Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephen King tours in Bangor

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King tours in Bangor

Just received this email from Stu:

It seems that MSN didn't send the notice to everyone, so I will try it this way.

Starting the first of July (hopefully) we are launching Stephen King Tours of the Bangor (Derry) area. At this time it looks like it will be a 3 hour tour, I have purchased a Chrysler 7 passenger van with all wheel drive (for those nasty winter tours!) and hope to get the new web page up in a couple of weeks. The tour will hit about 25 key places and we will sell T-shirts and other memorabilia along with it. The new e-mail address of SK-Tours@msn.com is effective as of today. Wish me luck!!

Stu Tinker
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Wicked! I hope to make it up there to take one someday!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I am ever there I would go!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I told my wife about this and her response was "When are we going?!?"

I'm hoping maybe in the fall.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was in Bangor last year - even visited Betts.
    I doubt I'll be back (Betts was my Main(e) reason to go there), but if I will, I'll take the tour - definitely!

sk

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is a direct offshoot of the IT Tour that the SKEMERS took every year they visited Bangor - I went twice myself. We visited places that included:
    • Stephen King's Home
    • The Field of Screams (Baseball Park that SK had built)
    • The Bangor Library (upgraded with SK & Tabatha Foundation)
    • The Sewer Grate (IT)
    • The Standpipe (IT)
    • The Birdbath (IT)
    • The Gazebo (Dead Zone)
    • Paul Bunyan Statue (IT)
    • The Barrens (IT)
    • Mount Hope Cemetery (Pet Semetary)
    • Bangor International Airport (The Langoliers)
    • Downtown Canal (IT)
    • Closed down factory near the river (Graveyard Shift)

And more that I can't remember! :-)

Here's hoping Stu does well in this new adventure!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I think this is a direct offshoot of the IT Tour that the SKEMERS took every year they visited Bangor - I went twice myself. We visited places that included:
    [LIST][*]Stephen King's Home
    The King's never spend any time at that house anymore. They spend their time at Kezar lake when they are not in Florida.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I visited Bangor in July/August, 2008, when we reached SK house he was entering the house from the car.

So in summer you might be lucky enough
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys need to move closer to Bangor.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did this tour ever actually get started, and if so, is it still available?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Did this tour ever actually get started, and if so, is it still available?
    http://www.sk-tours.com/

Still available and doing well; sounds like Stu has been pretty busy with tours this summer.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$39.95. Probably a good price.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tours are still going. Hit them this fall when the leaves turn.
    http://www.sk-tours.com/

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I've been on this tour and it's excellent. Stu has some great stories that I've never heard before. $40 is pretty cheap considering that probably just covers the gas, since he drives very far distances on the tour.

The house where SK lived when he sold Carrie I think has been demolished. That was the neatest thing to me that Steve was poor and literally moved 2 blocks away to the famous house.

Highly recommended!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Main(e) problem with this tour is that Bangor is in the middle of nowhere. My company has an office in Lewiston, which is pretty far up there (2 hours north of Boston), and it's another two hours from Lewiston to Bangor.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    The Main(e) problem with this tour is that Bangor is in the middle of nowhere. My company has an office in Lewiston, which is pretty far up there (2 hours north of Boston), and it's another two hours from Lewiston to Bangor.
    We have a different perspective down here in the Texas Panhandle where things are really spread out. Most of us would think nothing of a four hour drive.....especially if it was to do something really cool.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here in the Netherlands a four hour drive will take you literally anywhere in the whole country...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

It was 90 minutes from Bar Harbor/Acadia so if you're up there it's definitely worth the drive.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    We have a different perspective down here in the Texas Panhandle where things are really spread out. Most of us would think nothing of a four hour drive.....especially if it was to do something really cool.
    At one point I had a brother and sister who both lived in Texas, and it was hard to comprehend that there was an 8-hour drive separating them.

+ Reply to Thread