Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose between The Waste Lands & The Drawing of the Three

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Waste Lands

39 53.42%
  • The Drawing of the Three

34 46.58%
  • Never read one or both titles

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wave 3A: The Waste Lands vs. The Drawing of the Three

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wave 3A: The Waste Lands vs. The Drawing of the Three

vs.

This is the third and final round of our 2010 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you would rather re-read. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you're murdering me!!!

bears can't vote

(might probably be TWL... later... when I get used to the idea that I do have to choose...)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    you're murdering me!!!

bears won't work
    I know how you feel, Jean. Both are brilliant, but the worst thing is, they're brilliant in such a different way that it's incredibly difficult to decide which is better or worse by even the tiniest amount.

Having said that, I had to decide that the one I want to re-read by the tiniest bit is Drawing. Just because it was the book that convinced me that, unlike most book series, I would actually read it all the way to the end, and the main characters at this point really don't get on well, so that's a plus. I like groups that start off hating each other!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll have to pick The Waste Lands, but it weren't easy.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

TDotT.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

The Waste Lands.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are the only two DT books that our membership, through two rounds, has chosen to battle it out in the final round of Top Ten. It'll be interesting to see which of the two we feel is the best DT novel. I think it's gonna be close. Personally, my money's on DT2.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DotT. Hands down.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

TDotT. It's my favorite.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

arghhhhhh!!!! ***deep breathe**

ok, its gotta be wastelands, for Oy - and the ka-tet finally get it together. Love it

Country
    Country Flag

My god, I can't believe DT2 is trailing here...

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Heath is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Defiently my two favorite in the series ive gone back and fourth with wizard being at number two but i had to pick drawing its what gets u ready for what the series is gonna be like because the gunslinger was nothing like the rest in my opinion so i feel the drawing started it all..

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    DotT. Hands down.
    This.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hands down? down??? it was the hardest choice for bears... who in the end voted TWL anyway

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hands down? down??? it was the hardest choice for bears... who in the end voted TWL anyway
    me

Country
    Country Flag

Damn I thought it would've been closer than it's been. Coming into Round 3, DT2 was in second place, while DT3 was in sixth. And now DT3 is leading in the face-off between the two? Madness!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    me
    the last sentence wasn't a question. It was the ending of the previous sentence: bears, who, in the end...

Country
    Country Flag

So so close

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    me
    the last sentence wasn't a question. It was the ending of the previous sentence: bears, who, in the end...
    i see, i'm tired with toothache you must forgive me

Country
    Country Flag

With about an hour to go the difference is just six votes!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 59.38% of the vote was The Waste Lands. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.854834055.

The Waste Lands is 5 for 7 (0.5, 71.43%).
    The Drawing of the Three is 5 for 7 (0.5, 71.43%).

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say I'm extremely surprised (a tad unpleasantly I might add) that DT3 beat DT2 in this Dark Tower face off. To me, DT2 is the best DT novel of all and there are too many reasons for that. The action is tight, fast-paced, superbly written, without extraneous scenes. It just flows in an unputdownable avalanche of awesome. Starting with the lobstrosities and on and on. The early scenes with Eddie are some of the most memorable writing of King's entire oeuvre. The doors, the conflicts, the dangers. In other words, it's vintage '80s King. Some of this is also present in DT3, but it's clearly a '90s novel. Not that that's bad, but y'all know what I mean. There are several stretches where you begin to want the story to move a little more briskly, something that never happens in DT2. The scene with the bridge and several others are exceptional, but overall I place DT3, fittingly, third in my personal rankings. DT2, of course, is first.

Sorry to rant

Country
    Country Flag

I am not surprised, voted for DT3 myself. It's exactly a case of what I tried to explain earlier - how perfection sometimes fails to impress as deeply as a sheer force of talent, whatever flaws in pace, structure, or logic it may present. I love DT2, and it is more - well - intelligible than DT3; but DT3 makes me step through those doors myself, whether or not I am capable of understanding what I see there. Jake's dreams, and then his walk across New York is, along with some other parts of the book, are the culminating points of King writing as a visionary, a mystic of highest order.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay a great result, The Wastelands if my favourite book of the series!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

DT2 has the most appeal as action entertainment. All other DT volumes are, in varying degree, more expressionistic... particularly DT3. Not just another Stephen King paperback; it wins because it's art.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast