Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two will advance to the next round?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rainer Werner Fassbinder

0 0%
  • Ingmar Bergman

9 52.94%
  • Henry Koster

4 23.53%
  • Federico Fellini

4 23.53%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TDGT - Round 1, Group G

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default TDGT - Round 1, Group G

Rainer Werner Fassbinder's IMDB Page
    Notable films: The Marriage of Maria Braun, Ali: Fear Eats the Soul, Lola, Veronika Voss, Why Does Herr R Run Amok

Ingmar Bergman's IMDB Page
    Notable films: The Seventh Seal, Persona, Wild Strawberries, Fanny and Alexander, The Virgin Spring

Henry Koster's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Harvey, The Bishop's Wife, Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation

Federico Fellini's IMDB Page
    Notable Films: 8 1/2, La Strada, La Dolce Vita, Nights of Cabiria, Amarcord
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having a hard time choosing between Fellini and Bergman ...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Tough one, but I'm going to go with Fellini.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I went with Bergman in the end. The Seventh Seal is his most recognizable, but Wild Strawberries was a deeply profound, touching, heavily introspective film. I loved it.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Koster. Harvey is one of my all time favorites.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I refuse to choose between Fassbinder and Koster!!!!!!!

(don't really like either Bergman or Fellini, so at least that part was easy...)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Ingmar Bergman. Fannie and Alexander.

Fellini would have been my next choice, but Bergman was an easy pick.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fellini
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I loved Harvey, so Koster it is.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's not only Harvey, it's all the best Deanna Durbin movies, too, like, for example, 100 Men and a Girl, one of my favorites. I think I'll vote for him too... but it's painful to see Fassbinder without a single vote.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Fellini.

Country
    Country Flag

ok, since Fassbinder has no chance anyway, I've voted for Koster. I don't want him to be left behind.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

This poll is closing today ! Let's get those votes in !

Country
    Country Flag

bump indeed, so far it's a tie again...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ingmar Bergman advances to the next round !

There will be a tie breaker thread for Fellini and Koster.

+ Reply to Thread