Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And here is the french proof for END OF WATCH to be released at the beginning of march. As you can see in the picture, it has been slightly "damaged", but... still have one !

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jérémy. I bet they're quite rare. Another one to add to the list for me to find!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jérémy !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Jérémy !!!
    Ditto!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jeremy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So a couple of months ago, I was literally gutted because I accidentally found a copy of a first french edition of DRACULA.
    It was a bit pricey, but reasonnable for the book.
    It seemed in good / very good condition, but I emailed the seller with a question because i thought i saw that pages were becoming loose.
    Waiting for a reply from the seller, the book was sold.

I was gutted because it was the first copy i ever saw for sale, and technically I could have bought it but I was stupid to not rush on it.
    Furthermore, I could have gotten it "cheapish" because I remembered I have a 100e voucher since december !

Anyway, I was on my laptop by 2am this week when I recieved an alert that a copy was available.
    The seller provided some pictures showing some damages, described the copy thoroughly and it was a bit cheaper because of the lower state compared to that previous damn copy that I missed.

I literally jumped on the occasion : reading a bit the lenghtly description to be sure that I do not miss any important details because it was several hundred euros, but do not want that someone else jumps in the meantime if they got the alert !

So, here is my french first edition of DRACULA !

There interior is a bit damaged, but I was looking for a copy since awhile.
    On the front cover is written "3000th". The seller discussed it with me as he is quite a savy librarian and keen of vampires among other stuff, and explained that this was a common practice back in the day to pretend that books were selling well, but that may not mean that this is a third printing as nothing else is different from copies without that mention (and yes, the copy i missed a couple of months ago DIDNT have that mention!)

So this copy joins this part of my library, which contains a first french edition of JEKYLL & a second french edition of Frankenstein.
    Interestingly, I discovered through that seller something i didn't know about frankenstein. I always thought that the only known copy of the first french edition is at the national library. Well he proved me that a copy was sold a year or so ago through an auction house and went for 15,000€.
    Unfortunately there are no actual pictures of the copy.
    He also told me that over the course of years he seem to have noticed about 6 copies about the 1st french Frankenstein.

Anyway, here is the spot of my collection surrounded by a skull of JD, and bottle of absinthe and a freaky glass!

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that is AWESOME! Great story.

Congratulations!

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jeremy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! And a neat story to go with it. Strange that they have Bram's name spelt Brahm*.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jérémy. Fantastic copies of Dracula, Frankenstein and Jekyll. They look really nice of the shelf.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all !

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

The story, books and accessories all on the shelf reach the super cool level easily.
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I could really sink my eyeteeth into that copy of DRACULA.

WARNING - Don't ever set anything on top of your Dark Score Lake record player! (I heard about a dummy who did)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Just recieved a proof copy of Neil Gaiman's INTERWORLD in french

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear j
    The book arrived safe & sound THANK YOU! I rank the importance of this book on the same movie tie-in collecting scale as I do a 1st edition RAGE in the King world.
    Once again...THANK YOU!
    Ies Yeux sans Visage (Eyes Without A Face) 1959.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear j
    The book arrived safe & sound THANK YOU! I rank the importance of this book on the same movie tie-in collecting scale as I do a 1st edition RAGE in the King world.
    Once again...THANK YOU!
    Ies Yeux sans Visage (Eyes Without A Face) 1959.

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear that it arrived safely

Country
    Country Flag

I'll try to put some new pictures of my collection this weekend.
    In the meantime, here is something quite cool.

My second favorite author is Bernard Werber, a french writer unknown in the english world as only his first book was released in english.
    Tonight was the signing for his latest book. I got that book signed but also, another one that I brought : a very rare first printing (1/12,000 copies) from his very first book. I already had another one that I got signed couple of years ago, but I wanted to get my second copy signed.

He showed it to him, and he told me something that I didnt know after checking it out : that the first phrase of the 1st printing is different from the subsequent printings who have an added sentence at the start!
    So he signed the book and made a point to mention that specificity by writing (in french) : "this is the 1st sentence of the 1st version !!"

I'll have to ask him more details about the reason of this opening change!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool inscription, Jeremy. Congratulations!

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jeremy!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool inscription!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha... great stuff

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jeremy !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast