+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: That awesome deal

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default That awesome deal

Well...basically the idea is to post that deal you still can't believe, like grabbing a signed book for less than 10 dls (I remember Kenny grabbed a Bag of Bones pocket for an ammount like that one), or that copy of Rage which cost was only one dollar

I'll start with two deals in particular. One was a supposed gift edition of Insomnia which auction had the S/L picture of the book. Even when the seller said it wasn't signed, I bid and won...the S/L edition for 76 dls.

And the other was a pristine copy of Rage (US) for 26 dls S/H included...in a bookstore in Germany.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Citizen of Gilead east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I scored a NF/NF 1st/1st of IT for $8 from our local used book store..White Pine Used Books, White Pine Tennessee..All there SK hardcovers are priced about $4 to $8, but its hard to find nice copies. I stop iin once a month to see whats new...

Breaker The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got one of the inscribed Bag of Bones ARC's for $30 buy it now on ebay a couple of years back.

Manni Folken biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UK Bachman Books 1st/1st for £0.99
    Startling Mystery Stories mag with The Reaper's Image for $22
    Whispers 17/18 for $10

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light

The s/l Author's Edition of DT II-DOTT for $56...

Weedeater ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The first state dust wrapper with a 1st Salem's Lot for $250, about 25 years ago.

The proof of DOLAN'S CADILLAC for free in an apology by the publisher for realizing he forgot to send me the limited edition I had pre-paid for.

1st/1st signed CARRIE for $45.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The first state dust wrapper with a 1st Salem's Lot for $250, about 25 years ago.

The proof of DOLAN'S CADILLAC for free in an apology by the publisher for realizing he forgot to send me the limited edition I had pre-paid for.

1st/1st signed CARRIE for $45.
    I think strictly from a value POV this one is about as amazing as could be.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Manni Folken biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that one most likely tops all awesome deals!

Roont Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice is a splendid one to behold Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost like finding a DaVinci at a yard sale.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In about 2004, the first book i bought on ebay, and won on auctions, was a french Creepshow : for 20€ ! And was also my first King purchase that wasnt a pocket book!
    Cant get one at that price anymore !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

ITEMS FOR SALE :

- French copies of RAGE,
    - Secretary of the Dreams, vol. 2 : uncorrected proof,
    - Just After Sunset, UK partial uncorrected proof

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

• Quietly Now S/L #31 of 500 (30 signatures including Sai King) - $40 as issued
    • Six Stories S/L #669 - $85 as issued (incl $5 for s/h)
    • Carrie 1st Edition - I won this in a contest
    • On Writing 1st Edition - signed by King - $25 (Issue price and signed by King at RBR Concert)
    • Stephen King From A to Z, George Beahm (signed Presentation Copy) - free as a gift from George Beahm
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I canít remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddieís widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.Ē

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Breaker The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    We have a winner. Free is unbeatable.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light Rahfa is a glorious beacon of light

Wait - this is the mega-rare version of which only five (or whatever) exist?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Wait - this is the mega-rare version of which only five (or whatever) exist?
    What he said! True?
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Per the (currently defunct) Hill House webpage:

There's a side story to this book's publication of interest to collectors. The first edition of 'Salem's Lot was priced at $7.95. One of the points of a true first edition 'Salem's Lot dust jacket is the inclusion of an error in the flap copy—the character "Father Cody" is misprinted as "Father Callahan." For many years this was considered the absolute first issue—until 1983, that is. I was working at Doubleday at the time as a publicist and had just finished doing the publicity on Pet Sematary. One day I was walking by the art department and noticed that the designers were cleaning out their flat files, throwing out the thousands of old dust jackets that had accumulated over the years. I saw a few King jackets lying in the discard file and asked if I could take them. Once I returned to my office, I started leafing through the dust jackets and saw three covers for 'Salem's Lot. I noticed, however, that the retail price was wrong—$8.95 instead of $7.95. However, the "Father Cody" error was present. I called my friend Bill Thompson and asked how this could be. Bill replied that the book had been originally priced at $8.95; however, at the last minute the sales department had decided that it was priced too high and should be reduced by $1. The dust jackets had just been printed with the original price, but they were still at the printer, so Doubleday made the call to have the printer price-clip the $8.95 and run the jackets through the press with the new price of $7.95. I realized that I was holding the three dust jackets that had been sent to the art department before the repricing. Today these three dust jackets, mated with first edition books, reside in the collections of the three top Stephen King collectors in the world. A dealer sold the third one about two years ago for over $10,000.

Weedeater ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought there were more then 3, but have no real idea since I wasn't there, of course.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    • Quietly Now S/L #31 of 500 (30 signatures including Sai King) - $40 as issued
    • Six Stories S/L #669 - $85 as issued (incl $5 for s/h)
    • On Writing 1st Edition - signed by King - $25 (Issue price and signed by King at RBR Concert)
    • Stephen King From A to Z, George Beahm (signed Presentation Copy) - free as a gift from George Beahm
    I have a postcard from a bookseller saying he only had 8 copies of SIX STORIES left for that $85 price. I thought it was too much and didn't take one! You were much smarter then me back then!

I also have a card from L.W. Currey in which he offered me a copy of THE GUNSLINGER (yes, one of the 500 signed copies) but he had to charge me $10 more then cover price, and suggested I go directly to Grant, which I did, not bothering to get another copy for $10 extra.

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Ha! I've said before that any SK collector of any significance is on this site...haha...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing to compare with some of the above, but back in my early days on eBay (1999 or 2000) I saw a F/F copy of Six Stories (#178) + Contraband 2 up for bids together. I got both for $636. I had seen copies of Six Stories going for $800 at that time.

I turned around and sold Contraband II for over $500, meaning my outlay for the Six Stories was about $100.

The Six Stories was my first S/L book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Back in the glory days...
    Signed copy of Duddits (German dreamcatcher) @ $40
    Signed Limited Insomnia portfolio @ $40

Sold the former for loadsamoney
    Gave the latter away as a prize in an SKFakes competition
    Calla Wolf

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Ha! I've said before that any SK collector of any significance is on this site...haha...
    This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, as Matt would say!

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ist ed of Night Shift for around $5.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been collecting for 20 years, own over 400 books, almost 2/3rds signed by King, and I cannot come close to any of your amazing stories!

The closest I can come I think was that I had purchased the S/L Wizard & Glass on eBay (#296) for about $300 (back before any inkling that DT V-VII were in the works) and was looking through ABE.com and saw that a bookseller in NY (Marianna Fontana) had listed seperately DT S/L I, II, and III all #296 for sale. I bought all 3 for about $3000, and thus I was on my way to putting together my first complete same-numbered DT S/L set. And while the price was low compared to what the books are worth today, I thought it was unbelievable luck that I could put together a same-number set "the hard way." That set is among my favorite collectibles in my collection and has been subsequently augmented by:

#296 UK Wizard & Glass S/L
    #296 S/L Gunslinger audio tapes read by King
    #296 of all 4 DT prints by Michael Whelan
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had some pretty good deals on books. More amazing though are the books that I've been gifted with both here and at .net. In fact most of my most valuable books were gifts from friends here or there.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast