Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 1291 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have been collecting for 20 years, own over 400 books, almost 2/3rds signed by King, and I cannot come close to any of your amazing stories!

The closest I can come I think was that I had purchased the S/L Wizard & Glass on eBay (#296) for about $300 (back before any inkling that DT V-VII were in the works) and was looking through ABE.com and saw that a bookseller in NY (Marianna Fontana) had listed seperately DT S/L I, II, and III all #296 for sale. I bought all 3 for about $3000, and thus I was on my way to putting together my first complete same-numbered DT S/L set. And while the price was low compared to what the books are worth today, I thought it was unbelievable luck that I could put together a same-number set "the hard way." That set is among my favorite collectibles in my collection and has been subsequently augmented by:

#296 UK Wizard & Glass S/L
    #296 S/L Gunslinger audio tapes read by King
    #296 of all 4 DT prints by Michael Whelan
    I actually bought a DT I #71 for $1500 (a high price at the time, though not now)...then Mik at Grant Books had #71 of DT III and IV as well as Desperation for $1800...THEN I've since stumbled on Christine, Danse Macarbe, Night Visions, Dark Dreamers #71...and all the various editions I've been able to get at issue price, for a total of about 21 all with #71.

Other than the prices I mentioned, I have to say that I've been lucky to never have to pay significantly above market price for many of them...but, other than recent limiteds that I got at issue price, I haven't really gotten bargains either.

I am still missing DT 2 -DOTT #71, but I do have the $56 Author's Edition as a placeholder...

I even had two of three Plants with the same number, but I had to let them go...oh well...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am going on my birthday to the one in Portsmouth!! I have to get my hands on it before then!! WOO HOOO!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Metro DC Area Signing on June 23rd - I hope to be there!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the Cronin virus certainly seems to have spread

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Best deals:
    Nona German mini book 5.- Euro
    French Promo Birdcage for Dark Half 15.- EURO
    Heart Shaped Box Joe Hill 1st ed pb signed. 3.- Euro
    LETTERED Life in the Cinema 99.- $

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Best Deals: 3 Transgalaxis (Schwarz, Sie, Augen des Drachen) Leatherbound for 75 Euros
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing near as cool as the rest of you, but I ended up buying near mint unread copy of Rage for $100 from a member of SKEEMERS a year or so ago.

Karl

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I just called The Strand
    they are sold out....
    Hoping my order went through, but haven't received a Paypal invoice yet.

Should have ordered the CD version when they sent advance notice out, just could not bring myself to send them anymore money. They still owe me a couple o' grand of books...

Karl

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you know if he'll sign more than one copy? If so, if anyone could grab one for me I'll really appreciate it!

Of course I'm paying for all the costs.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm perfectly happy with the unsigned hardback I ordered from Amazon

(I feel a dedicated Justin Cronin thread emerging from this one, seems we're going a bit offtopic)

(by the way, which cover do you guys like best? The US or the UK one?)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The UK one by far.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the UK

Amazon.UK video here:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0752897845/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd _s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1F6AZYKH8CMAADP79CMK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =467198433&pf_rd_i=468294"]The Passage: Amazon.co.uk: Justin Cronin: Books[/ame]

Scroll down on Amazon to see video

mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the UK one because with a cover like that I can fool my mam into reading it, i'll tell her it's about a bonny wee orphaned lass from Scotland, see how far she gets before she asks me what the hell i've given her to read.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If gifts count I got a 1st/1st Gunslinger personalized to me by King from my dear friends here.

It stands second only to Dora's love as the greatest gift ever given to me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Justin actually talked about the different covers. Someone asked him what he thought about the cover and he said the only thing he really wanted on the cover (US edition) was stars. And there are stars.

He said he "liked" the UK one but there was a version from another country (Sweden? Finland?) that he absolutely liked the most. Sorry I can't remember which one it was. Let me see if I can ask him on Twitter...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer the US edition.

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Interesting website. The place doesn't answer the phone after 6:15pm EDT (I thought New York never slept).
    No big deal, ordered one and noted that if not autographed, cancel the purchase.
    Yes, that is what I did too. I'm pretty sure we will get signed copies.
    Great collecting mind (s) (yours not mine), think alike.
    I just got e-mail confirmation from The Strand that my order was processed and shipped. I was pretty explicit in my instructions that I only wanted a signed copy or nothing so I have my fingers crossed.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I also just recieved an e-mail from The Strand about my order being shipped, hope I get a signed copy.

I noticed that there description of the book does not mentioned "signed copies available" anymore...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I recieved an email stating the order was inadvertently lost, please re-order, etc.
    Attempts to actually call the store and reach a human being were unsuccessful.
    I'm sure it will resolve positively, but this also seems like the hype that surrounded ' The Historian ...Historio Graphus'...the S/L in particular, and signed trade editions were frantically sought, but now are 'a dime a dozen'

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I prefer the US edition.

sk
    Me too. Must be a European thing!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I prefer the US edition.

sk
    Me too. Must be a European thing!!
    Same here, although I like the UK cover too!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I like the UK cover too.

And the book (on page 50 something) is pretty intriguing so far. Can't wait to have time to read more! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

... but this also seems like the hype that surrounded ' The Historian ...Historio Graphus'...the S/L in particular, and signed trade editions were frantically sought, but now are 'a dime a dozen'
    That's what this hype reminded me of...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just received all three artist's editions of The Colorado Kid, all with matching numbers. Kind of cool for me as it is my first set of matching anything.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Is the artwork inside the book identical and the books's covers are the only difference or does each book has artwork of the artist who signed it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 391 791 1291 ... LastLast