Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: the DT movie thread

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, but that's not why. It's funny. I catch myself constantly studying actors in movies now. I'm always picking people out and telling my husband: "He would make a good Roland." He just laughs at me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Yeah, but that's not why. It's funny. I catch myself constantly studying actors in movies now. I'm always picking people out and telling my husband: "He would make a good Roland." He just laughs at me.
    No worries, I went through the same thing. For a few months after I finished the DT series, I found myself constantly asking the same question "Would he make a good Roland?"

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Laurie as Roland and Baldwin as Eddie would be great.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think that Harrison Ford would be a good Roland
    i mean come on hes the most kick ass actor ever

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But....he was in Star Wars.

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think his eyes are the wrong color. You can't have Roland without piercing blue eyes.

He could always wear contacts, though.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ewan Mcgregor as Eddie!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally don't see that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    But....he was in Star Wars.

i know. but he was the only actor in the original series thats career didnt get ruined by the StarWars

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I always pictured Eddie looking like Norman Reedus.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's weird, because when I first started the series I logged onto a forum and someone said "Ewan Mcgregor could play Eddie!"...I was only a couple of pages into DoTT when I read that, so when I finally got to meet Eddie I pictured him as E.M then and throughout the rest of the series

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    House looks the part...totally! I had this discussion with Darkthoughts before....she is BANNED from this thread.
    She can't stand him because apparently he was on a pretty popular show in England and now she can't think of him in any other way.
    MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Ok, I can't not stand Hugh Laurie, in fact I think he's fab - but he's primarily known as a comedian in the UK and I'd have a lot of trouble believing in him as Roland...that being said this photo of him is great and very Roland-esque (imdb won't let me copy the image)
    http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...hint=nm0491402

But...he also played Bertie Wooster in the televised series and also many roles in "Black Adder", one of his incarnations being Prince George - the wigged link I provided before. I've never seen House, but Prince George was a great role...heres a clip...Monte - DON'T CLICK THE LINK
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazZhdxhJyg"]YouTube - Blackadder Season 3 Episode 3 Part 1/4[/ame]
    Actually...do, its cool

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think in his day Clint Eastwood was the only choice for the role. Now Hugh Laurie is probably the best choice. I've been a fan of his since his Black Adder days and especially the Jeeves and Wooster series he did. Out of all the actors out there I think he has the chops to pull it off.

As for Eddie That should be an entirely different thread.
    Insert witty comment here.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A thread I will now start...good one Harrald

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Who would you cast as the ka-tet?

And other main characters too?

The girl who initially got me into DT always pictured Eddie as Ed Norton, which I could see working. I always picture (even though lookswise I know he's wrong) Eric Stoltz as Eddie, the way he looked in Pulp Fiction. And Suze as Lauryn Hill. I'm totally stumped on Jake.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Darkthoughts...
    I watched the clip. It doesn't even seem like the same person. If that was the person I was thinking for Roland, I'd shoot myself. Why don't we just ignore his past and pretend it didn't happen? That way, he would make a great Roland in his present appearance.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

no no no. adam baldwin could never be eddie. in my head, edward furlong has played that part since reading wizard and glass.

Country
    Country Flag

He's waaaaay to messed up to play Eddie.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Hugh Laurie's chin is too weak to be Roland. Roland has to have a strong chin.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Hugh Laurie's chin is too weak to be Roland. Roland has to have a strong chin.
    totally agree

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

How about Jared Leto as Eddie? I'm thinking of Leto as he was playing an addict in Requiem for a Dream.

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

pic?

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    pic?
    I edited a few into my above post.

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks!
    I can see it...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jared Leto? Nice!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast