Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherlock

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Just read some interesting news online....http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...e_in_2012.html
    I haven't yet found official confirmation from BBC, but it looks pretty authentic. It's going to be a long year....
    Arrrgh! I've been thinking on and off that season 2 is right around the corner, and now this.
    Hope it will really happen in early 2012 (as in Jan-Mar), not their own idea of "early".
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, I know. I hate it when that happens. And it's still going to be 3 eps. But, at least they're still 90 minutes each, and as Pond mentioned, Freeman has been busy with The Hobbit, so I can't complain. Well, not too much, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I can complain - I do not particularly care for The Hobbit, so I would choose him working on Sherlock any day. But oh well, we'll wait.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, I must admit, I am looking forward to The Hobbit a little bit, as I think Bilbo Baggins is just one of those roles that Freeman was practically born to play. Also, I'd imagine that with Freeman working on The Hobbit, it's given lead writers Moffat and Gatiss more time to work on Who, so on the plus side, at least we got one awesome British show this year!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Right, either way you'll get to watch at least one of your favorite shows. Lucky you

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yes! Again, it just amazes me how brilliant Steven Moffat is as both scriptwriter and producer: to write for two of the most iconic characters in Britain in two excellent tv series is one thing - to do two at once, though? No idea how he does it.

Whenever the new series will be broadcast, I'm absolutely sure it'll be worth the wait. In the meantime, I should just keep myself happy by reading more of the original stories, methinks!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Big thumbs up for planning to read (more of) the original stories - I should probably re-read them, too.
    Have you had a chance to watch the Russian SH series yet? For some reason, it's very popular with our TV channels this summer, so I've rewatched them, I think, 3 times in two months AND it still did not get boring.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, that keeps slipping my mind! I'll try and look for it online over the weekend. If not, the best thing to do is to keep asking me until I eventually do get round to watching it: trust me, i get distracted so easily that continually reminding me about it would definitely be the best method. Honestly, despite enjoying what I read a few months ago of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, i've only just picked up the book again after seeing the trailer for the new film!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, I will keep shaming you into watching it - jk
    Seriously, I'd be interested to know what you think about it, as I have always liked that series.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yes, I'm always keen to check out a good Holmes adaptation. Unlike the BBC adaptation a few years back of The Hound of the Baskervilles. When I found out Richard E. Grant was in that, I was initially excited for it...until I found out he wasn't playing Holmes. "Wtf?!?" could not do justice to the reaction I had when I found that out, especially when I saw that the man playing Holmes had been completely miscast. Seriously, to have an idea of just how much Richard E. Grant was born to play Holmes, watch Withnail & I (which you may have heard me and Jean rave about recently). Whilst I'd expect he'd tone it down a bit if he did play Holmes, he does look exactly how I'd imagine him. That might be just me, though.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I have not heard of Withnail & I (have been mostly away from the forum for the last few months, so I'm catching up now), but I've just googled Richard E. Grant - and I must say that he does look a lot like my imaginary Holmes. Not 100%, but closer than most other actors.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I just watched a Study in Pink. I enjoyed it. The only other Sherlock film I've seen to my knowledge was the recent one by Guy Ritchie. And as much as I love him, I've never hidden my thoughts on the film. This was definitely far superior to that one. I loved the actor that played Sherlock. He was wonderful. And I thought him and Watson made a great combo.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There, what did I say, Heather? Told you you'd enjoy it! Despite being set in the modern day, this felt far more faithful in spirit to the original stories than the film. And you're right, Cumberbatch is brilliant as Holmes. And while the 2nd ep isn't quite as good (although it's definitely still pretty fun), the 3rd ep is another instant classic. Love that ep!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, don't get me started on the last ep....I simultaneously adore and despise it, mostly because of the last 5 minutes or so. Just...consider yourself lucky that you won't be waiting from November 7th to (most likely) early 2012 to resolve the ending of the 3rd episode. I almost threw something at my tv. It's insane

Glad you liked it, though! I completely agree with the fact that Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch work really well with each other. They're fun to watch.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the first episode was genius. Very impressed by pretty much everything!
    Last two were good as well. How can you go wrong with a team of Freeman, Moffat and Gatiss? And Cumberwhatever was excellent. Made me want to see him as the next doctor
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

it's funny you mention that about Cumberbatch, Chap...he's a fan favorite to become the next incarnation of the Master in Doctor Who! Regardless of what happens there, I think he is the perfect Sherlock. He and Freeman are just so well suited to each other, it is fantastic! Even thinking about it makes me even more anxious for series 2!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

ah, patch, thanks
    Can certainly see him as the Master, although would prefer him as The Doctor. They are very similar if you take away the unintentional douchebag side of Sherlock and add a more playful side.
    Although I guess The Doctor minus the playfulness (unless it's the bad kind) and plus douchbaggery would pretty much be the Master, so..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They are good foils of each other, aren't they? As an interesting fact you might enjoy...Matt Smith auditioned for the role of John Watson in this series, yet they thought he was more suited tot he role of Sherlock. The problem was...Benedict Cumberbatch had already been cast. So they turned him down. He then auditioned for the role of the Doctor...funny how things work out!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

It's like something written by Stephen Moffat

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To think: just ten days until a brand new series of Sherlock begins! Can hardly wait! From the looks of the trailers, it seems series 2 looks to be just as good as series 1!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yes! I'm beyond excited! And it not only looks to be just as good....I think it will be better! Hardly thought that was possible, but who knows? If anyone could do it, it would be this show.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching the new ep. However, will have to watch it again before making a review. Partly because it seemed to hold the same high standard as the previous series, and so I'll have to watch it several more times, but also because the BBC bastards decided to show it 50 minutes earlier than normal and so I missed the first half hour as a result! Fucking hell, really kicking myself for not actually checking the times beforehand! Rookie mistake! I blame Jennifer, she would've never let me make such a mistake if her fb chat was still working!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, hey! Don't blame me for the mistakes of my peers! My FB chat is working just fine, thank you very much....it was the crappy computer at my aunt's house that didn't like to run it. And the fact that we disconnected the internet after my sister showed up, but whatever....I'm downloading it right now. Beyond excited

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, all caught up, watched the first half hour on iPlayer, and I've gotta say, without spoiling it, that it's really just more of the same. As in, more of the same exceptionally high standard that we're used to and that many other shows fail to live up to. It also provides a new angle to Sherlock - this modern Sherlock, at least - but then, when you've got Irene Adler in the story, that's to be expected. Great dialogue, well made, really, what more can I say? I was just pissed off that I missed some of it when it was on. Especially when you consider that I most likely won't be able to watch either of the next two eps on time. Great stuff, anyway.

- Melike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Really, truly good stuff. Solid, consistent, innovative, creative and crafty. And funny. Buckingham Palace -- ha! Irene Adler -- some of the most creative camera angles I've ever seen! I wonder how many takes all that took to get it just right. Mycroft was a bit pissier than he was the first time we met him, I thought, but maybe that was because of stress. Sherlock's text message ring tone -- what a laugh!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast