Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Confused about Mordred/Mia/Crimson King

Traveler chibul is on a distinguished road

Default Confused about Mordred/Mia/Crimson King

Can someone explain how the CK is linked to these two? Obviously CK is referred to numerous times as Mordred's "red father"...but how can that be? And how is Mia linked to the CK?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chibul View Post
    Can someone explain how the CK is linked to these two? Obviously CK is referred to numerous times as Mordred's "red father"...but how can that be? And how is Mia linked to the CK?
    Have you finished the series? We will answer your question with pleasure but we wouldn't like to give out spoilers.

Roland would have understood.

Say sorry, I shouldve clarified...indeed I have.

I shouldve clarified, say sorry...yes, I've finished.

Along the Path of the Beam LovesSweetExile is on a distinguished road

I was a bit confused myself, but here goes:

Spoiler:
    Remember in The Gunslinger when rolland visited the oracle? basically, Roland impregnated the oracle, the oracle followed them into the place where they fetch Jake, the oracle demon turned into a male, impregnated Susannah, Mia was basically an old demon of the prim, chosen by the Crimson King to bear his child, and since Roland and the Crimson King share the same bloodline, somehow Modred could be the son of both, Mia infected Susannah like a parasite as to take advantage of here dual personality, Susannah merely physically carried Modred, but Mia was the REAL mother, she was a lonely spirit who was taken advantage of, but as you know, payed dearly in the end.

I think thats how it goes, could be more to it though, I'v only read the last book once, I may have missed something.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In nutshell: Mordred had two mothers and two fathers: Mia/Susannah - CrimsonKing/Roland
    Only three of them were genetically related to him. Mia was just the transfer body which fed and delivered the baby. Interesting and a bit sad that only Mia loved and cared about him him.

In the Gunslinger when Roland was with the oracle, the oracle collected Roland's seed. This time the oracle was female. Later Susannah was with the very same demon this time it was male and collected Sussanah's egg.
    Somehow Roland's and the Crimson King's seeds got united, and this very special seed which was Roland's and the CK's at the same time inseminated Susannah's egg and finally Mordred was created in order to finish and destroy Roland.

But see, that si where I get confused - how is the seed both Roland's and the CK's? Specificlally, how is it the CK's?

Country
    Country Flag

But see, that si where I get confused - how is the seed both Roland's and the CK's? Specificlally, how is it the CK's?
    How can you pull people from other worlds through magic doors?
    We can come up with hows but we will not get all the answers but okay, I'll tell you how I imagine it.
    As I have said I think they united the seeds. One half of the seed was the CK's and the other half was Roland's...

Something like this:

Of course it's not this simple but this is the base of the system IMHO.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    As I have said I think they united the seeds. One half of the seed was the CK's and the other half was Roland's...
    Yeah, that's how I pretty much saw it.
    Spoiler:
    I think the servants of the Crimson King used the Great Old One's technology to genetically engineer a sperm combining DNA strands from the two fathers.* That was somehow put into the oracle who impregnated Susannah. After that the unborn child was gradually 'faxed' to Mia.(Incidentally, interesting twist and all, did that strike anyone else as way too complicated? Heh.)

I do wonder if Susannah's contribution was destroyed though just leaving the ovum membrane, leaving Mordred just the son of two fathers, (kind of like how cloning is done) but that wasn't mentioned in the book.

Actually, genetically speaking I think that Mordred should have been more human than demon. I.e. The Crimson King is half human himself and Roland and Susannah are totally human... but then again I suppose the demonic part could just dominate.

*That being said there was a suggestion that the Crimson King might have impregnated Mia directly. She said she blanked out at one point and just 'saw red'. So I guess his magic might have been the cause of the 'sperm combination'. Or a bit of both.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

Something like this:

Holy Crap this was funny. Great way to explain it, but still funny to see evil sperm!
    This is one of those things in the books I just gave up on trying to understand and just enjoyed the weirdness of it all.