Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: "Gravity" - An ambitious new film by Alfonso Cuaron

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default "Gravity" - An ambitious new film by Alfonso Cuaron

Framestore is about to embark on one of its greatest challenges yet, Gravity is the next Avatar in terms of ambition. There are many innovative and visually stunning aims for this project.

The entire film will be made here at Framestore. In effect the film, as Avatar was, is 60% CG feature animation with the balance being hybrid CG and live action elements.

Starring Robert Downey Junior, the film is a contemporary survival thriller that follows a woman as she attempts to make her way back to earth after a satellite crash sets off a chain reaction of further crashes. Because it's set in space, most shots require every element to float in zero-gravity.

But then factor in that this is a stylish Cuarón flick, directed with his trademark languid feel, and you begin to realise the full scale of our challenge. Cuarón's long and fluid style (the opening shot alone is slated to last at least 20 minutes) leaves no cut points to hide behind. In short, this is a hybrid of a fully animated, photo-real feature film with a blockbusting visual effects movie.

Fortunately, having worked with Alfonso before on Harry Potter and Children of Men, we know one another extremely well. Now we are looking for the best talent in the world to help us realise this massive and beautiful film. Over the next few weeks we are interviewing and looking at reels of those in-house who want to join in as well as making trips to the US, Canada and Australia.

This is CG feature animation meets real world on a large and beautiful scale.
    -----
    Source.

This looks interesting. Sci-Fi is one of my favorite genres, and although RDJ has become something of franchise fodder recently, he is still a very talented and versatile actor. I'm especially curious to see that 20 minute opening scene.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Alfonso Cuaron has done some brilliant works. I really want to see this one. Robert Downey Jr. is a rare talent that can hold a whole movie on his back all alone and make it worth to see it. There were speculations Angelina Jolie would be in it.

I hope it is not the next Avatar. I believe it has the potential to be above it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Scarlett Scraps in Gravity
    Black Widow battles Green Lantern girl for sci-fi role.
    UK, August 11, 2010

Alfonso Cuaron's long-gestating sci-fi flick Gravity is a little closer to finding a lead, with the casting contest now down to two actresses.

According to Deadline, Iron Man 2 heroine Scarlett Johansson and Green Lantern girl Blake Lively both recently tested for the film, with a decision expected in the next couple of weeks.

Role is that of an astronaut who must battle her way back to earth when an avalanche of satellite junk hits her craft, with Deadline comparing the plot to Cast Away.

Angelina Jolie and Marion Cotillard were both previously attached to the part, with the current short-list suggesting that Cuaron is looking to cast younger.

Robert Downey Jr. has also landed a role in the film, which should lens early next year depending on the availability of the lead actress.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't heard of this film yet. I will now be angiously awaiting it.

Cuaron is an amazingly talented director. I now have high hopes for this.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First time I heard of this.
    Sounds very promising indeed.

sk

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude. Duuuuuuuuude.

Alfonso Cuaron is great, and Children of Men is one of my favorite movies ever. So this? Made my day/week.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's no such thing as Gravity...the Earth just sucks!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Dude. Duuuuuuuuude.

Alfonso Cuaron is great, and Children of Men is one of my favorite movies ever. So this? Made my day/week.
    Cuaron is a beast - children of men, prisoner of azkaban, y tu mama tambien - solid list of films there. Can't wait to see what he does with Gravity.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Portman Defies Gravity
    Star Wars actress out, Oscar winner in Cuaron's sci-fi film?
    October 6, 2010
    by Jim Vejvoda

Natalie Portman won't be launching into space again after all.

Deadline reports that the Star Wars and Thor actress has dropped out of Warner Bros.' 3D sci-fi drama Gravity that Alfonso Cuarón will direct. (Robert Downey Jr. remains attached to play a small role in it.) Angelina Jolie was the original choice for it but she also backed out.

The site claims the studio will now see if Oscar winner Sandra Bullock will suit up for the film, which is described as Cast Away in space. The female protagonist is trapped in space and trying to find a way to return to Earth after her space station is destroyed.

Deadline claims other actresses considered for the role include Naomi Watts (The Ring), Marion Cotillard (Inception), Carey Mulligan (Wall Street 2), Scarlett Johansson (Iron Man 2), Sienna Miller (G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra), Abbie Cornish (Sucker Punch), Rebecca Hall (The Town), Olivia Wilde (Tron: Legacy) and Blake Lively (Green Lantern).

We humbly suggest The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo's Noomi Rapace for the role.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been following the news on this film for a little while, and I can't say I'm too thrilled about Sandra Bullock being a possible lead. I don't know. I can't picture it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here. I'm not really a big fan of Bullock. Watts or Cotillard would be perfect though.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, no, please. Not Sandra Bullock. She can barely pull off Earth bound characters...

Am I the only person who thinks the plot sounds a lot like Star Trek:Voyager?

Why the heck is everyone dropping out?!??
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Same here. I'm not really a big fan of Bullock. Watts or Cotillard would be perfect though.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I was reading up and from what I gathered, both Jolie and Portman dropped due to salary issues... surely Bullock is bringing in as big bucks are either of them!?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, this certainly doesn't bode well ...

Downey Jr. Out!
    Iron Man defies gravity.
    November 18, 2010

Robert Downey Jr. has left the Warner Bros. sci-fi tale Gravity, a move which doesn't come as much of a surprise considering the apparent troubles surrounding the project.

Heat Vision reports that the Iron Man actor is now officially out of the Alfonso Cuaron thriller which is about a space-chick who is stranded when her space station goes bye-bye. Rumors of the star's leaving the film were floating around last month.

Downey Jr. may plug up the hole in his schedule soon, however, with Fox's How to Talk to Girls, the adaptation of the surely grating book written by a kid who doles out advice on how to deal with women.

Sandra Bullock is still in talks to star in Gravity. She was preceded by Natalie Portman and Angelina Jolie, both of whom were also to play the lead in the film before backing out.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

GRAVITY STARRING

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook