Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 807 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They were mentionning it in one of the latest newsletter. I rhink that they were saying 25 copies
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous book

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    This is one of the things I picked up while I was away - I thought you might like to see it. It's an advance proof for PET SEMATARY (one of the later type set ones). True, it's seen better days, but it's fun for a couple of reasons:
    1. I bought it in Bangor
    2. It is signed 'Steve' rather than 'Stephen'
    3. It's inscribed to Burt Hatlen (Stephen's English professor and mentor)
    4. It is dated September '83 which is months before the final publication (Nov I think?)
    5. And finally, ever the Professor, it is sprinkled through out with notes and corrections from Mr. Hatlen...

Definitely my new pride and joy -- hope you like iit too.
    Very nice!
    I have a customer who will be mad because she has many inscribed Burt Hatlan items in her collection. She would have loved this!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got one today too. Supposed to be scarce. Time will tell.

Somewhat large for a proof. About 10" x 7".

Very nice, carlos! I'm adding it to the list.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just posted a link to an eBay auction for this ARC in the appropriate thread (starting bid $69.99).

I picked up a S/L Six Stories for either $300 or $350 a couple of years ago. I breathed a little sigh of relief when it showed up well packaged as it was coming from the UK.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy today:

Thanks again, David!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a great deal, Tomas! Congratulations!

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some amazing deals here.
    The only thing I can think of is I got lucky with the The Eyes of the Dragon lottery (the Philtrum edition) and all I had to pay was $100.00 ......At the time quite a large sum of money, but still a good deal..yes??!!

sk

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And here's the "flip" side--that has Mick Garris' Introduction and Screenplay, Bernie Wrightson's Art Gallery, Photos from the Set and the Director's Notebook:

It's the same proof--just flip it over! (Envision the old Ace Double paperbacks.)

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome John. I was in the right place at the right time.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the price of that one was actually a total of $120--it included the $20 for shipping. Still, a great deal. (I was lucky enough to get one also.)

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I'm waiting for mine to arrive
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Back in 1998, I was lucky enough to find a copy of Six Stories for $250. Even then the book was selling for around $500. I had to sell it about 18 months after that and actually received an offer of $800 the day after I sold it for $500. Such is life though.

My most recent awesome deal was a non-King related item. I was able to get a Dark Horse comics Shiro (a comic character) statue that originally sold for around $175 for the princely sum of $37.00 total. That means with shipping and everything people. You can still find the statue on ebay and sellers want aroun $150 for it. The statue is in mint condition with zero defects.

Not King related, but certainly something I've been chasing for nearly 4 years.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

A long time ago, somebody was offering a Six Stories on some Usenet site...they said that it was beat up, and they would just take a high bid...I figured I'd take a chance at $110 on the chance that nobody would bid higher than $100.

I was right...then I had to trust her to send it...then had to hope it actually wasn't completely ruined.

It was beat-up, but not horribly...had a few tears on the cover, and one dime-sized chunk torn out...but def. readable and neat to have.

Best part...a few years later I sold it for $400, damage and all...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my signed limited scribner Under The Dome on ebay for $192. That's $8 under published price if Im not mistaken.

8 dollars is 8 dollars

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized I hadn't contributed my awesome deal:

Back when the s/l Cujo came out, I'd been dealing a lot with a book dealer by mail. On a business trip to his home town, I went down to see him. He had a few s/l Cujo editions for sale, but he said they weren't moving. He offered me one for $60 (list price was $75) so I grabbed one. I wish now that I'd bought all he had. Who knew?

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Way back in 1982 I had just started collecting Stephen King books. I think I had picked up used first editions of FIRESTARTER, THE DEAD ZONE and CUJO. I had never bought a new King first edition before.

I was in a store called Golden Age Collectibles in Pike Place Market in Seattle. I had mentioned to one of the guys behind the counter that I liked Stephen King. He said "Wait right here" and went into the back of the store. He returned with a shrinkwrapped copy of THE GUNSLINGER and said it was the last one he had. I had never heard of it before and was sort of surprised at the price. $20 was really an expensive book in 1982. At least I thought it was. I bought it and when I got to the car I began having second thoughts. I was in the Army at the time and our daughter had just been born. Money was somewhat tight and I didn't think I should be spending that much on one book. I almost took it back into the store to ask to return it. For whatever reason I didn't and I still consider it to be my best deal.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

John, Bob, those are the very definition of "awesome deals"

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot about that one. When The Dark Tower had just been released, and I was downtown Vancouver (B.C.), the Comic Shop, and there it was...a small stack of the trade editions, about 3 or 4 copies. Twent dollars wàs a lot of money those days...I hemmed and hawed a bit...hemmed and hawed some more, but finally bought a copy....only one....should have bought them all....

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my latest acquisition. A complete collection of Castle Rock. They show some signs of age with yellowing and some have mailing labels but overall they are in very good condition.

I do have a question for the other collectors out there. What is the best way to store these to help preserve them. First off should they opened up and store unfolded as they currently are. Should they kept in a bag, box? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I would also love to have a genuine set (maybe someday) but for now I am glad with the photocopies I purchased from Betts (hope to get these plus a few other cool items sometime next week).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Here is my latest acquisition. A complete collection of Castle Rock. They show some signs of age with yellowing and some have mailing labels but overall they are in very good condition.

I do have a question for the other collectors out there. What is the best way to store these to help preserve them. First off should they opened up and store unfolded as they currently are. Should they kept in a bag, box? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Congratulations. I recommend that you look through them and read many of the articles that appeal to you. There was really some interesting stuff in there. I was always excited when a new issue appeared in my mail box. Don't just file them away and not enjoy them.

I have mine bagged and boarded like a comic book but with the "magazine" sized bags and boards. I've kept mine folded. I'm not sure if that is the best way for archival storage but that is what I do.

Country
    Country Flag

Great set, Skippy - congratulations indeed!
    I used to have a subscription and was lucky to get a complete set. I have them stored in a box, folded, away from the light.
    If I remember correctly, I had a letter printed, wondering about an inconsistency in The Drawing of the Three. I have no idea any longer what this was about, but I'll look it up sometime and see what I thought King had gotten wrong...

sk

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Skippy.

You know this would be a great thing to have archived on a cd. Where one could look and read at these issues on your computer. That would be great. Rolling Stone and other magazine have done this. I bought the whole Rolling Stone archives on a cd and I can look at thousands of issues, there are even a few Stephen King bits in there.

btw John what is the page count of the ARC? It looks kinda thin (and congrats!).
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 807 ... LastLast