Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Haven

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Colorado Kid turn to be a tv movie?

from Lilja :

There seams to be info in the last issue of Entertainment Weekly (with J.K. Rowling on the cover as Entertainer of the Year) about a possible TV series loosely based on The Colorado Kid in the future. Hopefully more info will come soon.
    Does anyone have that EW issue?
    What do they tell?

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Without spoilers, I'd be interested to see if the powers that be in a TV series feel they need to change and/or add to the ending.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just searched the EW site and didn't find anything. Hmm.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I hope they leave the ending alone. That was something I liked about the book...

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The ending pissed me off. But maybe that's just me.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It did me too, to a point, but I understood why it was done that way. I absolutely wish it had been done differently, though.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted more from the ending as well.

As for making a "series," considering the length of the book, they would have to add quite a bit.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there was a little blurb in EW magazine (not online). I'll see if I can find it again...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, here's the story. It is on page 21 of the November 30, 2007 issue (cover story is The Top 25 Entertainers of the Year) of Entertainment Weekly. Okay, okay, I'll transcribe the entire thing for you:

Television by Lynette Rice
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN GUY

(little photo of SK)

While the strike could throw a wrench into all current development, ABC has a provocative new drama in the works that's loosely based on Stephen King's 2005 mystery novel The Colorado Kid. The author and EW columnist describes the script, from The Dead Zone's Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, as "closer to The X-Files than Supernatural." King will have a small stake in the show (currently dubbed Sanctuary) should it go to series, "but it's not something that keeps me up at nights, the way Kingdom Hospital did."

There you go.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

sounds like it could be interesting

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Haven - The Colorado Kid TV miniseries

As per Lilja via Bev:

According to Variety, E1 Entertainment has committed to 13 hour-long episodes adapting Stephen King’s novella The Colorado Kid into a television series called Haven.

Scott Shepherd will serve as showrunner and exec produce with Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller, all three of whom were exec producers on USA Network's version of The Dead Zone.

Two more Dead Zone alumni, Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, are writing the pilot and will also serve as exec producers.

The report describes the project as, “centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay — while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.”

E1 is in advanced talks with several European broadcast partners to sign on and help finance the show. After securing an international partner, the company will turn its attention to finding U.S. and Canadian broadcasters.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That doesn't sound at all like Colorado Kid. It sounds like they're using the King name and title for something completely different. Also, the town of Haven is the same named town that most of The Tommyknockers takes place.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I wonder if the mystery of the Colorado Kid will be the first episode, and they'll go on with it from there. The Pillars did quite a good job of taking the DZ concept and running with it for five or six years.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That doesn't sound at all like Colorado Kid. It sounds like they're using the King name and title for something completely different. Also, the town of Haven is the same named town that most of The Tommyknockers takes place.

John
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read the description.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...it might not sound very faithfull, but that team made an incredible job with The Dead Zone series (Sadly it was cancelled and no ending given so far), so I'm looking forward to hear more about this
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Haven

I haven't found topic about it so here it is

Studio E1 Entertainment is gonna make a tv series based on 'Colorado Kid' titled 'Haven'. There will be 13 one hour episodes.

'Haven' will be about small hunted town in Maine, where doomed people try to live normally. When the curses start to come back an FBI agent Audrey Parker comes to town to discover Havens misteries.

It's gonna be for fans of Stephen King, The X Files and Lost.

You can hear what one of the producers has to say about it: http://scifitvzone.com/2009/11/25/st...r-lloyd-segan/

My Mood
    Amused

Maybe it's been too long since I read Colorado Kid, but this 'Haven' sounds nothing like it. I may just be crazy. I don't know.

Country
    Country Flag

it will be like 'Dead Zone' tv series, so all the episodes will be something totally new and 'Colorado Kid' possibly will be as a background and maybe even in the first episode only.

My Mood
    Amused

So I'm not crazy.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm trusting in this project. I loved The Dead Zone series, so the creative team behind must have a good idea in their hands.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    So I'm not crazy.
    Well, you may very well be...just not for that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think it's about the Haven FOUNDATION.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

and I about Tommyknockers

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Default Stephen King’s Colorado Kid Coming To Syfy As "Haven"

Syfy has started production on Haven, a one-hour drama based on Stephen King’s 2005 mystery novella The Colorado Kid.

The series, which debuts July 19 at 10 p.m. EST/PST, follows a shrewd FBI agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose of Jericho and ER) with a lost past who arrives in a small town in Maine to investigate a murder. She soon discovers that the town, Haven, is a refuge for people with a range of supernatural abilities.

Haven also stars Eric Balfour (24, Six Feet Under) as the mysterious Duke Crocker and Lucas Bryant (Queer as Folk, M.V.P.) as local cop Nathan Wuornos.

The pilot is directed by Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Pushing Daisies) from a script by The Dead Zone team of Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, who serve as executive producers of the series. Scott Shepherd (Tru Calling, The Dead Zone) is the showrunner.

The Colorado Kid is a back story,” Syfy’s Mark Stern is quoted as saying by the Los Angeles Times. “These guys have done a great job of incorporating it into a larger franchise. The bones of The Colorado Kid are definitely buried in this larger franchise.”
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast