Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Justin Cronin Spoilers!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I know, but we don't have one for "The Twelve" do we???
    That's why I suggested changing this thread's title to "The Passage Trilogy" rather than just "The Passage" so it can encompass discussion all three books.
    Very good point. I started one!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I will enter here shortly... almost finished
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I did...I did!!! I approached Joe Hill at the shindig where he signed all the uncopyedited manuscript proof and recommended the twelve since they were also giving out free proof copies of "the twelve" that day.
    He said "thanks, but im gonna wait until the whole series is finished, then read them straight through". He is an impatient reader. Lost, must have been a bitch for him
    anyway I couldn't wait that long to read it so when more people finish we can discuss

Yes, he said gonna not going to.
    and yes, this is called name dropping.

im so ashamed of myself

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished it, and I really enjoyed it. It took me awhile to remember who everyone was. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story is going to finally end in 2014

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya, I guess maybe 2 more books and then some offshoot maybe later according to Justin.
    I need to read the passage again just before the next one is released.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

its actually supposed to be more than 3 books now so you may want to call it "series" just sayin

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I made the mistake of reading The Twelve without first rereading The Passage. As a result, I didn't like The Twelve that much.

John

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I hadn't heard that. Any idea how many there might be?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed The Twelve, but it's no where near The Passage, in my opinion. The Passage was a little bloated at times, but The Twelve seems like it needed to be longer. The last 100 or so pages and the ending, while action-packed and well-written, where a little rushed to me.

On a related note, I'm still not sure how I feel about
    Spoiler:
    killing off the remainder of the Twelve (minus Carter, and Amy if you want to make it 13). I definitely wasn't expecting that at all.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed The Twelve, but it's no where near The Passage, in my opinion. The Passage was a little bloated at times, but The Twelve seems like it needed to be longer. The last 100 or so pages and the ending, while action-packed and well-written, where a little rushed to me.

Spoiler:
    killing off the remainder of the Twelve (minus Carter, and Amy if you want to make it 13). I definitely wasn't expecting that at all.

I agree, he should have spaced out there demise over the rest of the series or at least waited for a grand finally.
    To much at one time.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. When it happened, it didn't have as big of an impact on me and the story in general as I thought it would when and if it eventually happened.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like most middle books in a trilogy, this story is trying to tie everything back together for the finale. I will need to read the last book to know if this one really works or not.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he said most likely four and then some sort of side story.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I can understand that, but it didn't bother me too much. There were however, two things that did a little bit. First off, I really enjoyed the book overall so these were relatively minor. I didn't care for the "storyline jumping". Now that usually does not bother me, but earlier in the story the pacing just seemed a bit off. It got better as the story progressed though IMHO.

Spoiler:
    The other thing that slightly "miffed" me was some of the Amy/Carter/Wolgast "in a higher realm" storyline. I mean I think I got most of Cronin's points, but I felt like it needed
    a little more definition (?) I just seemed to come out of no where.

I guess what I mean to say is that I got his plot points, just didn't feel they were well made. If that makes sense.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I totally agree with your points. They were my main things as well. The Before Virus stuff (mainly the Kitteridge, Danny, April stuff) felt out of place. After I finished the book, I went back to those sections and really couldn't justify their existence in the book (unless Cronin plans to go back to some of those characters in The City of Mirrors). I loved the time-jumping in The Passage, but didn't really feel like it was needed in The Twelve instead of something more linear.

And the
    Spoiler:
    "higher realm" stuff
    , as you said, threw me off a bit, too. I understood the purpose and the emotions that he was trying to elicit, but it was a bit vague in terms of "what's going on here? How is this happening?"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I totally agree with your points. They were my main things as well. The Before Virus stuff (mainly the Kitteridge, Danny, April stuff) felt out of place. After I finished the book, I went back to those sections and really couldn't justify their existence in the book (unless Cronin plans to go back to some of those characters in The City of Mirrors). I loved the time-jumping in The Passage, but didn't really feel like it was needed in The Twelve instead of something more linear.

And the
    Spoiler:
    "higher realm" stuff
    , as you said, threw me off a bit, too. I understood the purpose and the emotions that he was trying to elicit, but it was a bit vague in terms of "what's going on here? How is this happening?"
    It is really good to know it was just not "Me". Yes, and you described it a bit better than I. Thanks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh cool. Thanks for that.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Mixed opinions about this book... The jumping around was fine... Had trouble with Amy story line... Should have been more prominent maybe and thus, explained a little better?

I am a little confused about Lila... Why is it that she is able to interact with the virals
    the way she does? Did I miss that explanation?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its like the whole Ridley Scott Aliens thing, they smell something in her blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Amy story line... Should have been more prominent maybe and thus, explained a little better?
    I agree. I don't think it was as prominent as it maybe should have been.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I think its like the whole Ridley Scott Aliens thing, they smell something in her blood.
    Yeah, I got that sense as well.

Amy story line... Should have been more prominent maybe and thus, explained a little better?
    I agree. I don't think it was as prominent as it maybe should have been.
    Agreed, but maybe that plays into the third book? I sure hope so. It seemed "deliberate", no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am a little confused about Lila... Why is it that she is able to interact with the virals
    It's her connection to Grey. He mustve partially turned her.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    It's her connection to Grey. He mustve partially turned her.
    Yeah, I neglected to mention that "Grey" was a "familiar" to the Twelve.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's my discussion. I read it, I liked it. I'm lousy at detailed dissections of books I've read because I simply can't remember them. The one good thing about this is that when re-reading them it all seems new again.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Here's my discussion. I read it, I liked it. I'm lousy at detailed dissections of books I've read because I simply can't remember them. The one good thing about this is that when re-reading them it all seems new again.
    I am exactly the same. My memory is just horrible. (Actually, it's not! I can remember long chains of random numbers and phone numbers and stuff like that stay with me for years), but I'm likely to forget a lot of stuff such as would allow me to discuss details of books.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast