Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 790 1290 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting website. The place doesn't answer the phone after 6:15pm EDT (I thought New York never slept).
    No big deal, ordered one and noted that if not autographed, cancel the purchase.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The first state dust wrapper with a 1st Salem's Lot for $250, about 25 years ago.
    Wait - this is the mega-rare version of which only five (or whatever) exist?
    What he said! True?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Per the (currently defunct) Hill House webpage:

There's a side story to this book's publication of interest to collectors. The first edition of 'Salem's Lot was priced at $7.95. One of the points of a true first edition 'Salem's Lot dust jacket is the inclusion of an error in the flap copy—the character "Father Cody" is misprinted as "Father Callahan." For many years this was considered the absolute first issue—until 1983, that is. I was working at Doubleday at the time as a publicist and had just finished doing the publicity on Pet Sematary. One day I was walking by the art department and noticed that the designers were cleaning out their flat files, throwing out the thousands of old dust jackets that had accumulated over the years. I saw a few King jackets lying in the discard file and asked if I could take them. Once I returned to my office, I started leafing through the dust jackets and saw three covers for 'Salem's Lot. I noticed, however, that the retail price was wrong—$8.95 instead of $7.95. However, the "Father Cody" error was present. I called my friend Bill Thompson and asked how this could be. Bill replied that the book had been originally priced at $8.95; however, at the last minute the sales department had decided that it was priced too high and should be reduced by $1. The dust jackets had just been printed with the original price, but they were still at the printer, so Doubleday made the call to have the printer price-clip the $8.95 and run the jackets through the press with the new price of $7.95. I realized that I was holding the three dust jackets that had been sent to the art department before the repricing. Today these three dust jackets, mated with first edition books, reside in the collections of the three top Stephen King collectors in the world. A dealer sold the third one about two years ago for over $10,000.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Interesting website. The place doesn't answer the phone after 6:15pm EDT (I thought New York never slept).
    No big deal, ordered one and noted that if not autographed, cancel the purchase.
    Yes, that is what I did too. I'm pretty sure we will get signed copies.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yes, that is what I did too. I'm pretty sure we will get signed copies.
    Great collecting mind (s) (yours not mine), think alike.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not sayin' I have a great mind or anything but I did the same around 6:45. Hopefully you guys left some for me. If not, I told them to cancel it so no harm done.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered 2 copies (down to 7 now)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I thought the same the day I set foot on the city...and when we decided to walk at 3am on a friday, everything was closed and almost no one was in the streets. I tried to find a place to eat on a saturday at 11 pm, almost 95% were closed.

But I love that city so much...

As for the Strand...last time I was in NY I spent all my money left there. Outstanding bookstore!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Down to 6.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought there were more then 3, but have no real idea since I wasn't there, of course.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    • Quietly Now S/L #31 of 500 (30 signatures including Sai King) - $40 as issued
    • Six Stories S/L #669 - $85 as issued (incl $5 for s/h)
    • Carrie 1st Edition - I won this in a contest
    • On Writing 1st Edition - signed by King - $25 (Issue price and signed by King at RBR Concert)
    • Stephen King From A to Z, George Beahm (signed Presentation Copy) - free as a gift from George Beahm
    I have a postcard from a bookseller saying he only had 8 copies of SIX STORIES left for that $85 price. I thought it was too much and didn't take one! You were much smarter then me back then!

I also have a card from L.W. Currey in which he offered me a copy of THE GUNSLINGER (yes, one of the 500 signed copies) but he had to charge me $10 more then cover price, and suggested I go directly to Grant, which I did, not bothering to get another copy for $10 extra.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ha! I've said before that any SK collector of any significance is on this site...haha...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing to compare with some of the above, but back in my early days on eBay (1999 or 2000) I saw a F/F copy of Six Stories (#178) + Contraband 2 up for bids together. I got both for $636. I had seen copies of Six Stories going for $800 at that time.

I turned around and sold Contraband II for over $500, meaning my outlay for the Six Stories was about $100.

The Six Stories was my first S/L book.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered one also stating on only wanted a signed copy...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have recieved the french new edition of FRANKENSTEIN, illuqtrated by bernie
    And i noticed something : well the book have more pages than the other french from 1984 (but this cOuld be due to the layout), and i dnt have my other copy at home to check

HOWEVER, something else is also very intriguing : the introduction.
    The one from 1984 was 2 pages long, and the new one is 4 pages long, and knda include the previous one at its end.
    The intro is divided in two parts, which are if i recall well: "about the book" n "about the writer"

are there 2 different introductions? Can someone compare an early edition with a more recent one?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Back in the glory days...
    Signed copy of Duddits (German dreamcatcher) @ $40
    Signed Limited Insomnia portfolio @ $40

Sold the former for loadsamoney
    Gave the latter away as a prize in an SKFakes competition
    Calla Wolf

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Ha! I've said before that any SK collector of any significance is on this site...haha...
    This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, as Matt would say!

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ist ed of Night Shift for around $5.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Last night I went to the Justin Cronin signing in NYC - here are some pics (he's a funny guy!)

Is it me, or does he look a lot like David?

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been collecting for 20 years, own over 400 books, almost 2/3rds signed by King, and I cannot come close to any of your amazing stories!

The closest I can come I think was that I had purchased the S/L Wizard & Glass on eBay (#296) for about $300 (back before any inkling that DT V-VII were in the works) and was looking through ABE.com and saw that a bookseller in NY (Marianna Fontana) had listed seperately DT S/L I, II, and III all #296 for sale. I bought all 3 for about $3000, and thus I was on my way to putting together my first complete same-numbered DT S/L set. And while the price was low compared to what the books are worth today, I thought it was unbelievable luck that I could put together a same-number set "the hard way." That set is among my favorite collectibles in my collection and has been subsequently augmented by:

#296 UK Wizard & Glass S/L
    #296 S/L Gunslinger audio tapes read by King
    #296 of all 4 DT prints by Michael Whelan

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Last night I went to the Justin Cronin signing in NYC - here are some pics (he's a funny guy!)

Is it me, or does he look a lot like David?
    I resemble that remark!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you can be his security double!
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had some pretty good deals on books. More amazing though are the books that I've been gifted with both here and at .net. In fact most of my most valuable books were gifts from friends here or there.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just called The Strand
    they are sold out....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 790 1290 ... LastLast