23 31.08%
  • The Stand

47 63.51%
  • Never read one or both titles

4 5.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wave 3B: It vs. The Stand

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT wins this one for me, although I do know that it's an uphill battle against The Stand.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It.

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I really feel like this is skewed by popularity. I was thinking today that sometime this year we should have something of a summit regarding these two books. We create a uniform criteria for grading the books in a number of areas and then the summit committee reads each book together and discusses merits and downfalls as they progress through each title, scoring the books in each area while everything is fresh.

Does that sound like something you (any member reading this) would find interesting or worthwhile?
    I would love to participate in something like this. But since I'm one of the new girls in town, do I need to do anything special to be invited?

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nah...I would say that if we do it anyone can participate. The only rule would be that you are actually reading the books and not making your judgments based on a past read. I'll talk with the other directors about it and we'll see what we can do. It would probably be a little while, so as to avoid undermining the entire purpose of the Constant Reader Awards. Thanks for your interest!
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 63.51% of the vote was The Stand. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 8.499695122.

It is 7 for 8 (0.7, 87.50%).
    The Stand is 8 for 8 (0.8, 100%).

Traveler Kieron is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hard, hard choice, but I have to go for 'It'- my all-time favourite novel by anyone.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

The Stand for sure (the original 1978 version though, not the revised doorstop).

- James
    http://www.darkdiscoveries.com

acdckingfan

ok the bears win i vote for it

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler jmorrison is on a distinguished road

I'd have to go for the original Stand as well. The ending of It was a big letdown for me.

Traveler rogwats is on a distinguished road

IT remains my favorite book, ever. The Stand is an epic tail, but no other book of King's (or really any other in the genre) has captured the innocence and curiosity and fear of a child than It, which is a huge feat that I enjoy each time I re-read it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2