when the check clears.
    While I appreciate the thought, it is after all, Jerome's site to do with as he may. Please respect that fact and his rules and policies. I don't want to start an uprising. Providing this venue for all of us others deserves respect. Thanks for your thoughtfulness, but carry on as normal.

My Collection:

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Members can privately contact other members and send them all the money they wish.

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Members can privately contact other members and send them all the money they wish.

Good to know. Thank you for your "blessing" on that.

My Collection:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102