+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: That awesome deal

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Way back in 1982 I had just started collecting Stephen King books. I think I had picked up used first editions of FIRESTARTER, THE DEAD ZONE and CUJO. I had never bought a new King first edition before.

I was in a store called Golden Age Collectibles in Pike Place Market in Seattle. I had mentioned to one of the guys behind the counter that I liked Stephen King. He said "Wait right here" and went into the back of the store. He returned with a shrinkwrapped copy of THE GUNSLINGER and said it was the last one he had. I had never heard of it before and was sort of surprised at the price. $20 was really an expensive book in 1982. At least I thought it was. I bought it and when I got to the car I began having second thoughts. I was in the Army at the time and our daughter had just been born. Money was somewhat tight and I didn't think I should be spending that much on one book. I almost took it back into the store to ask to return it. For whatever reason I didn't and I still consider it to be my best deal.

Breaker The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

John, Bob, those are the very definition of "awesome deals"

Weedeater frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot about that one. When The Dark Tower had just been released, and I was downtown Vancouver (B.C.), the Comic Shop, and there it was...a small stack of the trade editions, about 3 or 4 copies. Twent dollars wàs a lot of money those days...I hemmed and hawed a bit...hemmed and hawed some more, but finally bought a copy....only one....should have bought them all....

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A guy just contacted me looking to authenticate a signature. He purchased a 1978 hardcover version of The Stand signed by King at a yard sale in Biddeford Maine for $1!

Signature is completely authentic...short inscription and dated 2/1/80. Not a first edition (T45 in gutter). Book is VG and DJ is Fair only, but for a $1 and a real King sig...that's an AWESOME deal.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed! WOW!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Lucky Bar Steward!
    I have PS - Skeleton Crew Signed/Lettered for Sale, Trade or Swap. Layaway possible
    I soon will have PS - 'Salem's Lot Signed/Lettered for Sale. Trade or Swap. Layaway possible

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, this DEFINITELY qualifies as a steal! I took a chance on this eBay auction...title just said Different Seasons, but fine print and description said signed but there was no picture. Saw this with about 4 hours left in the auction and took a chance and bid on it as I had a gut feel that a pertson from Maine was not likely running a scam here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

So for $49 I got a 1st edition Different Seasons, inscribed by King in the year of publication. The book itself is Fine with bright lettering on the spine. No bumps, bruises and the page block is very nice indeed. The DJ is probably VG+ but can be easily replaced. You'll see this one at Betts later on!

$49, I still can't believe it.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! Congratulations!!!
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

John

Weedeater ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just don't go and change your name to Barbara.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps it was inscribed to Captain Dale "Barbie" Barbara....

Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go with your gut, David!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went to a "carboot sales" dedicated to old books.
    Some binding were AMAZING. I took some pictures.
    It is a shame that no such bindings are done nowadays. Some limited editions would be really nice.

Anyway, i got a french JAS for 10€ (half of the selling price). I only had the proof so got it.

And grabbed a FRANKENSTEIn (illustrated by Wrightson, introdued by King), 1st edition. Not in perfect condition, but quite good. 3€ ! A steal!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING) : on : Facebook | Twitter

ITEMS FOR SALE :

- French copies of RAGE,
    - Secretary of the Dreams, vol. 2 : uncorrected proof,
    - Just After Sunset, UK partial uncorrected proof

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, not SO awesome deal, but for me very good. 60 Euro inkl. delivery from USA Something for my anthology collection.

Borderlands 5 sig lim 102/500
    Signed by Stephen King, Bev Vincent + 25 others.

My collection
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...on-Stockerlone

GERMANY-FIFA Worldchampion 2014

SALE
    Stephen King promo telefon card
    Desperation/Regulator Flip-over ARC Leseexemplar

Along the Path of the Beam kkemikk is on a distinguished road kkemikk's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was looking for a reading copy of Salem's Lot a few months back. I saw an auction for a fine condition book with no dust jacket. Price was 3 EUR including shipping.

When I got the package in the mail, it was surprisingly large. I was thinking the seller is little crazy to use so much wrapping material for the book.

When I oped the package I was like , since inside was the Centipede Press edition of the book.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That's a great surprise kkemikk.

I've had plenty of awesome deals on King books over the years. Too many to mention.

Today I received the Collector's Edition of Under the Dome with a Cemetery Dance slipcase purchased off ebay for £30 ($46).

If I had bought them seperately from the US, the shipping costs alone to the UK would have been more than that.
    I have PS - Skeleton Crew Signed/Lettered for Sale, Trade or Swap. Layaway possible
    I soon will have PS - 'Salem's Lot Signed/Lettered for Sale. Trade or Swap. Layaway possible

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kkemikk View Post
    I was looking for a reading copy of Salem's Lot a few months back. I saw an auction for a fine condition book with no dust jacket. Price was 3 EUR including shipping.

When I got the package in the mail, it was surprisingly large. I was thinking the seller is little crazy to use so much wrapping material for the book.

When I oped the package I was like , since inside was the Centipede Press edition of the book.
    Brilliant! So i guess that you are stilm looking for a reading copy? ^^
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING) : on : Facebook | Twitter

ITEMS FOR SALE :

- French copies of RAGE,
    - Secretary of the Dreams, vol. 2 : uncorrected proof,
    - Just After Sunset, UK partial uncorrected proof

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic! 3 EUR that included shipping?!? I wonder how much the shipping alone was.

John

Roont Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably more than 3 EUR.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an amazing deal.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

99p for a UK prook of Wolves of the Calla

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's a good deal
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Guardian of the Beam Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't believe it until the book turned up this morning

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a great price tom,well done!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks im very happy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast