Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which 2 will advance to the next round?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Polanski

9 39.13%
  • Wes Anderson

1 4.35%
  • Lisa Cholodenko

0 0%
  • Francis Ford Coppola

13 56.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 1, Group D

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Really Jean ? I think that the first two Godfathers are irrefutable masterpieces. A perfect blend of character study and gripping plot. It's fascinating to see the struggles of a family trying to survive amidst a world poisoned by deceit and murder. I love those films.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I see... I even agree... just not a bears' type of film

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough, I respect that.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

After much thought I finally decided to go with Polanski
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Coppola against Polanski? Whoever made these two go up against each other so soon truly hates me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Don't worry. Two get to move on
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Imagine you have two kids, both are hanging off a cliff. You know you can save them both, but are frozen by which to save first.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brice- they should make a movie about that. Oh wait...
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know another bear who's voting Polanski...

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

very funny, Cyber, thank you

since I've been doing nothing for two weeks but researching the Polanski case, his life, movies and all the available documents, I've developed an opinion greatly different from what people that side of the ocean are led to believe (but, thank God, shared by many, especially this side of the ocean).

Sorry, it was off-topic.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly I am not interested in his life especially...just his films. Even if he did exactly what some people think he did it doesn't take away from the greatness of his movies one bit.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Here bears agree.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Honestly I am not interested in his life especially...just his films. Even if he did exactly what some people think he did it doesn't take away from the greatness of his movies one bit.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Big huge difference in admiring the man and the man's work.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Bears admire both... but this is definitely for a different thread.

Anyway, Wes Anderson and Lisa Cholodenko were very unlucky to get into this group...

My Mood
    Gay

Yup. Oh well. I was interested in how far through the process the female director's would go.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh ! Thanks for reminding guys ! I looked up Cholodenko's filmography, and she recently made a film titled 'The Kids Are Alright' with Julianne Moore. I read the premise and I have to say I'm intrigued !

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I've developed an opinion greatly different from what people that side of the ocean are led to believe (but, thank God, shared by many, especially this side of the ocean).
    Which is?

I mean, not only did the guy drug and rape a thirteen year old girl, but he's made comments like "Everyone wants to fuck young girls!", "She was almost fourteen" and "I only regret what happened afterwards." He's scum.

I can definitely understand distancing his work from his personal life (as lots of famous people are pricks in real life) but defending the man himself is another thing entirely. Hell, if Stephen King did what he did I wouldn't defend him even though I love his books.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh ! Thanks for reminding guys ! I looked up Cholodenko's filmography, and she recently made a film titled 'The Kids Are Alright' with Julianne Moore. I read the premise and I have to say I'm intrigued !
    It's getting excellent reviews and I suspect Oscar noms for Julianne Moore and Annette Bening.

She's a very talented director ... probably more people will learn of her as she becomes more prolific. She definitely takes her time between films... and writes as well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cholodenko's High Art was a great film.

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, pablo !! I was starting to think I was the only one who saw any of Lisa's films.

I loved High Art ( which she wrote as well as directed ), and actually - I've seen all of her movies, and plan on seeing "The Kids Are Alright" sometime this weekend ( if all works out ). She never disappoints me. I wish she made more movies.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes I'm the one that voted for Wes Anderson over Francis Ford Coppola.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

this group is closing today !

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Francis For Coppola and Roman Polanski advance !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast