Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 750 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 250 650 700 740 748 749 750 751 752 760 800 850 1250 ... LastLast
Results 18,726 to 18,750 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

My Joyland Collection is now complete! I just received my ARC/Proof today. The Publisher said this & the 2 Gift Editions were all that they had left of King Inventory. My Contact has been very helpful & a pleasure working with! Reading in the proof catalogue that Jhanic knows of 4 including the one King is holding on the front of Parade. This makes number 5! THRILLED!
    Joyland shelf left to right, 2 1st Edition Flatsigned, 2 Gift, 1 S/L, 1 Lettered, 1 S/L, 2 Gift, 2 1st Edition Flatsigned

Now I can add this & there all there WHOOAA!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Congratulations Lot guy.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Postman!

have to go out - more in collection thread later
    Are you collecting packages

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first S/L !!!

Now I really feel part of TDT.ORG family....

Thank you Ray (SirFolio16) - Fast shipping, well packed and in mint condition.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks I appreciate that Alan.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent, sharki!! Congrats to you too.

Congrats on the S/L Sharki69, Ray never disappoints & is always a pleasure to deal with!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Lot Guy and sharki!

Stroppy, that is quite a haul! Were you out of town for a couple months, or is that the usual daily delivery at your house?
    Last edited by Patrick; 05-15-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have been looking for a matching set like this for awhile.. how often you do guys see one?
    I'd say pretty much never. The only way to get a set like this is to match the S/L's and seek out the GE. If it helps anyone, I have #958 of the GE and would consider trading for a different number (shipping cost is yours however!)
    Also if you have high #'s of the S/L's it's worth contacting Grant as I believe they still have copies of the GE for sale.
    Thanks... I would pay above market value to grab a set like this... AKC knows my number if he wants to buy his lovey a nice Bday/Xmas?Valentines/ETC gift. lol
    Also bear in mind that there are higher numbers as you go through the editions.
    The Talisman S/L 1200 numbered copies
    Black House S/L 1500 numbered copies
    BH/Talisman GE 3500 numbered copies.

So your number needs to be 1200 or less to get the full set.
    A matching set of these three is impressive. Congratulations, AKC!

So who is going to start a thread to track everyone's numbers for these three editions? Could lead to more matched sets. Theoretically.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a story!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL! Priceless!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Stroppy, that is quite a haul! Were you out of tons for a couple months, or is that the usual daily delivery at your house?
    I'm not sure about this bunch, but he usually has them held stateside and then shipped en masse.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that makes sense.

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I spent the last week hoping that no one would post it to the "Intriguing Auctions" thread. The title of the auction was The Gunslinger (Dark Tower #1 - Unabridged) Audio Cassettes Signed By SK, and I think not having "Stephen King" in the title of the auction helped. There were three other bidders in the last couple of days, but apparently none of them wanted to spend more than $30. Now I just need to find an equally sweet deal on The Drawing of the Three.
    You are fortunate RF took a week off.

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    You know the total number of signed/limited King's off the top of your head? I think skcollector has 44 listed on his limited page but wasn't sure if that was complete.
    This site lists them all. Check out the Catalogues.
    Too much counting, I was hoping someone would just tell me.
    Do you wish to know the number of titles, the number of items, the total limitations of all titles?
    Get off of your ass and go here. Add them up, then report back here to help other lazy people. Link:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...igned+Limiteds

Or did he?
    (God?)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Or did he?
    (God?)
    God only takes Christmas off. And Easter

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Stroppy, that is quite a haul! Were you out of tons for a couple months, or is that the usual daily delivery at your house?
    I'm not sure about this bunch, but he usually has them held stateside and then shipped en masse.
    Ah, that makes sense.
    This is correct. I have a US address with a Shipping Forwarder (IPSParcels) They hold deliveries for up to 30 days. They then ship using DHL or Fedex (your choice). They don't open the parcels and deal with all the paperwork including customs. This delivery took 2 days from Florida to my door and cost me less than half of what individual shipping would have been.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    My first S/L !!!

Fairly certain that book has now been owned by at least four members here.

I think I bought it from a member here, sold it to sirfolio16, and now sharkie69 now owns it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Lot Guy - nice! I contacted Charles Ardai before they announced the Joyland hardcover editions to check if a HC edition was in the works (I was assuming maybe a large print edition like for The Colorado Kid). He was very friendly and told me to wait for an announcement because they had something in the works. We all know what happened next.

When Charles turned out to be such a gentleman I also asked him if there were any ARCs available. He then forwarded my question to a lady-in-the-know but she told me they'd done only a limited number and she expected to send them all out to her media contacts. So unfortunately I was unable to get one. I did find a review copy (regular trade PB with publisher's letter) a couple of weeks before publication.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Postman!

have to go out - more in collection thread later
    Is it sad that I recognize one was a Betts box?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks - The Library Policeman, Lot guy, Patrick & Tippy

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    My first S/L !!!

Nice book, I feel bad I didn't snag it now.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Or did he?
    (God?)
    God only takes Christmas off. And Easter
    And mardi gras. The guy likes the boobies.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

My Joyland Collection is now complete! I just received my ARC/Proof today. The Publisher said this & the 2 Gift Editions were all that they had left of King Inventory. My Contact has been very helpful & a pleasure working with! Reading in the proof catalogue that Jhanic knows of 4 including the one King is holding on the front of Parade. This makes number 5! THRILLED!
    Joyland shelf left to right, 2 1st Edition Flatsigned, 2 Gift, 1 S/L, 1 Lettered, 1 S/L, 2 Gift, 2 1st Edition Flatsigned

Now I can add this & there all there WHOOAA!
    So you are saying all you did was contact the publisher and they just granted you access to the stuff?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 750 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 250 650 700 740 748 749 750 751 752 760 800 850 1250 ... LastLast