• The Stand

50 75.76%
  • The Shining

9 13.64%
  • Never read one or both titles

7 10.61%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wave 3A: The Stand vs. The Shining

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wave 3A: The Stand vs. The Shining

vs.

This is the third and final round of our 2010 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you would rather re-read. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Stand. Shining's awesome, loved every page and definitely one of the best horror novels I've ever read, but I'm always going to vote for The Stand. Always.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I love The Shining but, it is The Stand! Easy choice.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Am I the only one who voted for The Shining?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks that way.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't me. The Stand.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Stand.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Is it just me or is it not quite fair to pit The Shining against The Stand? well... actually... hmmm.... what could possibly compete with The Stand?

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Is it just me or is it not quite fair to pit The Shining against The Stand? well... actually... hmmm.... what could possibly compete with The Stand?
    IT
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    IT
    took the answer from bears' mouth!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The Stand hands down.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 75.76% of the vote was The Stand. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 8.399695122.

The Stand is 7 for 7 (0.7, 100%).
    The Shining is 4 for 7 (0.4, 57.14%).

+ Reply to Thread