Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Certain famous actor mentioned in Wizard and Glass? ''minor spoiler''

Along the Path of the Beam LovesSweetExile is on a distinguished road

Default Certain famous actor mentioned in Wizard and Glass? ''minor spoiler''

Can't remember the exact page, think it was during their visit to Topeka after Blaine, but Adam Sandler is mentioned as something like an unknown comic or something similar, does anyone know if King is referring the the actual Adam Sandler from The Waterboy?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He's only unknown to Eddie, who also didn't know about Stephen King in his universe. At the time of W&G, Sandler would have been known primarily from Saturday Night Live and from the movies Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well he wasn't known to "Eddie" cause "Eddie" was a junkie. & it's actually surprising he didn't know who "King" was cause in (1987) they had done a few movies of his by than. my guess is he was just to damn stoned to pay any attention

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's also possible that in Eddie's reality, which wasn't the Keystone, that Stephen King didn't write The Shining, which was something Eddie was familiar with.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

or "Eddie" was like one of those people who have seen "King's movies such as say "Shawshank Redemption" or "Stand By Me' & they see it many times over the years. & they find out that it was written by "Stephen King' & that what the hell? he wrote that?

cause not everyone reads the credits while watching a movie. i do but not everyone does. & yes i'm sure there are people like that. & since he was a junkie he may have seen the film of 'The Shining" on tv while stoned out of his mind. & therefore remembered watching it. this is just all guesswork you understand

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    or "Eddie" was like one of those people who have seen "King's movies such as say "Shawshank Redemption" or "Stand By Me' & they see it many times over the years. & they find out that it was written by "Stephen King' & that what the hell? he wrote that?
    The suggestion in the later books seemed to be that
    Spoiler:
    Stephen King does not exist in Eddie's world.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well as i've said before i haven't read all the books yet. so that was just me guessing. i wonder how many world there actually are ya know?

is Eddie's timeline the same as "Susannah"s? i wonder? or rather world, portal whatever it's called i forget,
    so bear with me

Traveler SloTrans is on a distinguished road SloTrans's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    well as i've said before i haven't read all the books yet. so that was just me guessing. i wonder how many world there actually are ya know?

is Eddie's timeline the same as "Susannah"s? i wonder? or rather world, portal whatever it's called i forget,
    so bear with me
    I'd say in infinite number of worlds. What book are you in now?

Drink Nozz-A-La!!!

http://nozzala.com/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh "W&G" it's a bit slow on where i am now. basically they are still introducing the characters in the flashback story more or less. & i'm almost 200 pages into now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You should finish the books and you'll get your answers.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well give me some time to do so. he he. one question though. does "SK" actually answer all the questions that are brung up? i know that author's don't always do that unfortunally. neither to tv shows or movies for that matter. but in the case of the "DT" series does all the questions brung up basically get answered?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well damn, but hopefully he will answer those left unanswered in the next "DT" book that he's at some point going to write.

Traveler SloTrans is on a distinguished road SloTrans's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say the things he doesn't reveal are the most interesting. Something for my brain to chew on, hehe.

Drink Nozz-A-La!!!

http://nozzala.com/