Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: the DT movie thread

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    How about Jared Leto as Eddie? I'm thinking of Leto as he was playing an addict in Requiem for a Dream.
    this is a cool idea
    i like it
    and thanks for the pics
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hehe, Leto is what I thought back at tdt.net .. i think i made a stupid banner somewhere ..
    Attached Images
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Zone, who is that as Roland? I can't make it out...

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpo.../gallery1.html

Good Ideas one and all! The Hugh Laurie thing is kind of funny, I would have never thought of him as Roland. He is a chameleon however, he played the nerdy dad in the ooey-gooey stuart little movies, now he plays the disgruntled Dr. on House. Here are some Josh Brolin pics for anyone who doesn't know what he looks like. He is young in these, but I can see him as Roland 20 years later.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Josh Brolin? NO.

Although I like Jared Leto, I don't see him for Eddie, either. *sigh*

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Have you seen Requiem for a Dream?

I dunno, in that movie he is practically already Eddie to me.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQoa-jdp5GI"]YouTube - Jared Leto in Requiem For A Dream[/ame]
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE Requiem for a Dream. But no.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

see i'm all for a computer animation using the drawings of Jae Lee. I can't think of any actor who wouldn't mess it up. It is such topic of debate...who would, or could...or should it or shouldn't it. I have to say that i just can't see it being made right by using real actors. The comics were so amazingly well done that I think they should take that and make it into seven to ten computer animated movies.

Now as for the voices?

clint eastwood, hands down, has my vote for roland

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Now as for the voices?

clint eastwood, hands down, has my vote for roland
    You're fucking A RIGHT!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jared Leto may look the part of Eddie to me, but can he even been funny? He's always oh so serious in all his movies.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

also jared letto is a complete tool and could never never never do eddie justice, imo

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Have you seen Requiem for a Dream?
    [/url]
    I was about to ask her this exact same thing, probably would of posed the question the exact same way too. Get out of my mind!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    also jared letto is a complete tool and could never never never do eddie justice, imo
    I totally disagree with you..but thats still damn funny.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Of course younger Clint is best for Roland, but otherwise, I always thought Scott Glenn would work, if you did something with the eyes. He has this bad ass carved look about him. But he is getting older too, so maybe not.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Telynn how about YOU as Roland Deschain??
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Clint Eastwood in his 30's, 40's and 50's even was perfect, but now that he's in his 70's I am afraid he's too old.
    I think Viggo Mortensen might work for Roland:

Not sure yet about Eddie, but I know this is wierd, but Whoopi Goldberg for Susannah works for me. They almost would have to shoot her in two hair do's-the dread lock look for the Detta, and more of a bun hair job for Susannah.
    As for Jake-choose an unknown.

I guess I'm the only one for Telynn as Roland.

Whoopie Goldberg for Susannah? Thats a big "NO WAY" for me.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    *sigh* It was a nice dream while it lasted......

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    *sigh* It was a nice dream while it lasted......
    *choked up sigh*

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

since seeing starship troopers, Ungela Brockman has always played the part of Detta/Odetta/Susannah in my head.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Leto could be a good Eddie, and not just from his acting in Requiem, but also from his acting in Lord of War. He's pretty damn funny in that movie, very Eddie-like. For instance, he made a map of the Ukraine out of a kilo of cocaine. Would Eddie and the eminent junkie do that? I think so.

Roland is so hard to cast. I'm still undecided on that one. House is to small physically to do it for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    House is to small physically to do it for me.
    I totally agree with you on this. However, hopefully he could bulk up a bit...just a bit.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

House is gonna hit the gym

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Roland - Michael Keaton
    Eddie - Seann William Scott
    Susannah - Megalyn Echikunwoke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast