Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves! Q&A and Sign Up Thread

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Default Wolves! Q&A and Sign Up Thread

Hey Gamers!

After the success of the Giveaway games contests, I thought we could try our hands at some more forum games. You may have heard of the game Mafia, also known in a slightly different form as Werewolves. I've taken the basic model and adapted a DT version, set in Calla Bryn Sturgis, called Wolves! Below is a brief outline of how to play, if you're interested sign up in this thread - also feel free to post any questions you might have.

Wolves!

Two teams, the Wolves and the Calla Folken compete against each other. The Folken must try to identify and vote off the Wolves, whilst the Wolves pose as Calla Folken - hiding their identity and manipulating the Folken into voting off other innocent townsfolk.

Each player must therefore prove their innocence (or hide their guilt) by accusing and interrogating their fellow suspects, until one team or the other is eliminated.

After sign up, the Games Mistress will pm all members on the list with their role - this will be either Calla Folken, Wolves, Pere Callahan or Rosalita. The majority of players will be Folken, less than half will be Wolves and only one person will be the Pere and Rosalita respectively. The Wolves are told who the other Wolves are, as they must work together to kill off the Folken and not be discovered. They will vote each "night" on a townsperson to kill via group pm. The victim is then pm-ed by the Games Mistress with the unfortunate news and they are then out of the game. The next "day" the murder is announced and the Folken and disguised Wolves must discuss who to pick as a suspect/s, all suspects are then put up for vote. The suspect with the most votes is then lynched, ie out of the game.

We'll probably use one full day as the "night" for the Wolves to do their dirty deeds, then give two days as the "daytime" for the Folken to discuss and vote. The Folken are obviously not told who the Wolves are, and the Wolves must obviously not reveal themselves. Discussion can all be done in the current game thread, roleplay style, with people making up alibi's etc and getting into the WotC theme and hopefully have fun. The Pere and Rosie have special roles and must also not reveal themselves to the Folken or Wolves - mainly because, of their special abilities, they would be instant targets.

The Pere's special function is that during each "night" period he may pm the Games Mistress once and ask if a particular player is a Wolf. He will then try to influence the voting during the "day" to have a Wolf lynched (if he has discovered the identity of one) without revealing who he is.

Rosalita's function, being that she is a healer, is that she may pm the Games Mistress once every "day" to choose to save a particular player - this player cannot then be killed by Wolves or lynched by Folken for the following turn.

The Pere and Rosie can be lynched or killed like any other player.

The game ends when all Wolves are eliminated = Folken victory, or when the number of Wolves in the daytime is more than or equal to the number of Folken = Wolves victory.

There are lots of variations to be made in the game and lots of other characters that can be added, with special roles - but I thought it would be easiest to start with this version. Perhaps aswell, to start, players who get lynched should reveal their character, although in subsequent games players will not reveal who they were until the game ends.

If it takes off, I'll keep a running total of Wolves vs. Folken matches and maybe have like sig/av's for the winning teams each game. I expect games may last from a week to two weeks (or more?) depending on the number of players.

LineofEld
    alkanto
    Odetta
    Daghain
    Jean
    Sickrose
    Brice
    Ricky
    Hannah
    Matt
    EL
    Woofer

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to play, but, as I've never played Mafia, I'm still unclear as to what exactly we'll do...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to play but, like Jean, am unsure of exactly what we'll have to do. I think maybe it will make more sense as we get assigned roles? Please count me in!
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Mafia! Sign me up for sure!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I would like to play as well, although I am also a little confused as to how this will work
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Bitchy

No worries, basically it goes like this:

*Everyone is assigned their role (Folken, Wolves, Pere and Rosie). Then I'll privately ask the Wolves to vote on a townsperson (Folken) to kill and once they've decided I'll pm the victim and let them know, then post up a little scenario like: All is quiet in the town of Calla Bryn Sturgis, the townspeople are all sleeping but something stirs!... in that way I'll describe the first murder and then declare it daytime. Usually murder victims are out of the game, but so that everyone gets a decent chance to play, we'll have the Wolves' victims come back as Roont - which means you can join in discussion and questioning, but you can't vote.

*Once it's daytime everyone discusses in the thread who they think the wolves are and puts forward the username of who they think it is as a suspect. Obviously it'll be pure guesswork the first couple of rounds, but after that you have to try and deduce who is lying, who is telling the truth. You can question people, ask for alibi's (obviously a bit of role playing and imagination comes into it).

*If there is only one suspect that person is lynched - or if there is more than one person up as a suspect, everyone votes and the suspect with the most votes is lynched. If the votes are tied then we continue to the next round with no lynchings.

*When a person is lynched they are out of the game. You don't normally reveal your role until the end of the game, but while everyone's getting used to it, for the first game lynched people will reveal who they are (Wolves, Folken etc) once they've been lynched.

*If you are Pere Callahan, once a night you can pm me and ask, "Is so and so a Wolf?" I will answer yes or no, then you can use the information to try and influence the choosing of suspects and voting. You must keep your identity secret, if the Wolves guess you are the Pere you would be a prime target for their next victim.

*If you are Rosalita you can pm me once a night and ask me to save a particular player. You will not know if that person is a Wolf or Folken, so judge wisely. During the next day that person would be safe from lynching, and likewise safe from murder that coming night. You may not choose the same person each night. You must also keep your identity secret.

*All players, except Wolves, must not pm each other revealing their identity. All Wolves pm's must be copied to the Games Mistress.

*The game ends when all Wolves are dead, in which case it would be a folken victory. Or The number of Wolves in daytime is greater than or equal to Folken, a Wolves victory.

Is that a better explanation?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is a wonderful explanation

stupid bears still can't see how it is possible to catch someone lying in the virtual reality? I think those who have played Mafia will understand it better

I still want to play... of course

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to play as well please.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to play.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Bitchy

Awesome, I'll put up a list in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    stupid bears still can't see how it is possible to catch someone lying in the virtual reality? I think those who have played Mafia will understand it better
    I haven't actually played Mafia before myself, so it's a learning curve for us all I think it might be apparent that people are lying from who they nominate as suspects, how involved they are etc. Having lynched people reveal their identity might help with that in this initial game.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I am in as well
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Count me in!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I want to play.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to play too!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to play. I'm still not sure how it all works but I think playing it will actually assist me in understanding.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Do I actually have to acknowledge that I want to play or was that already understood?

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it would be rude for us to just presume...
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

You guys! *group wolfhug*
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Bitchy

Ok, pm-ing you all shortly with your roles. Wolves will start straight away (will be instructed on what to do in pm) the rest of you guys just need to wait for the new thread, which will be in Odd's Lane entitled "Wolves!" to find out what happens next. The thread will be up some time tomorrow to give the wolves a chance to pick their first victim!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG this is so exciting! (Can you tell I haven't had fuck-all to do at work all week? LOL).

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Bitchy

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Oh , now that I have found the explanation of exactly what the game is and what it entails, may I ask ..is it too late to request to join in?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Bitchy

For this particular game, yes. But follow the thread to test your knowledge and skill ready for the next game, which will start as soon as this one finishes

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

cool, thanks .

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast