Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: the DT movie thread

Along the Path of the Beam The Man With No Name is on a distinguished road The Man With No Name's Avatar

Friends, Scott Glenn would be perfect to play Roland. Check out Silverado.

Darken his hair, put in some blue contacts. Maybe someone can photoshop this picture.

Although age is creeping up on Scott Glenn. He was born in 1941.

But if I was going to cast Roland, I would use him.

Along the Path of the Beam The Man With No Name is on a distinguished road The Man With No Name's Avatar

I think I would cast Ed Norton to play Eddie Dean. I think he could pull off the playful wise guy and the serious side very well.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. My. Word.

I have seen House.

You were right...he is SO Roland!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

seriously, or is this that famous british sarcasm?

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This idea came to me while I was reading Wolves and it may seem crazy at first but hear me out. King described Eddie as wearing a flannel shirt with his hair pulled back in a pony tale and it came to me..

Jason Mewes

Think about it. Complete smartass with razor quick wit. Former junkie. Couldn't you just see him standing over Andolini saying "Mess with Tower or Deepneau again and I'll rip out your eye and skull fuck you like you were Jessica Alba after she's passed out" LOL
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Oh. My. Word.

I have seen House.

WHAT????!!!!????

Are you all reading this? Can it possibly be true? Has the greatest critic of the House idea FINALLY come around????!!!???? Oh say it is true, lovely lady!!! Say it again!

I can die a happy man now. House is Roland and Lisa agrees.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Its utterly true, and no Jayson I'm not being sarcastic

On Friday night I went round to a friends house, he's been trying to get me to watch House for months as hes totally addicted to it. We had a few bottles of wine and watched part of season one (then the call of the pub became too strong!) and I was so completely impressed by Hugh Laurie in it I was itching to come here and tell you that I had seen the light

I've never disliked Hugh Laurie, I just couldn't picture him as Roland - but as soon as he appeared on screen (we watched the pilot first) I was like "Bloody hell!" And such a bastard as House too, I LOVED him!!

So there you go - I conceed defeat and join the ranks...you've also got me addicted to House now you gits

awesome Lisa. the more i watched that show, the more i thought, this guy is roland of gilead. my only problem is they've stopped showing new episodes to make room for american idol, the worst show on television. no new house until april. glad you finally (a) see how brilliant laurie would be as roland and even better (b) discovered House bc i know ultimately, like me, you'd rather see nobody cast as roland . it's a great show, you should def follow it thru on dvd.

Country
    Country Flag

Its utterly true, and no Jayson I'm not being sarcastic

On Friday night I went round to a friends house, he's been trying to get me to watch House for months as hes totally addicted to it. We had a few bottles of wine and watched part of season one (then the call of the pub became too strong!) and I was so completely impressed by Hugh Laurie in it I was itching to come here and tell you that I had seen the light

I've never disliked Hugh Laurie, I just couldn't picture him as Roland - but as soon as he appeared on screen (we watched the pilot first) I was like "Bloody hell!" And such a bastard as House too, I LOVED him!!

So there you go - I conceed defeat and join the ranks...you've also got me addicted to House now you gits

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that may be the best news I've heard all week.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

after reading through a lot of these posts i can really come to only one conclusion....

all unknowns...?

i just don't think that any main-stream a-list actor could ever pull off roland (or anyone else for that matter) without people having pre-conceived notions of their character, ya know?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. My. Word.

I have seen House.

No...God NO.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, I'd rather not see it become a film at all

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'll sometimes get random numbers stuck in my head, like client id's from work, that add up to nineteen.
    I can't believe that's the extent of my brain's creativity. wow

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I think Hugh Laurie as Roland would be the only way I'd go see the movie. I just don't think anyone else could pull it off. I mean, coming to terms with his humanity as a result of the people forced into his immediate proximity- Sounds pretty Dark Tower to me.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think i could do a good job of Roland...

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

watch my head grow

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    after reading through a lot of these posts i can really come to only one conclusion....

all unknowns...?
    This seems to be the best option, /me thinks. Especially for Roland.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I could possibly accept a DT movie if all the cast and crew agreed to commit seppuku for their blasphemous existences immediately thereafter.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

it would have to filmed and be added as a dvd extra to really be worth it brice

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

no, I think them doing it live at one of our get togethers would be better....well, I guess it wouldn't be live for long.

If you rescue me

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gary Sinise

would make a good Roland, i think. If i ever get ound to watching house i'll see how Hugh Laurie is, i always think of Stuart Little when i think of him though xD.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Default Who would YOU want to be cast as in a DT Movie?

How about they just cast us from this site.....allow constant readers to portray our favorite charactures! ( we can act right?) HAHA!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

I call Roland!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast