• The Green Mile

18 26.47%
  • The Waste Lands

40 58.82%
  • Never read one or both titles

10 14.71%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wave 1A: The Green Mile vs. The Waste Lands

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wave 1A: The Green Mile vs. The Waste Lands

vs.

This is the third and final round of our 2010 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you would rather re-read. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Tough, tough call. In the end, though, I had to go with The Green Mile.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Tough, tough call. In the end, though, I had to go with The Green Mile.
    So did I. One of my favorite King novels, and really is due for a re-read, I suppose.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I just reread it. You won't be sorry.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate you for making THIS a choice so early pablo. I hate you.

The Green Mile.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

wastelands, gotta be -

we meet OY, no book beats that for me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I hate you for making THIS a choice so early pablo. I hate you.
    If it makes you feel any better, the seedings were all absolutely random. You can see the complete schedule here.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    wastelands, gotta be -

I love you.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It does NOT help any Pablo. Not. One. Hairy. Bit.

I am saddened to see The Waste Lands has more votes than The Green Mile, but not surprised. This is THE DARK TOWER.com after all.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Waste Lands...by a landslide.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I loved both of these so it was hard to choose, but I had to choose the one I was most likely to read again, and I have read repeatedly the wastelands, but only a few times Green Mile. That's just how it is.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    wastelands, gotta be -

I love you.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mile. This reminds me, I really need to reread The Green Mile, and Different Seasons.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I just recently reread The Green Mile and frankly, I'm starting to think this one is in King's top three. God, I love this book.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I just recently reread The Green Mile and frankly, I'm starting to think this one is in King's top three. God, I love this book.
    Yeah, it's easy to underestimate: pretty excellent. But still, no competition for The Waste Lands.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 58.82% of the vote was The Waste Lands. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.454834055.

The Green Mile is 0 for 1 (0.0, 0%).
    The Waste Lands is 1 for 1 (0.1, 100%).

+ Reply to Thread