Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Traveler K-Ball is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

yeah i saw a pic as hugh jackman as van helsing and thought he would be good.

Traveler rdb25 is on a distinguished road

Hugh Laurie has the acting chops for the role, but I don't know if I can picture him as the gunslinger. For some reason, rereading the series, I've been picturing Roland to look like this guy: http://www.tedking.com/graphics/tkmain/main_r1_c1.jpg

Though I don't know if he's got the acting talent or not. My other choices for Roland is Ralph Fiennes.

Traveler manni is on a distinguished road

daniel day lewis... roland. But I don't think he would do a gigantic series like this. He's been around for a while and isn't a flash in the pan actor like hugh jackman. Plus he's a method actor.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by manni View Post
    daniel day lewis... roland. But I don't think he would do a gigantic series like this. He's been around for a while and isn't a flash in the pan actor like hugh jackman. Plus he's a method actor.
    yeah

method acting + roland= only one take when they erm "shoot" tull cause the extras would run out pretty quick
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler manni is on a distinguished road

And Daniel Day Lewis is a creepy, intense, and quiet guy. I think there are some similarities.

Traveler Rich420 is on a distinguished road Rich420's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if the rumors are true or not, but from a practical point of view Christian Bale is acceptable as Roland. He's a decent actor and he'll be able to do a decent job of this kind of character. And even though he's not the greatest actor, he is one of the biggest right now, and like I said in another post, thats going to be important if this film project is going to get off the ground and make money (I know, I know, money isnt the most important thing, but they need to attract mainstream audiences in order to get funding for such a big series). My personal choices would be Daniel Craig or Daniel Day-Lewis, and Day-Lewis wouldnt touch this with a ten foot pole.

Williem Dafoe as the Man in Black. Hands down, he's perfect for the role.

Jared Leto as Eddie Dean. He looks the part, and he did a good job of playing young New York City junkies in both Requiem For a Dream and Lord of War.

Clint Eastwood as Father Callahan. Nuff said.

John F. Kennedy Reviarc is on a distinguished road Reviarc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanna know who'd play a good Rhea. Suggestions? I'll second Dafoe but he really shouldn't have done Spiderman. Something about him dressed in that idiotic costume makes me hate. You never go full retard, man.

Along the Path of the Beam GirlGoneNineteen is on a distinguished road GirlGoneNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Reviarc View Post
    I wanna know who'd play a good Rhea. Suggestions?
    I don't know why, but I picture her a lot like Madame Mim: http://www.freewebs.com/evolutionofe...madamemim2.jpg
    So much you did and so much more you would have done, aye, and all without a check or qualm, and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

John F. Kennedy Reviarc is on a distinguished road Reviarc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GirlGoneNineteen View Post
    I wanna know who'd play a good Rhea. Suggestions?
    I don't know why, but I picture her a lot like Madame Mim: http://www.freewebs.com/evolutionofe...madamemim2.jpg
    lol. That's uh, really interesting and strangely horrifying but I always kind of pictured her as this cutie...

Man, that's Rhea RIGHT THERE. The complete package... including "The Prodding Finger"! Respect Susan, respect... Was very intriguing reading back when I was 11 years old. That part of the story helped me to become the man I am today and to truly appreciate feminine homosexuality.
    Last edited by Reviarc; 08-17-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Add Pic

Traveler Galdaran is on a distinguished road Galdaran's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My cast would be:

Roland => Hugh Laurie

Jake Cambers => Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick

Susannah => Hale Berry / Rosario Dawson

Walter => Steve Buscemi

Along the Path of the Beam blaine is on a distinguished road

galdaran, im really liking your cast list. as for who i would be in the movies, personally i'd love to be father callaghan, not sure why but his story touched me the most.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blaine View Post
    as for who i would be in the movies, personally i'd love to be father callaghan, not sure why but his story touched me the most.
    you would have to compete with bears...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler birdandbear is on a distinguished road birdandbear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i would cast,

roland-misha collins (maybe, with a little make-up)
    cuthbert-taylor kitsch
    callahan- clint eastwood himself (too old?)
    eddie- me
    “The thing under my bed waiting to grab my ankle isn’t real. I know that, and I also know that if I’m careful to keep my foot under the covers, it will never be able to grab my ankle.”

Along the Path of the Beam Aki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I wanna know who'd play a good Rhea. Suggestions?[/U]
    Helena Bonham Carter. Definitely. As seen as Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter but of course much older and uglier. Not only for her wonderful looks, but for her VOICE and her fucking ACTING. Enough said.

And I totally agreed with whoever proposed Steve Buscami as Randall and Halle Berry as Susannah. Halle Berry may not be the best actress in the world, but she would be great as Susannah, I'm sure.

As Roland, the one that pops into my mind is Viggo Mortensen. I have only seen him in three films, and those are the three Lord of the Rings films where he plays Aragon. He most certainly has both the looks and the voice.

Along the Path of the Beam blaine is on a distinguished road

Once we have all seen Viggo in 'the road' I'm pretty sure he's going to jump up all our lists for roland.

Country
    Country Flag

Once we have all seen Viggo in 'the road' I'm pretty sure he's going to jump up all our lists for roland.
    I hadn't heard of it, but looked it up right now. Judging by the pictures it seems really cool. I like how Viggo "in real life" looks quite old, but with make-up he looks in his early 30's. This means, he can have different make-up during different "eras" as Roland, for example looking much worse by the Western Sea after the lubstrosities (spelling?). Also with the right computer work he might play Roland in the Mejis and Gilead flashbacks... that would be awesome. Seeing as the films won't be made in a few more years, the technology might have improved mightily.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Eddie

I found what seems to me the good actor to be Eddie. I watched Fringe today and I felt Josh Jackson has the vybe, humor and face to be our gunslinger of New York.

Here is a pic of him:

Opinions?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Galdaran View Post
    I found what seems to me the good actor to be Eddie. I watched Fringe today and I felt Josh Jackson has the vybe, humor and face to be our gunslinger of New York.

Here is a pic of him:

Opinions?
    I've never seen Fringe, but he really looks "Eddie-like".

I don't know the guy's name, but when I read about Eddie I really think of the guy who plays what's-his-name in The Stand and George in Of Mice and Men. He's probably way too old now, but in his youth... I fell both Eddie and Jake should be "lookers" that attracts girls to the cinemas, especially Eddie but also Jake to the younger kids. Jake as described in Calla Bryn Sturgis and forward seems really cool in my mind. Also Susannah is described as pretty hot, which is why I'd love seeing Halle Berry as her.
    ---
    Ragnarök slukar mig, allt mörknar, och jag ser mig själv stå mitt i Ginnungagap.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you.

The ka-tet, in general, is described to be composed of what we would considerer handsome people. I think the whole cast I choose not impossible because actors like Josh Jackson, Hugh Laurie, Buscemi and the boy don't seem to cost so much. The only expensive people would be Halle Berry, or Clint Eastwood for Callahan (That I would love to see). However, that wouldn't be unexpected, because Susannah is so far the most difficult and multi-layered character to be taken to the screen, and would be really necessary a very good actress like Halle Berry to take this burden.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My cast would be:

Roland => Hugh Laurie
    Another member of Team House!
    Cool on you.

There is nobody who looks the part more than he does.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I would want to be Aileen Ritter. I could most definitely see myself as being in her shoes. I always was a tomboy (still am) and I could see myself dressing up as a boy to become a gunslinger!

(I also would not mind kissing Roland!

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Hmm!

Maybe a dirtier photo would help:

OK, that's pretty good.

Country
    Country Flag

He looks nice in that picture. But I don't believe he gonna accept make part of another fantasy book series.

I tried to figure out a believable cast. Casting not so expensive actors.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

He looks nice in that picture. But I don't believe he gonna accept make part of another fantasy book series.

I tried to figure out a believable cast. Casting not so expensive actors.
    Yeah, it will be a huge commitment for whoever they cast. The only other series I can think of with this many books that became a complete series of movies is Harry Potter, and I think people were willing to commit to that because it was a sure thing. And LotR was probably enough of a life-consuming effort that Viggo won't be up for another giant fantasy series. Still, fun to visualize.

Judging from other Abrams films there will be a lot of mostly-unknowns in the cast, though I think others have already talked about how that would be the best option...ideally it would be a perfect mix of both!

Has anyone ever come up with a good Susan Delgado, by the way? I was just thinking about that that other day.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Has anyone ever come up with a good Susan Delgado, by the way? I was just thinking about that that other day.
    I am afraid the fact that there's been no serious controversy over her part here proves the point that she isn't much of a character. Really, any pretty young actress would do.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast