Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any actor who wants to be in a worthwhile DT movie or series should be willing to part with a few body parts for the part.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now you know why they picked Bardem. Not many actors are dedicated enough to try their hand at such a part.

Traveler childe nolan-d is on a distinguished road

Default Where in Our World is Mid-World?

Sorry of this is a similar thread, of if it needs to be posted elsewhere, but...
    Where do you think the producers would like to shoot the majority of the film/series? I like Alberta and British Columbia for a lot of the outdoors shooting. Certain other locations would have to be considered because of story concerns. The Mohaine desert should be filmed as described, in an area with a lot of "hard-pan" earth. Certainly BC has some desert-land (at least enough to look like Mejis), but nothing so flat as the Utah salt flats or portions of eastern California.

Do you think they would try to film in NYC for necessary portions, or do you think a stand-in city would work with skyline shots?

I know that the films will have the budget to shoot wherever they want, and the sound stages should be able to serve many purposes, but do you think the TV portion will need to shoot in a location as dirt cheap as Vancouver?

Do you think they'll have to go to NZ, Romania, Czech Republic, Tunisia or something else? Do you think they might go the Spaghetti Western route?

Default Deceased actors who would have been perfect for these movies.

Who from the past do you like to play various roles in this magnum opus?

I can think of several, but I want to hear from you first.

I'm sure Bardem would lose his fingers for the role. I'm also sure Daniel Day-Lewis would find some way to have his fingers bitten off by actual lobstrocities, and suffer from weeks of blood-poisoning for the part! He would probably kill some guy on the A train track to prove a point.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, while not 'Deceased", but cretainly too old right now is "The" single actor that should be and is Roland; Clint Eastwood. After him as far as "deceased" actors "Charlton Heston".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread is ripe for a merge to the "DT Film" thread!!!! Good thought though for that thread's discussion. Why not shoot the NYC scenes in NYC?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Italy is probably the best choice if they hope to achieve an authentic 'spaghetti western' vibe. It's where the Leone/Eastwood films were shot, and we know how strongly they influenced King.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

ah but the italy scenes were supposed to be taking place in the american southwest

so why not film it in new mexico (which just coincidentally happens to be where i live)
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Along the Path of the Beam Cixelsyd is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    This thread is ripe for a merge to the "DT Film" thread!!!! Good thought though for that thread's discussion. Why not shoot the NYC scenes in NYC?
    Because it is INSANELY expensive and time consuming to shoot in NYC. Lots of costs and hassles associated with shutting down streets for filming. A lot of movies set in NYC shoot in other locations. I was in Philly last year and was walking around one weekend and stumbled upon a four block area that had been closed for filming. All the cars parked and on the street had NY and NJ plates, because the film was set in NYC, but they were filming in Philly.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cixelsyd View Post
    Because it is INSANELY expensive and time consuming to shoot in NYC. Lots of costs and hassles associated with shutting down streets for filming. A lot of movies set in NYC shoot in other locations. I was in Philly last year and was walking around one weekend and stumbled upon a four block area that had been closed for filming. All the cars parked and on the street had NY and NJ plates, because the film was set in NYC, but they were filming in Philly.
    IDK, They were always shooting L&O right outside my office on 23rd St. They shot "Batman" and "Godzilla" in the same area (Down the block from the "Flat Iron" Bldg.) people are constantly shooting in NYC, constantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm quite amused to find out that some films set in American cities are actually filmed in London! Heh.

Anyway, they do a decent job nowadays of passing one place off for another. Not that that's a new thing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I'm quite amused to find out that some films set in American cities are actually filmed in London! Heh.

Anyway, they do a decent job nowadays of passing one place off for another. Not that that's a new thing.
    Oh yeah!!!! I know what you mean. Like passing off New Zealand for a legendary British land called "Hobbiton" and "Middle Earth"?

Yep. Hollywood is the land of "Movie Magic"!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah!!!! I know what you mean. Like passing off New Zealand for a legendary British land called "Hobbiton" and "Middle Earth"?

Didn't Vancouver double as NYC in the TV version of The Stand?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan19 View Post

Didn't Vancouver double as NYC in the TV version of The Stand?
    I, sir have been to Vancouver and Vancouver is no NYC, my good man!!!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i read somewhere they always use vancouver and montreal as standins for newyork but they dirty up the filming area first because they would be too clean as they are
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hobbiton is a town. And yes, I've been there*. Very nice it is too, although us big folk have to be careful where we step.

As for 'Middle Earth' that's our phrase for the entire world, although we prefer the olde expression 'Midgard' when we're guzzling drinkies in the mead hall and sharpening our axes.

Spoiler:
    I might have had to read a book to do so.

Gunslinger Apprentice klio is on a distinguished road klio's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Viggo Mortensen is my choice!

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't find an individual cast thread, so I just thought I'd stick my choice of actors here. I have listed them by book. Some actors or actressess I have actually not seen much of and have gone by their look, so please comment if I have made a strange choice!

The Gunslinger

Roland: Javier Bardem.
    I like this choice and think it will work. Look at his delivery in No Country For Old Men. I'm sure he has ice flowing through his veins!

Alice: Linda Hamilton

Walter: Hugo Weaving

Sylvia Pitson: Kathy Bates? I was stumped on this one. Maybe they could stick a younger girls face on a fat body via CGI!

Steven Deschain: Daniel Day Lewis or Liam Neeson

Gabrielle Deschain: Saffron Burrows

Cort: John C Reilly

Brown: Rhys Iffans

Drawing of the Three

Eddie: Bill Hader?

Susannah: Jada Pinkett Smith

Jake: No idea!

Henry: Donnie Wahlberg!

Balazaar: John Carrol Lynch

Elmer Chambers: J K Simmons w/ the hairdo from the Spiderman films!

The Wastelands

Tick Tock: Paul Levesque/HHH

Gasher: Jason Fleyming or Vinnie Jones

Calvin Tower: Richard Jenkins or Jim Broadbent

Aaron Deepneau: Jeffrey Demunn

Voice of Blaine: ?

Wizard and Glass

Renfew: Mark Boone JR

Sheriff Avery: Mark Addy

Jonas: Scott Glenn

Chancellor Rimmer: David Stratharian

Sheemie:??

Clay Reynolds: Jason Issacs

Roy Depape: Scott Grimes

Rhea: Helen Mirren

Cordelia: Tina Frey

Coral Thorin: Charlotte Rampling

Hart: James Cromwell

Lengyll: David Morse

*No idea about the younger parts of Roland etc*

Wolves of The Calla

Pere: Clint Eastwood!

Tian Jaffords: Thomas Jane

Zalia Jaffords: Carla Cugino

Rosa: Marisa Tomei

Ben Slightman Snr: Tim Robbins

Overholser: Brendon Gleeson

Eben Took: William Saddler

Mia: Evan Rachel Wood

Voice of Andy: Paul Bettany

Henchick: Jeff Bridges

Margaret Eisenhart: Cara Seymour

Vaughn Eisenhart : David Koechner

That's as far as I've got!

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

The New York Times is claiming that Idris Elba will play Walter. I'm not sure if I like the idea of a black man as the man in black... he was always described as pale, and Walter o'Dim is his most important persona. I wouldn't mind if Elba played one of his many transformations (he is a shape-shifter, after all) but I would prefer if they kept to King's descriptions for the most part – the same goes for Susannah, of course. I say they should cast someone like Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman or Peter Stormare as Walter – someone who can pull off an effective scene-chewing lunatic villain, but who also approximates the images most of us have in our minds.

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/4496...-Tower/details

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Idris Elba rocks. I loved The Wire. But I don't really see Stringer Bell as Walter O'Dim AT ALL, though he's a great actor. So far, it looks like the casting for DT is kind of...wonky. I'll try to reserve judgment. Like Bardem, the choice seems all wrong at first, but it could prove to be inspired.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

I don't care so much if they alter Walter's race, but that also means that whoever they choose to play Jack Mort will also have to be African American, or else how on earth is Jake supposed to mistake Mort for Walter in The Gunslinger?

Traveler Eddie-Dean is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I have not read any other threads on this subject yet, so here are my fresh, intial thoughts on potential cast:

Roland - ANDY WHITFIELD - think looks the part, has a distinct, deep voice, right age, good actor (from that cheesy series Sparticus)

Eddie - Cillian Murphjy - could play a good, scruff - was also in Red Eye, 28 Days Laterr, good actor and could be a convincing reformed junkie.

Jake - Maybe Jamie Bell (Billy elliott) or Asa Butterfield (boy in stripe PJ'd), younger age.

[IMG][/IMG]

Susan - Sonja Sohn (Kima from Wire) - shows she can play a very strong female in the wire and a good age to match Eddie to have a possibilty of some chemistry:

Walter - for me Walter was always a mysterious Black Guy for some reason. I think Samuel L Jackon maybe, but his recent performances have been a bit larger than life and may be too 'hollywood' and well known (can imagine him pulling a gun asking Roland for a Royale with Cheese:). Another one I like is MICHAEL K WILLIAMS. Omar from The Wire/Chalky from Boardwalk Empire:

SO Many other characters not thought about, but will add as they come to me...

ALSO > sure there are many fantastic undiscovered actors that could fit the part perfectly and won't have the prejustice or us seeing the in different roles, although runs the risk of murdering the characters if they can't pull it off! Must at least of read the DT books

I'm undecided, but real excited!

Really hope HBO with their $$££ and production quality pick it up! Look at their past successes!

What do you think of my picks?

My Mood
    Mellow

I have not read any other threads on this subject yet, so here are my fresh, intial thoughts on potential cast:

Roland - ANDY WHITFIELD - think looks the part, has a distinct, deep voice, right age, good actor (from that cheesy series Sparticus)

Eddie - Cillian Murphjy - could play a good, scruff - was also in Red Eye, 28 Days Laterr, good actor and could be a convincing reformed junkie.

Jake - Maybe Jamie Bell (Billy elliott) or Asa Butterfield (boy in stripe PJ'd), younger age.

[IMG][/IMG]

Susan - Sonja Sohn (Kima from Wire) - shows she can play a very strong female in the wire and a good age to match Eddie to have a possibilty of some chemistry:

Walter - for me Walter was always a mysterious Black Guy for some reason. I think Samuel L Jackon maybe, but his recent performances have been a bit larger than life and may be too 'hollywood' and well known (can imagine him pulling a gun asking Roland for a Royale with Cheese:). Another one I like is MICHAEL K WILLIAMS. Omar from The Wire/Chalky from Boardwalk Empire:

SO Many other characters not thought about, but will add as they come to me...

ALSO > sure there are many fantastic undiscovered actors that could fit the part perfectly and won't have the prejustice or us seeing the in different roles, although runs the risk of murdering the characters if they can't pull it off! Must at least of read the DT books

I'm undecided, but real excited!

Really hope HBO with their $$££ and production quality pick it up! Look at their past successes!

What do you think of my picks?

My Mood
    Mellow

Walter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast